This is what Upstate ny needs

snowman60

A person that will support upstate. Make NYC  become their own state. Let them battle the BS. Stop taxing upstaters to cover your worthless asses. And stop sending them up here!!!!!

As long as NYC is tied to NY us upstaters will pay the price. But we have so called politicians that say, "We are taking care of you". SHOW me the proof'  IMOP anyone that owns a home and has NO children in the school district ,that is over 65, should not have to pay the burden of paying school taxes. Remember folks...... you DON"T own your property!!! The government  does !! Don't pay your taxes, I dare you. You would lose everything that you worked for!! So...... I suggest you all should rethink your next vote. And i have stated numerous times STOP VOTING PARTY LINES. Use your head for hanging a hat. Time for TERM limits!!! 12 years max. See you Chuckie

I'd vote for that. Or at least put something on the books that, if you "move" here, you don't get any kind of local assistance for 6 months. Unfortunately the local politicians are spineless so that's that. 

Never will happen

Left NYS years ago for this very reason.

Pay over $7500 less in property taxes on property that is assessed higher than the property owned in BingLaDesh.  And guess what, we have schools, roads, fire and police depts, weather is good, no welfare mongers, and guess what NO WORTHLESS PUBLIC UNIONS.  Look at Bingo school dist. for an example, the enrollment is down big time, yet their spending per student keeps going up and the kids can't read or don't even bother going to school, yet they keep taxing you more, and spending more on schools.  Why?  To line the pockets of the unions, that is it.  

Last person i want as a governor, is some politician  from NYC!!! Or within a 100 miles from there. I'm liking Wilson. I don't even no party he is with. But like what is saying We need someone that has possibly  worked for a living and not being a political  offspring. JMHO

2 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Last person i want as a governor, is some politician  from NYC!!! Or within a 100 miles from there. I'm liking Wilson. I don't even no party he is with. But like what is saying We need someone that has possibly  worked for a living and not being a political  offspring. JMHO

I'll admit, I haven't been following this race, but you got me to take a look.

This guy grew up upstate, had a hard-working family, got an Ivy League degree, has some no-joke business and finance experience including work in Washington on manufacturing, managed to secure endorsements from all three of the big downstate papers when he ran for Comptroller, made a decent showing contesting the office. He's got a family and isn't 10,000 years old.

NY GOP might actually have a shot at a highly electable candidate who won't embarrass everybody once he gets into office. Hochul is a terrible candidate and Zeldin is a contender, but the Dems haven't started working the angles yet and a fresh candidate might be better.

4 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

I'll admit, I haven't been following this race, but you got me to take a look.

This guy grew up upstate, had a hard-working family, got an Ivy League degree, has some no-joke business and finance experience including work in Washington on manufacturing, managed to secure endorsements from all three of the big downstate papers when he ran for Comptroller, made a decent showing contesting the office. He's got a family and isn't 10,000 years old.

NY GOP might actually have a shot at a highly electable candidate who won't embarrass everybody once he gets into office. Hochul is a terrible candidate and Zeldin is a contender, but the Dems haven't started working the angles yet and a fresh candidate might be better.

I like Wilson because he grew up in Jamestown NY, which is upstate.. Zeldin is a downstate politician. As you have seen in my current posts, I myself want nothing to do with NYC. Nothing will ever come good out NYC!!! Trust me i know. I worked on a farm where the owner was asked to bring NYC kids to work on a 4h plan.I was 16 and i was on the farm by 5am. Guess what? They were still in bed when we got done milking at 8am. 15 year olds couldn't even pick up a bale of hay. Had no idea what to do. But I guess you get that when you live in the City

On 5/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, ExBinger said:

Left NYS years ago for this very reason.

Pay over $7500 less in property taxes on property that is assessed higher than the property owned in BingLaDesh.  And guess what, we have schools, roads, fire and police depts, weather is good, no welfare mongers, and guess what NO WORTHLESS PUBLIC UNIONS.  Look at Bingo school dist. for an example, the enrollment is down big time, yet their spending per student keeps going up and the kids can't read or don't even bother going to school, yet they keep taxing you more, and spending more on schools.  Why?  To line the pockets of the unions, that is it.  

Where is this utopia that you speak of?

Most NY problems can be resolved with 4 actions;

Re-instate the 2nd Amendment.

More 2legged animal control.

Rid the State of all Democrats in office.

Open all the prisons closed in the State by Democrats, unless they are waiting to fill them with pissed off Americans.