Supply Chain Problems?

JB 2

If there is a supply chain proplems how are so many China grown canned goods getting on the shelves, as well as goods from other countries? 

Flavorless Produce that spoils before it ripens. Tomatoes so hard and "juiceless" they could be used as pool balls (well maybe not a cue ball but the others with a gentle break)

14 hours ago, JB 2 said:

...Flavorless Produce that spoils before it ripens. Tomatoes so hard and "juiceless" they could be used as pool balls (well maybe not a cue ball but the others with a gentle break)..

Not to mention the prices we pay for that stuff these days.

The last 2 days I've been driving some back roads I'd never taken. I bet I've seen a thousand acres of unfarmed land. It looks like they had corn on these fields last year...some still had tall stalks on them. Some were cut back.

I saw more than a few "F$#k Joe Biden" flags.

1 hour ago, JB 2 said:

Do ya think they are purposely keeping Baby Formula off our shelves as revenge against the Mothers that did not kill their Babies.

No. I think they are forcing parents to beg from the government. Kathy Hochul stated if you can't find formula you can try WIC or doctors offices, or hospitals. 

THEY WANT PEOPLE TO BEG.

They may also be pushing the breast feeding agenda. 

2 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Do ya think they are purposely keeping Baby Formula off our shelves as revenge against the Mothers that did not kill their Babies.

The baby formula was sent down to the border for the illegal aliens.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/biden-regime-shipping-pallets-baby-formula-border-facilities-illegal-aliens-american-babies-go-hungry/

3 hours ago, JB 2 said:

If they wanted babies to die, there would be no shortage. The deaths of two and the hospitalization of two others is what closed the plant in the first place.

The plant was filthy. The company had been having contamination incidents and cutting corners on food safety for years, including falsifying reports: 

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2022/03/documents-show-ongoing-problems-at-infant-formula-plant-linked-to-outbreak/

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2022/04/former-employee-blows-whistle-on-baby-formula-production-plant-tied-to-outbreak/

Of course, the time to take action on this was months ago, when it happened. Many American parents already pay triple or more to illegally import European baby formula on the grey market, products that are, by some measures, superior, but not authorized for sale in the United States. Customs and Border Protection spends taxpayer money on raids enforcing it.

https://fee.org/articles/how-government-created-the-baby-formula-shortage-and-a-black-market-for-unapproved-european-imports/

I don't totally agree with FEE's take on deregulation here, but either the White House or Congress could have gotten ahead of this at any time and authorized European imports - at least temporarily - but waited until it was a crisis. The baby formula industry spends money lobbying both against tougher safety regulations and against allowing new competition. Like union rules protecting the dumbest and most dangerous employees from consequences, regulators were captured by the laziest domestic manufacturers - until there were dead babies and  Abbott couldn't pretend they didn't know about the problems at their plant anymore.

6 hours ago, JB 2 said:

I may be old school - but I thought mothers came with the plumbing to feed their babies.  Have we become such a degerate species of mammals that we cannot suckle our young?  Time to just quit if that is the case and let cats and dogs step up.

2 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

I may be old school - but I thought mothers came with the plumbing to feed their babies.  Have we become such a degerate species of mammals that we cannot suckle our young?  Time to just quit if that is the case and let cats and dogs step up.

I'm old school and i was thinking the same thing. Think about it? The old days did it  right until Technology came into play. My wife breast fed both our kids and they are now in their late 20's. Never bought that fake ass milk.

18 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

This isn't new. There's a percentage of women who can't produce enough milk or the milk is nutritionally deficient, and often don't find out until they've already got a baby on their hands who will literally starve if they don't have an alternative ready.

In the old days, all over the world, people in that situation hired - or owned - wet nurses. That's still how it is in some developing countries where people can't get reliable formula. People started advertising for wet nurses in China after the contamination scare there a few years ago, too.

That, or they started digging a hole. The life expectancy was under 50 in 1900 because of all the dead babies dragging down the average. Something like 15% didn't make it to age 1.

