Local COVID cases spike, packed hospitals & INCOMPETENT doctors

BinghamtonBill

We are not getting the full story on Covid cases from our local hospitals or the WORTHLESS local news.  Just yesterday BCVoice had a first hand experience with how bad things are around here... made worse by our INCOMPETENT local doctors.

A woman known to BCVoice was tested two weeks ago at LOURDES... TWICE... only to be told she was Covid negative.  However late last night she went to the Wilson ER, unable to breath.  The Wilson ER was so packed with Covid patients, 25-30 parents were laying in the hallway, not able to get a bed.  The test at Wilson confirmed Covid, and this patient likely had Covid ALL ALONG.  The MORON MD's at Lourdes got it all wrong!

The doctors at Wilson told this Covid patient if she waited much longer, it may have been too late. The virus badly attacked her lungs. She is doing better today, after rigorous treatment with intravenous antibiotics.

We are told Lourdes is crawling with Covid, and locked down to all visitors.  Stay the hell away from Lourdes, the doctors are as rude as they are dumb, and no one can get in there.

I'm so glad whomever is sick was able to convince the doctors she was, in fact, really sick. That's their modus operandi..wait till you are on your deathbed before they do anything. Well we've been discussing the incompetence of many Lourdes doctors for years. I can bump up hundreds of threads on BCV. 

This is the consequence of ignoring subjective data from the patient. EVIDENCED BASED (OBJECTIVE) MEDICINE ONLY.. CREEPS. Actually I will bump a thread...our very first covid patient..Mr Polakovich..look what happened to him! Didn't learn anything in 2 years! 

Sorry you know I just want to rant a little more...Lourdes needs to get it together. They treat the people who live and pay taxes here like shit while they operate without having to pay a dime except in "community service' SERVICE YOUR DAMN PATIENTS...THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. ACT LIKE IT!

7 minutes ago, BinghamtonBill said:

Unfortunately she was not vaccinated. 

Why are they treating her with an antibiotic for a virus? You don't have to answer I already know... she probably developed a secondary infection because they refused to address her concerns in the first place. Happens every time. Then they complain their hospital is too busy and people are laying in the hallways. Whose fault is that? 

I can tell you this when this person was tested twice three and two weeks ago and the same RUDE Dr. told he or she tested Negative and to go home.  Well the interesting part of this real deal story is when he or she got tested at Wilson Friday  he or she was found to be Covid Positive with their lungs filled with liquid. The Wilson Dr. told this person if he or she had waited one more day they would have had to put he or she on a Ventilator. I'm reporting this because this person contacted us from the Hospital and gave of us this story.

Not only that but when the records were sent from Lourdes to Wilson for the Dr. to read the reports, he found that the tests were read wrong and he or she was positive three and two weeks ago when the Lourdes Dr. said the test came back Negative both times and the person was sent home.

No wonder there's a serious spread of the Virus in our area!!!!!!!!

WTF is going on around here??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a way to protect yourself and that is to buy your own test kits.

SAM'S has the BinaxNOW test kit for $14.  Each box has 2 tests in it.  So that is only $7 a test. 

The BinaxNOW kit is highly rated.  I gave a test kit to my brother a few weeks ago.  Last week he wasn't feeling well so he did the test.  The instructions said to wait 15 minutes  before checking the results.  Within 3 minutes, the test showed him as positive.

With the sad state of affairs that this country is in, we have to become more self reliant. 

Be prepared. 

10 hours ago, Independent said:

I can tell you this when this person was tested twice three and two weeks ago and the same RUDE Dr. told he or she tested Negative and to go home.  Well the interesting part of this real deal story is when he or she got tested at Wilson Friday  he or she was found to be Covid Positive with their lungs filled with liquid. The Wilson Dr. told this person if he or she had waited one more day they would have had to put he or she on a Ventilator. I'm reporting this because this person contacted us from the Hospital and gave of us this story.

Not only that but when the records were sent from Lourdes to Wilson for the Dr. to read the reports, he found that the tests were read wrong and he or she was positive three and two weeks ago when the Lourdes Dr. said the test came back Negative both times and the person was sent home.

No wonder there's a serious spread of the Virus in our area!!!!!!!!

WTF is going on around here??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you can't see the stunned look on my face.

ROGUE DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL POLICY? 

