Local drag queen puts Binghamton on the map

Endwellian

I just caught a featured news story on the WBNG 5:00 PM news on a local drag queen, who will be on "RuPaul's Drag Race" on VH1. Jasmine Kennedie is the stage name of Kyle Koritkowski.  He went to Maine Endwell high school, and says his first drag experience was at the Endwell fire station.  I wasn't aware the Endwell fire station was a hotbed of drag activity. 

https://rupaulsdragrace.fandom.com/wiki/Jasmine_Kennedie

I'm socially liberal, and support gay rights, but the drag queen culture isn't something I support. 

58 minutes ago, just another guest said:

Total misuse of tax dollars. What other kind of perverted parties are they having at Endwell Fire?

CC36BF96-3997-4423-B693-42B2C3A1064D.jpeg

There are a lot of things I will accept regarding sex and gender. But not the idea of wanting to use to pronoun "they."

"They" means plural.

PERIOD.

So unless you are suffering from multiple personalities, please — stop it. Just stop it!

Find some other word, or make one up if you need to.

Just make sure it is singular.

There is also a lack of consistency in that community too. Insisting on the use of "they" and "theirs" as their preferred pronouns, but using "I" when talking about themselves (as in the WBNG article). Shouldn't it be "we" to maintain consistency?

The full article on the WBNG website also uses "she" — isn't that offensive?

But logic never did have a place in the Woke universe.

1 hour ago, suefromupstate said:

Drag queens don't bother me.  Whatever makes them happy is fine with me.  But I think there is an issue with these secret drag parties happening at a fire station.  I'd like some clarification from Endwell Fire. 

If you read the WBNG article, it appears that this was a neighborhood Halloween party. He just happened to go in drag, thus starting him on his career path.

So it doesn't appear that there are any "Drag Queen Fire Drills" in the area.

On a side note, back in the late '90s (if I have the date right), my wife and I went out for dinner at Drover's Inn, or whatever it might have been called in its later incarnation.

When we were done and leaving, we heard something going on upstairs, so we went up to check it out. Turns out it was a regular performance there of a group of drag entertainers.

We could observe a bit without paying, and were there long enough to see someone trying to emulate Madonna — wearing an outfit that the singer was featuring at the time (I think it was from her Blonde Ambition tour, judging from a quick web search of images).

Anyway, this outfit featured an extensively bare midriff.

The problem was — the performer was probably 25-30 pounds overweight, and the obvious male beer belly was not a pretty sight.

I saw a quote somewhere once that said that drag performers deep down actually hate women, and their performances are not really meant to celebrate women but to mock and ridicule them.

I'll leave you to decide the accuracy of that statement.

2 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

Drag queens don't bother me.  Whatever makes them happy is fine with me.  But I think there is an issue with these secret drag parties happening at a fire station.  I'd like some clarification from Endwell Fire. 

Interestingly, John is reporting there is history of this at the Endwell firehouse.