A lot of people turn to formula (or wet nurses) for convenience, but it's also an essential staple because we no longer take it for granted that it's normal to bury children. If your backup plan if breastfeeding fails and there's no formula on the shelves is to ask your neighbors to suckle your young, you must have some unusually friendly neighbors.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, FormerSomeone said:

That particular formula is  goat milk based and must be necessary to health and growth.Look at how healthy all the babies in the Islamic Nations are.

Well good morning everyone. New theory on the formula shortage. So many including government officials are saying to mothers you will have to breast feed until formula becomes available.They are telling mothers do not feed your baby formula you concocted per your mother or grandmother. As I noted above, I thought the goal was to get more mothers to breast feed.

AND, as some of you have noted...all of your children were breast fed. Here's my question...how do you feel about mothers breast feeding in light of the recent information released by Pfizer regarding their vaccines?

I think the government is  having a little experiment at the expense of new mothers and their babies. I don't have the science behind me to back up that statement because I haven't had time to read the second set of released data...just a sneaking suspicion. I am going to ask someone who is way smarter than I am. I'll get back to you.  

On a lighter note about the breast feeding situation...let me tell you my story...When the subject came up and I was asked if i was going to breast feed i said, 'OMG no! MY BABY WILL STARVE!" I was pretty flat chested and weighed all of 96 lbs. NOBODY TOLD ME...after i gave birth and was settled in my room about 4 hrs later my boobs grew ten sizes. Here today gone tomorrow because they gave me the shot. 

Trust, since my own daughter is trying to start a family I made sure she understood this. :)  lol

Still, I wonder what the government is up to. 

So I've been referred to this guy...listening now. First things first...the bacteria found in the Abbott facility does NOT MATCH the bacteria found in the sick and dead children.

https://youtu.be/ffuGMROT6gg

Time to get a new computer. I notice a lot lately, my laptop will just shut right down if I'm trying to read something non PC. It blanks right out so I unplug and start over.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, FormerSomeone said:

Also have to think about Mothers who can't or may not feel comfortable bc of health issues. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2014. I had done a lot of research on it being passed in utero or through breast milk and came up short with scientific studies or information BUT tons of info in groups & forums of women trying to figure out their little ones got Lyme so little and convinced it was from nursing them. 

I opted out and chose to use formula bc of the lack of information about Lyme and pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Time to get a new computer. I notice a lot lately, my laptop will just shut right down if I'm trying to read something non PC. It blanks right out so I unplug and start over.

What does end-of-life mean for laptop?

In the parlance of computer software, end-of-life (EOL) refers to any software program that has become outdated and, therefore, no longer supported by the manufacturer.
You can google for EOL date for each model.

So much for my body my choice. How much you want to make a bet formula is going to be by prescription only soon? 

You breast feed unless you have an evidenced medical reason not to.

Bet you anything. 

24 minutes ago, ginger said:

So much for my body my choice. How much you want to make a bet formula is going to be by prescription only soon? 

You breast feed unless you have an evidenced medical reason not to.

Bet you anything. 

Ginger, I don't disagree with you. I think there could be something similar to this is our future. Atleast for the special formulas like Nutramigen (which my son was strictly on) and that was $38 for the small can. Doesn't last long. That was hard for us to find back in 2020 too. So when we we did find it, I would have to buy atleast 3 to 4 to make it through and not run out. I also had to contact our doctor's office twice during the time he was taking formula for help because we could not find any at all in stores. 

I could see it becoming a basic formula only on shelves and prescription based for the rest. Makes life a lot more difficult with little ones that have sensitivity and allergies. 

Because Rachel this government is just hell bent on making everyone's lives difficult...as if being a new mom isn't challenging enough.  

Lol🙂 I'm waking up on the wrong side of the bed today. I'm still mad a thIng of Secret costs $8.00 at CVS. Maybe I should go back to sleep and try again later.