Sexual assault advocate points finger at Korchak’s office

Igor Stravinsky

33 minutes ago, Igor Stravinsky said:

An advocate for sexual assault victims who has worked extensively in the field has taken aim at Mike Korchak and his corrupt office. 

5FBFE0A8-8411-49E0-B283-4F77E4F56FA6.jpeg

A nothing statement.  She gives no examples of the corruption.  If she knows something she should notify the proper authorities and stop posting about it on social media. 

With 9 years at CVAC, 80% of her career was during Mollen and Cornwell.

I don't doubt that she's telling the truth that she saw things get swept under the rug, but it didn't all magically happen on election night. Many of the names involved in these (purported) scandals are people who have been with county or local law enforcement for years. Nobody ever seems to deal with them until they reach a boiling point, and even then.

39 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

With 9 years at CVAC, 80% of her career was during Mollen and Cornwell.

I don't doubt that she's telling the truth that she saw things get swept under the rug, but it didn't all magically happen on election night. Many of the names involved in these (purported) scandals are people who have been with county or local law enforcement for years. Nobody ever seems to deal with them until they reach a boiling point, and even then.

You're taking some liberties here with her statement.  She didn't say reform was needed with any prior DA's office.  She's speaking about the current DA's office.

And she didn't work at CVAC for nine years, she worked in the field for nine years prior to her time at CVAC.

Instead of twisting her words to fit your narrative, you could always reach out to her on Facebook for clarification, even through a fake Facebook account, like "Steve Robertson". 

45 minutes ago, Igor Stravinsky said:

You're taking some liberties here with her statement.  She didn't say reform was needed with any prior DA's office.  She's speaking about the current DA's office.

And she didn't work at CVAC for nine years, she worked in the field for nine years prior to her time at CVAC.

Instead of twisting her words to fit your narrative, you could always reach out to her on Facebook for clarification, even through a fake Facebook account, like "Steve Robertson". 

I misread her nine years remark, that's fair. I don't see a timeline for her work at CVAC. If the situation was so bad over just a single year or so, I'd love to hear the same answers Pete would.

She appears to reference the need for county-wide reform, with the DA's office being the most serious. It's no secret that there are problems in Korchak's office, and it's no secret that there were serious problems under Mollen. I have no idea what to make of the Cornwell allegations.

If you know her and know exactly what she's referencing, feel free to share. It's probably important, but I would not touch that Facebook group with a ten-foot pole with some of the craziness going on in there, nor would I take the time to create a fake account to participate. I'm usually debating whether or not my real one is worth keeping.

I agree with her about Korchak and his office. I’ve been in the medical field in and around Broome County going on 30 years. I’ve been at a number of crime scenes and worked with victims. Things have gotten worse with Korchak, it’s his mentality and lack of leadership and management skills.

Steve Cornwell had programs to deal with substance abuse, addiction, mental health and jobs skills. The programs were developed to help people, get them back to work and off public assistance. And these programs did temporarily halt the revolving door at the jail. Until Korchak was elected. Korchak did away with all of the programs (except drug court, which is a national model, run by the court and funded by the state.)

Korchak was determined to undo everything Cornwell did, because of the 2019 election. Korchak was scheming to present a case to a grand jury that would implicate Paul Battisti, and ruin his election chances. Cornwell wouldn’t let his office or a grand jury be used for political reasons, so the investigation was turned over to the state, and a special prosecutor was assigned. No charges were filed because no crime was committed. But Korchak wasn’t after justice, he was after a bad headline for Battisti, ensuring Korchak would be elected. I’ve seen a text message from Korchak’s campaign to the DA’s office attempting to arrange the indictment of Battisti. 

The bottom line is Korchak is a fraud and needs to be removed from office. This is probably something the FBI will look at years from now. But they take a long time to investigate cases.

8 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

A nothing statement.  She gives no examples of the corruption.  If she knows something she should notify the proper authorities and stop posting about it on social media. 

What's the problem, Pete?  You run your mouth about a lot of people, you should be able to answer a simple question.  Are you a Korchak donor? 

21 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

We are discussing Quinn's post.  I won't let you distract from the topic.

You called it a “nothing statement”. She gave her background and laid out her credentials to speak on the subject. With her background she establishes her credibility. I believe her.

So we need to look at your background and your motives, when you call what she says a “nothing statement.” 

I’ll ask for a third time, are you a Korchak donor?

3 hours ago, Igor Stravinsky said:

You called it a “nothing statement”. She gave her background and laid out her credentials to speak on the subject. With her background she establishes her credibility. I believe her.

So we need to look at your background and your motives, when you call what she says a “nothing statement.” 

I’ll ask for a third time, are you a Korchak donor?

Yes, she gave her background and credentials but that is meaningless to her statement that the DA's office is corrupt.

She states that the DA's office is more corrupt than any other office in the city.  She can not know this unless she has worked in/for every office in the city.

Also, the DA's office is a county office not the city.

9 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Yes, she gave her background and credentials but that is meaningless to her statement that the DA's office is corrupt.

She states that the DA's office is more corrupt than any other office in the city.  She can not know this unless she has worked in/for every office in the city.

Also, the DA's office is a county office not the city.

When you work with victims of sexual assault and trauma, you gain knowledge of all the law enforcement agencies in the community. 

And she is right, the DA’s office is in the city. Binghamton is the seat of county government. If she said the DA’s office was part of city government, she would have been incorrect. But she didn’t. 

Instead of trying to find anything you can to discredit this victim of sexual assault, who has spent her career advocating for other victims, just answer the simple question. Are you a Korchak donor? 

18 hours ago, Clyde said:

I agree with her about Korchak and his office. I’ve been in the medical field in and around Broome County going on 30 years. I’ve been at a number of crime scenes and worked with victims. Things have gotten worse with Korchak, it’s his mentality and lack of leadership and management skills.

Steve Cornwell had programs to deal with substance abuse, addiction, mental health and jobs skills. The programs were developed to help people, get them back to work and off public assistance. And these programs did temporarily halt the revolving door at the jail. Until Korchak was elected. Korchak did away with all of the programs (except drug court, which is a national model, run by the court and funded by the state.)

Korchak was determined to undo everything Cornwell did, because of the 2019 election. Korchak was scheming to present a case to a grand jury that would implicate Paul Battisti, and ruin his election chances. Cornwell wouldn’t let his office or a grand jury be used for political reasons, so the investigation was turned over to the state, and a special prosecutor was assigned. No charges were filed because no crime was committed. But Korchak wasn’t after justice, he was after a bad headline for Battisti, ensuring Korchak would be elected. I’ve seen a text message from Korchak’s campaign to the DA’s office attempting to arrange the indictment of Battisti. 

The bottom line is Korchak is a fraud and needs to be removed from office. This is probably something the FBI will look at years from now. But they take a long time to investigate cases.

Yes, that’s basically the story I got from a very reliable source in the legal community. There was a bitter rivalry between Cornwell and Korchak over the 2019 election. After the primary loss, when Korchak became a Libertarian, he wanted to use the office to run his campaign and Cornwell didn’t allow it.  They weren’t on speaking terms from July through the end of 2019. 

Look at all the attorneys who have quit the DA’s office since Korchak took office. That should tell you something. He is incompetent and the office is imploding.