Alec Baldwin shoots, kills woman on movie set

Wildcat23

Lots of attention on first assistant director Dave Halls.

According to a search warrant filed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Dept. and obtained by The Associated Press, Halls picked up 1 of 3 guns from a cart that had been prepared by the production’s armorer. He allegedly declared “cold gun” as he was handing it to Baldwin.

In a grim coincidence, Halls worked as the first assistant director on the second unit of the 2000 movie “The Crow: Salvation,” the sequel to “The Crow,” the film on which Brandon Lee died in an on-set gun accident in 1993.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Lots of attention on first assistant director Dave Halls.

According to a search warrant filed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Dept. and obtained by The Associated Press, Halls picked up 1 of 3 guns from a cart that had been prepared by the production’s armorer. He allegedly declared “cold gun” as he was handing it to Baldwin.

The NYT piece on the director's affidavit also makes it pretty clear they were asking a lot of questions suggesting they were still trying to figure out who loaded it: ex., was anyone acting suspiciously, who else had access, were people searched for contraband as they came on and off the set.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/24/arts/baldwin-shooting-details.html

One thing that jumped out at me was that one of the earlier unintentional discharges apparently involved the same weapon. Was it even safe by 1880s standards?

Also seeing the claim circulating that members of the crew may have been using prop guns for target practice off-set, and that real ammunition was found stored alongside stage blanks.

15 hours ago, ginger said:

And from the Jack McCoy Law and Order school...I just looked up the statute in New Mexico. I don't know how you don't get Man 2 DEPRAVED INDIFFERENCE.

I get what you're trying to say, but that's actually much harder to prove, and the facts just aren't there. Not just a negligent act that led to an unintentional death, but an intentional act with evidence that the person responsible knew they were endangering people and simply did not care.

With very few exceptions, every unintentional shooting involves negligently pointing a gun at someone. It is always careless and a violation of basic safety practices, but something people fail at all the time, without intent. Yet it's also self-evidently true that many unintentional shootings do not result in criminal charges.

If it's true that the same weapon was being used for target practice and the gunmaster was letting it go on? She would have known or should have known, she knew there had been accidents because of her mistakes, she may have even screamed at people for pointing out her mistakes. I could see it ending up much more workable to put that in front of a jury, even for depraved indifference.

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

I get what you're trying to say, but that's actually much harder to prove, and the facts just aren't there. Not just a negligent act that led to an unintentional death, but an intentional act with evidence that the person responsible knew they were endangering people and simply did not care.

With very few exceptions, every unintentional shooting involves negligently pointing a gun at someone. It is always careless and a violation of basic safety practices, but something people fail at all the time, without intent. Yet it's also self-evidently true that many unintentional shootings do not result in criminal charges.

If it's true that the same weapon was being used for target practice and the gunmaster was letting it go on? She would have known or should have known, she knew there had been accidents because of her mistakes, she may have even screamed at people for pointing out her mistakes. I could see it ending up much more workable to put that in front of a jury, even for depraved indifference.

Screw that Bing, the people are paid professionals. I bet they're drunk and or on drugs. WHERE'S THE BLOOD TESTS? I want to know what the search results were...let's see an inventory. 

Seriously Bing...does that girl look like she gives a fuck about anyone but herself? We already know Alec Baldwin doesn't. 

DEPRAVED DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THIS SITUATION. 

^^^INTENTIONAL ACT WITH EVIDENCE...WHAT THE" RES IPSA LOQUITUR" DOESN'T APPLY? WHY NOT..IT DOES FOR EVERY OTHER PROFESSION...EVEN NURSING.

You drop somebody on the floor...it means you wanted them on the floor. Freak accidents/ acts of God are few, far and in between.

This shooting wasn't an act of God except for the Alec Baldwin who has a God complex. I bet I could prove that in a court of law. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

34 minutes ago, ginger said:

Seriously Bing...does that girl look like she gives a fuck about anyone but herself? We already know Alec Baldwin doesn't. 

Like I said, based on the information that's out - which isn't all of it, yet - she seems to be the one who you could most easily make a depraved indifference argument toward.

There's no "we already know". You need evidence of what you're claiming happened. A key witness - a cameraman who was standing next to them when they were shot - was telling police the opposite, that he felt Baldwin was "very careful" with the gun (his words), and conscientious about keeping children away when guns were out.

I know who I'd want to talk to: the 911 caller. That woman sounded like she had some knowledge of problems on-set and some things to say about it, but it sounds like her beef is with the gunmaster.

49 minutes ago, ginger said:

^^^INTENTIONAL ACT WITH EVIDENCE...WHAT THE" RES IPSA LOQUITUR" DOESN'T APPLY? WHY NOT..IT DOES FOR EVERY OTHER PROFESSION...EVEN NURSING.

Medical professionals negligently kill people all the time without being charged with manslaughter - for the same reason we're discussing here.

You are correct about res ipsa loquitur, but that's part of establishing ordinary negligence in civil law - like a malpractice or wrongful death lawsuit - not criminal law. The prosecution doesn't get to just skip over the part where they prove it.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

Like I said, based on the information that's out - which isn't all of it, yet - she seems to be the one who you could most easily make a depraved indifference argument toward.

There's no "we already know". You need evidence of what you're claiming happened. A key witness - a cameraman who was standing next to them when they were shot - was telling police the opposite, that he felt Baldwin was "very careful" with the gun (his words), and conscientious about keeping children away when guns were out.

I know who I'd want to talk to: the 911 caller. That woman sounded like she had some knowledge of problems on-set and some things to say about it, but it sounds like her beef is with the gunmaster.

Medical professionals negligently kill people all the time without being charged with manslaughter - for the same reason we're discussing here.

You are correct about res ipsa loquitur, but that's part of establishing ordinary negligence in civil law - like a malpractice or wrongful death lawsuit - not criminal law. The prosecution doesn't get to just skip over the part where they prove it.

Oh fine. lol I guess I knew that...What's the motive right? 

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

This didn’t age well at all:

OMG, 27...you must be a really huge movie buff..I totally forgot about that movie. Now I want to see it again.

Don Jr posted this and it’s spot on:

The media is in full on panic mode to protect Baldwin from ANY criticism because they agree with his politics. If the shoe were on the other foot, Baldwin would be the first guy out there pissing on anyone involved & the media would be joining him.