DIDN'T GET VAXED? WELL SCREW YOU, NOW YOU CAN SUFFER? IS THAT IT? Is that the game they are playing because on twitter I can link hundreds maybe thousands of posts of people who purport to be medical professionals stating they are going to screw with nonvaxed people.

I'd call the police and file a complaint. Tell them you want an investigation. Seriously. this sounds criminal in nature, if not, negligent and or abusive. Is the patient a senior citizen, elderly?

Non vaxed patients go to the end of the line? Is that the policy? That's what they are saying on twitter. I have doctors on my feed not to mention politicians who have these people talking like this.. I'll find you some threads when I get a chance...unbelievable..the utter arrogance. 

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

There is a way to protect yourself and that is to buy your own test kits.

SAM'S has the BinaxNOW test kit for $14.  Each box has 2 tests in it.  So that is only $7 a test. 

I have a couple in the medicine cabinet, just in case. The only test I've taken throughout this whole thing was to re-enter the United States this summer, but it's a good idea if you're feeling sick.

With that said, the rapid tests, including Binax, are very susceptible to false negatives, and worse on asymptomatic patients (who are also less infectious anyway). They're very, very good at confirming you *do* have it if they do come back positive, but very inconsistent at establishing you do not. They're more useful in a population health setting (like workplace screening), where you're trying to screen out as many infections as you can to reduce the total spread, but recognizing it won't be perfect.

I'm wondering if the Lourdes complaints are stemming from rapid tests. I do know someone who recently had to be hospitalized for five days (not ICU), and should have been there longer, but they needed the bed. She had multiple negative tests (not sure which) around day 2 of symptoms being bad enough to get help, before her doctor told her to knock it off, accept that it was probably COVID, and go to the ER. Got a scan, double pneumonia. Positive PCR on, like, day 5.

12 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I have a couple in the medicine cabinet, just in case. The only test I've taken throughout this whole thing was to re-enter the United States this summer, but it's a good idea if you're feeling sick.

With that said, the rapid tests, including Binax, are very susceptible to false negatives, and worse on asymptomatic patients (who are also less infectious anyway). They're very, very good at confirming you *do* have it if they do come back positive, but very inconsistent at establishing you do not. They're more useful in a population health setting (like workplace screening), where you're trying to screen out as many infections as you can to reduce the total spread, but recognizing it won't be perfect.

I'm wondering if the Lourdes complaints are stemming from rapid tests. I do know someone who recently had to be hospitalized for five days (not ICU), and should have been there longer, but they needed the bed. She had multiple negative tests (not sure which) around day 2 of symptoms being bad enough to get help, before her doctor told her to knock it off, accept that it was probably COVID, and go to the ER. Got a scan, double pneumonia. Positive PCR on, like, day 5.

Oh, you mean there is a doctor in Broome County that can make an executive decision? Can I get a referral?

I’m very sorry to hear this, and hope the person with Covid makes a full recovery. Lourdes is horrible. If your family has an emergency I would recommend the ER at Wilson.

Reading this about all the Covid patients lining the hospital hallway is a grim reality we aren’t hearing on the news. 

Thank you for this wake up call Garo and BCV. Even though the gone tests aren’t perfect, I’m going to order some for the winter. And I will continue to encourage friends and family to get the vaccine. 

17 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

..... the rapid tests, including Binax, are very susceptible to false negatives, and worse on asymptomatic patients (who are also less infectious anyway).

The Binax test is very specific about certain things.  There are specific instructions regarding how and where to swirl in your nose.  The directions are very specific about putting 6 drops into the testing well, keeping the dropper straight up and not touching the actual well with the dropper.

Given these specifics and a general population that is to busy or lazy to read the instructions and follow them, I believe there could be many false negatives.

1 minute ago, PeteMoss said:

The Binax test is very specific about certain things.  There are specific instructions regarding how and where to swirl in your nose.  The directions are very specific about putting 6 drops into the testing well, keeping the dropper straight up and not touching the actual well with the dropper.

Given these specifics and a general population that is to busy or lazy to read the instructions and follow them, I believe there could be many false negatives.

Even in a controlled setting with clinicians running the test, they may miss about a third of symptomatic cases: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0249710

Still, I agree that they're very useful. Catching "most" is a lot better than catching "none". It's just good to know their limits.