JC Save-A-Lot Closing!

Stray Cat

Are they keeping the Vestal store open? How does the BU expansion impact their operation? Granted, I've never been in that store when it was busy. Pretty much had the store to myself most times.

Value Home in Fredonia shuttered today. I loved that store. I did manage to pick up some things I wanted on clearance, like 2 new trash cans and a 10 inch mini chain saw, something I can handle. Yes I got the Itaska bars for it. 

14 hours ago, ginger said:

Are they keeping the Vestal store open? How does the BU expansion impact their operation? Granted, I've never been in that store when it was busy. Pretty much had the store to myself most times.

Value Home in Fredonia shuttered today. I loved that store. I did manage to pick up some things I wanted on clearance, like 2 new trash cans and a 10 inch mini chain saw, something I can handle. Yes I got the Itaska bars for it. 

Hi Ginger

There is no Save-A-Lot in Vestal. Perhaps you were thinking of the Shop Rite that closed about 5 years ago. I miss that store also.

Omg. SAVE A LOT! 

I thought this was about BIG LOTS!

I actually went to Big Lots by Price Chopper when I got back to town and thought the store looked normal to me. Lol sorry. 🙂

11 hours ago, WolfMan said:

All I can think of is that BU expansion within walking distance of that store took away housing that used to be mostly non-student tenants who did shop there.

I had not been over the west side of town in a long time. Shocking. When Giant was there is was a pretty area. I drove home down Clinton way to Front St. If I wasn't so tired I would have stopped at Mad Hatter. The window looked pretty. Maybe this week. 🙂

I just left CVS. A woman I was chatting with says the mall is shutting down October 9th. and her daughter is at Burlington right now cleaning house at 75% off.

Oh too tired for that! 

42 minutes ago, ginger said:

I just left CVS. A woman I was chatting with says the mall is shutting down October 9th. and her daughter is at Burlington right now cleaning house at 75% off.

Oh too tired for that! 

So I got my second wind. Burlington is a bust. 20 % off. Nothing to see here. 

I did stop at Save a Lot. I'm sorry their little store is closing.  I'm sure it served their neighborhood. I just don't get where all we keep hearing about the SUNY expansion is bringing revitalization. Everything looks horrible to me.  

And then I got depressed thinking about how much fun my friends and I had shopping at the galleria when we were younger...Esprit, Capezzio, Cappagallo, having to go to Hanks to get our cheerleaders  tights and EJ's for saddle shoes.

So I drove all the way to Humdingers for a banana fudge sundae. They close October 2nd.  

HALF OFF HARD ICE CREAM! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...