ME Football Controversy

DanCooper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

So Paske waited till this late to make his protest for maximum effect. We’ll played. Forks you get your W back.

You do realize Paske, the JC AD, is also the Section 4 Football Chairman right? 
Don’t toss this on him or anyone from any other school. If this is a legitimate violation place it solely on the shoulders of M-E’s AD and no one else. 

This happened in another sport in this section not too long ago so the AD’s should know how to dot ALL the i’s and cross all the t’s on transfers. 

Let’s just hope there was not a violation and nothing comes of it. The kid’s certainly do not deserve this. If there was a violation, then the loss of W’s is warranted unfortunately, and the kids suffer because an adult did not do his job completely. 

9 minutes ago, Section4Mike said:

You do realize Paske, the JC AD, is also the Section 4 Football Chairman right? 
Don’t toss this on him or anyone from any other school. If this is a legitimate violation place it solely on the shoulders of M-E’s AD and no one else. 

This happened in another sport in this section not too long ago so the AD’s should know how to dot ALL the i’s and cross all the t’s on transfers. 

Let’s just hope there was not a violation and nothing comes of it. The kid’s certainly do not deserve this. If there was a violation, then the loss of W’s is warranted unfortunately, and the kids suffer because an adult did not do his job completely. 

You’re not reading closely enough. ME shouldn’t blame him at all.

13 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

You’re not reading closely enough. ME shouldn’t blame him at all.

Moreover, IF Paske knew about this at the start of the season he should have acted sooner - not at the end of the season. This is about the kids not adults and their ego’s. Kids got hurt on the field for apparently nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Section4Mike said:

YOU said “JC AD ratted them out.”. That’s Paske. I did not mean you blame Paske. I clearly said the M-E AD is to blame.
As we both said, it’s the kids that suffer. 

We’re on the same side here. The phrase was tongue in cheek, not meant to shoot the messenger. Let’s see where the appeal goes.

6 hours ago, Hank Mitchell said:

Luckily the rest of the Sect 4 B division is extremely weak and thin. Even if the first 5 wins get vacated they'll still make the state playoffs. 

Not necessarily. Just 3 B teams make the playoffs this year. So they’d have to beat Windsor next week to get in. 

I am absolutely opposed to talking about children on this forum...  any kid should remain nameless.  Let's please try to respect that.  Knowing the details, I do suspect the original ruling will be overturned as the rules appear to have been followed.  All four teams will make the playoffs in Class B.  It comes down to seeding.  After a win Friday, the team is tied for first seed.    

When / if you post on this, my hope would be that everyone continues to remember that at the heart of any situation like this is a kid / group of kids who are caught up in it.  

It will all pass and, it is too bad that it was not handled a little more delicately.   

10 hours ago, GTO said:

I am absolutely opposed to talking about children on this forum...  any kid should remain nameless.  Let's please try to respect that.  Knowing the details, I do suspect the original ruling will be overturned as the rules appear to have been followed.  All four teams will make the playoffs in Class B.  It comes down to seeding.  After a win Friday, the team is tied for first seed.    

When / if you post on this, my hope would be that everyone continues to remember that at the heart of any situation like this is a kid / group of kids who are caught up in it.  

It will all pass and, it is too bad that it was not handled a little more delicately.   

Stop giving bad behavior a pass.  Either the kid lives in the ME district or he doesn't. 

One exception, there is a 50 mile limit in NYS for homeless students.  Technically a student could be homeless in Norwich but if he identifies as an ME student, ME will have to bus him from Norwich to ME.  That is the only exception that I know of.   http://www.nysed.gov/essa/mckinney-vento-homeless-education

Second, this is not a victimless incident.  There is at least 1 ME student that did not get to play football.  What about him?  

Pete, I agree with what you are saying and trust me I have a pretty solid handle on the rules. 

It's not a pass and I'll be shocked if he is not re-instated as he did not break the rules.   I can tell you that much for certain, and without hesitation. 

And, its a kid...  

It will play out. 

13 minutes ago, GTO said:

Pete, I agree with what you are saying and trust me I have a pretty solid handle on the rules. 

It's not a pass and I'll be shocked if he is not re-instated as he did not break the rules.   I can tell you that much for certain, and without hesitation. 

And, its a kid...  

It will play out. 

We should find out today.

41 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Stop giving bad behavior a pass.  Either the kid lives in the ME district or he doesn't. 

One exception, there is a 50 mile limit in NYS for homeless students.  Technically a student could be homeless in Norwich but if he identifies as an ME student, ME will have to bus him from Norwich to ME.  That is the only exception that I know of.   http://www.nysed.gov/essa/mckinney-vento-homeless-education

Second, this is not a victimless incident.  There is at least 1 ME student that did not get to play football.  What about him?  

Well I know of a family that lives in Binghamton, but they send their kids to ME schools, and they have to pay for them to go there.  They, like Mara YOUNG (Mark's sister) don't want their kids to go to school with, what they refer to, as the scumbags in the Binghamton School district.  

They just don't want to leave their west side abode.  

I told you guys I'd be surprised, and I'm surprised.   I do suspect there is an appeal process etc but will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  The team will still make the playoffs etc.. I do feel very badly for the kid, he's caught up in a mess not of his creating... 

2 minutes ago, GTO said:

I told you guys I'd be surprised, and I'm surprised.   I do suspect there is an appeal process etc but will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  The team will still make the playoffs etc.. I do feel very badly for the kid, he's caught up in a mess not of his creating... 

Looking at the WBNG posting, the JC game is a loss now?