City Hall YouTube video

Mr. Met

Captain Becky Sutliff gave all of law enforcement a bad name with her confrontational and condescending attitude.  And the court officer at the end should be suspended, for his unprofessionalism.  The one person who handled herself well is an attorney, she obviously knows the man's rights.  Sharon Sorkin should be commended. 

23 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I watched less than 2 min…who are the douchebags filming this?

These days, people shouldn’t just be able to wander into offices, filming or not.

These are people who go around ensuring that our first amendment rights are upheld.

What could there possibly be to hide?  Please let me know.

These people are ignorant.

2 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

These are people who go around ensuring that our first amendment rights are upheld.

What could there possibly be to hide?  Please let me know.

These people are ignorant.

They can request FOIL’s online…or whatever.

They don’t need to to be wandering around offices.

Not talking hiding anything, but I don’t like the safety issue potential.

49 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Might be a good time to take a refresher course on the U.S. Constitution and it’s pretty obvious you didn’t watch the entire clip if that’s your take on this video. 

The video journalist shows lots of composure. I find it laudible he takes an interest in govermental affairs. 

He said "I don't know what the big deal is, there's cameras all over this building." That footage is available to the public through FOIL he said.

And the Capt. lied when she said she saw the videographer enter an office.

I don't see him posing any threat any more than any other member of the public going about their business. He was being harrassed. Except by Ms. Sorkin. She was A+.

Question: Is it Officer Right or Officer Rite? 

btw, this short documentary has 176,217 views and 12,000 likes on youtube.

Can you imagine if Rodney Dangerfield filmed this? Talk about getting no respect.

7 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Do you go shopping?

Do you fill up your car's gas tank?

Do you drive anywhere?

Everything you do can turn into a safety issue.

Politicians have reduced or eliminated bail.  That is the real safety issue.

Besides, aren't the people entering the building checked for weapons? 

I remember when the mayor had his office remodeled...there was some kind of smoke issue and city hall was closed for a couple of weeks I think. Paint, flooring, I think some cabinetry. It  wasn't expensive and the furnishings were the same. Nice we take care of our things. It's a nice space. I'm glad the gentleman was impressed.

I'm pretty sure I just said this on another thread...you people have the world by the balls. You have nice jobs with nice salaries and benefits and this how you behave? All you had to do was stand up straight and go about your business like a professional. You needed to politely introduce yourself, offer to shake hands and WITH A SMILE say WELCOME TO OUR CITY HALL!

It's just not that hard to make friends. 

"their private faces"

I say this in the nicest and most respectful possible way:

Sutliff is an extremely stupid cunt and should be terminated from public employment immediately before she causes an expensive lawsuit.

Public servants who don't want to be servants to the public don't need to be there, and have every right - and responsibility - to resign and find a job in the private sector. It's not a welfare program for unemployable scums who want to sit by themselves with no accountability to their employers until their pension kicks in.

25 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

"their private faces"

I say this in the nicest and most respectful possible way:

Sutliff is an extremely stupid cunt and should be terminated from public employment immediately before she causes an expensive lawsuit.

Public servants who don't want to be servants to the public don't need to be there, and have every right - and responsibility - to resign and find a job in the private sector. It's not a welfare program for unemployable scums who want to sit by themselves with no accountability to their employers until their pension kicks in.

agree!

Sutliff doesn't know the law, or does know the law, and only tried to intimidate the film maker.  Her intimidation may work with 99% of the public, but when someone knows their rights, and states them, she looks like a complete moron.  If this is how she routinely conducts herself, members of the public should not have confidence in the BPD and their scare tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Let's Go Brandon said:

agree!

Sutliff doesn't know the law, or does know the law, and only tried to intimidate the film maker.  Her intimidation may work with 99% of the public, but when someone knows their rights, and states them, she looks like a complete moron.  If this is how she routinely conducts herself, members of the public should not have confidence in the BPD and their scare tactics. 

I think she's genuinely ignorant, but thought she could just bluster her way through it with veiled threats. Referring to basic law as "all this gobbledygook BS" while hinting at imaginary laws isn't great.

I also agree with Back the Blue above about the court officer. I don't know about a suspension, but there should be discipline for being passive-aggressive with the public.

One other thing:

All those weird accusations that he's somehow interfering with their work by standing there and "becoming uncooperative" by refusing to talk to her about it? His response that she's trying to be the "feelings police"?

Those are exactly why the language in the so-called "Annoy the Police" law is unconstitutional on its face. You just watched a captain leveling exactly the kind of gibberish allegations that it was written to make arrestable, showing where an actual local police captain imagines the threshold is for their idea of "interfering" with their work. She is absolutely a danger to the taxpayer.

He is also correct that if there is any sensitive information that is legally protected in those offices, it's the duty of the employees to keep it out of sight, not his to avoid seeing it by walking around in public spaces.

Ok, so feeling slightly chastised, I started again.

Won’t let that happen again.

This time I made it until just under 12 min, and couldn’t stand the aggravation any longer.

And they know they’re being annoying, which is why they do it.

That ‘videographer’ is a total douchebag, and I still think someone wandering around ‘filming’ is a safety issue.

10 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Ok, so feeling slightly chastised, I started again.

Won’t let that happen again.

This time I made it until just under 12 min, and couldn’t stand the aggravation any longer.

That ‘videographer’ is a total douchebag, and I still think someone wandering around ‘filming’ is a safety issue.

So are the people who enter the City Office Building checked for weapons?

26 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

"Hello sir, I've received a complaint that you're harassing people. Why are you here?"

"I'm an independent journalist filming for a story." 

"OK, did you enter someone's office and have an argument with them?"

"No. I was in the area outside his office and he approached me."

"OK, if we determine that you're trespassing in non-public areas or harassing people, we're going to have an issue. Just stay in the public areas and don't get in the way of people working. I'll let security know you're here and why you're filming to avoid any misunderstandings. Have a nice day."

That's it. That's the whole legitimate encounter. Everything else was just her perpetuating the problem.

The sole purpose of the rest of that was to annoy him, either to intimidate him out of Constitutionally-protected behavior or to manufacture a confrontation so they'd have an excuse to arrest him. I agree that he's grating, but that's everyone's right. He is the secondary douchebag in this video, versus the one who costs me money when she screws up at work.

As for the "safety issue", it's a public space. That's the job, whether it's City Hall or Wal-Mart. Everybody is free to go work somewhere else. It's not like there's a shortage of job openings right now.

17 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

"Hello sir, I've received a complaint that you're harassing people. Why are you here?"

"I'm an independent journalist filming for a story." 

"OK, did you enter someone's office and have an argument with them?"

"No. I was in the area outside his office and he approached me."

"OK, if we determine that you're trespassing in non-public areas or harassing people, we're going to have an issue. Just stay in the public areas and don't get in the way of people working. I'll let security know you're here and why you're filming to avoid any misunderstandings. Have a nice day."

That's it. That's the whole legitimate encounter. Everything else was just her perpetuating the problem.

The sole purpose of the rest of that was to annoy him, either to intimidate him out of Constitutionally-protected behavior or to manufacture a confrontation so they'd have an excuse to arrest him. I agree that he's grating, but that's everyone's right. He is the secondary douchebag in this video, versus the one who costs me money when she screws up at work.

As for the "safety issue", it's a public space. That's the job, whether it's City Hall or Wal-Mart. Everybody is free to go work somewhere else. It's not like there's a shortage of job openings right now.

And I’m disagreeing.