All 3 Bucci candidates (Rich David, Kate Newcomb & Sophia Resciniti) lost

Gone Fishin

It looks like the big loser of the night was Richard Bucci.  He is filled with hate and jealousy.  All three of his candidates were defeated yesterday.  In a race as close as the NY Senate race, if Rich David disowned Bucci and his childish behavior, and removed Bucci from his campaign, he probably would have picked up the votes he needed to win.

43 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I cannot believe Lea Webb won this race. 

Seriously.

Looks like this district has been gerrymandared. Large parts of Broome County, this race was not even on the ballot. Some other unfamiliar candidates were instead. Here's a couple of cartoonish district 52 boundaries. No wonder the funds for the Visions Arena renovation have been stopped. If this new map is accurate Broome County has basically been screwed out of representaion by Albany.

Before

eQaYJod.jpg

After (appears Ithaca is in this district now)

hT6H1mU.jpg

20 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I cannot believe Lea Webb won this race. 

Seriously.

No doubt, even when crooked Libous was the Senator he would win this district by 20 plus points every yr

Outside the city limits this is a very red district with rural towns that almost always vote R.  

On top of that Webb is a worthless slug that never even lived in the city when she was on city council

Have to believe that just like the Matt Ryan wins, citizen action had buses lined up to drag the welfare mongers to the polls.  

F-ing Ithaca!!! 😠

BINGHAMTON, NY (WIVT/WBGH) – Another close race in our area is the one for the newly drawn 52nd State Senate seat and in this one, it’s the Democrat with the slim lead.

According to the State Board of Election, Democrat Lea Webb is leading Republican Rich David by 1,455 votes.

David, the former Mayor of Binghamton carried the western portion of Broome County by 10,000 votes and won Cortland County as well.

But, Webb, the former Binghamton Councilwoman, crushed David in Tompkins County by more than 14,000 votes.

Neither have issued statements to the media about the results and David has yet to formally concede.

https://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/your-local-elections/webb-has-slight-lead-over-david-in-senate-race/

Broome County has been gutted by this newly drawn District 52 by "progressives". Is this why Akshar stepped down from his Senate position? Why funds for the Visions Arena have dried up?  Who the hell represents the rest of Broome County in the NY Senate? David would have crushed Webb if Broome County was left whole. Tomkins County and Cortland County are whole but Broome County is dismembered. The big loser is not Bucci, it's Broome County.

fgi9VrE.jpg

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Broome County has been gutted by this newly drawn District 52 by "progressives". Is this why Akshar stepped down from his Senate position? Why funds for the Visions Arena have dried up?  Who the hell represents the rest of Broome County in the NY Senate? David would have crushed Webb if Broome County was left whole. Tomkins County and Cortland County are whole but Broome County is dismembered. The big loser is not Bucci, it's Broome County.

fgi9VrE.jpg

Didn't realize they gerrymandered the district to include the Ithaca area, gonna be tough sledding for any R to win that seat.  

44 minutes ago, Chevy K10 said:

If he did as well as Akshar in Broome County he would have won.  Screw Ithaca, we all knew that wasn't going to happen.  He should have concentrated on the parts of Broome County in the district more.

Keep in mind Akshar had all of Broome County, David did not. Eastern Broome (which is heavily Republican) is part of a neighboring Senate District that Peter Oberacker will represent.

2 hours ago, Factchecker said:

Keep in mind Akshar had all of Broome County, David did not. Eastern Broome (which is heavily Republican) is part of a neighboring Senate District that Peter Oberacker will represent.

Funny how Emily jablon ranted online for everyone to vote for rich David so she can file a complaint with the senate ethics committee, now that rich is unelected what is she going to do? Manifest with drugs and happy thoughts? Lol her candidate Carolyn price failed hard and Scott baker was re-elected lol

16 hours ago, Factchecker said:

Also the old senate district used to consist of all of Chenango and Tioga counties, both heavily R, and both no longer in the new district. 

What is it with that one square next to Nanticoke they carved out of the district. Looks odd, lol. Maybe eastern BC is blessed not to be in this creatively designed woke district. Time will tell but the new district is odd, splitting BC. What affect do these Senators really have on their districts? I really don't know.

fgi9VrE.jpg

I voted for Rich David.  I spoke with someone very involved in his campaign. I asked, "you knew Ithaca was going to be a problem, what happened?"

They responded, "BUCCI!". 

I'm not trying to make this a debate about January 6th, and Donald Trump, but their exact words to me were, "We knew what we were doing, we had a plan.  But every time we tried to do something Bucci was belligerent, like Trump on January 6th, trying to grab the limousine steering wheel from the secret service." 

They continued, "Bucci thought he knew everything, alienated many people, pissed many people off, and he would make demands, but he was never around to do any of the work."

1 hour ago, Clyde said:

I voted for Rich David.  I spoke with someone very involved in his campaign. I asked, "you knew Ithaca was going to be a problem, what happened?"

They responded, "BUCCI!". 

I'm not trying to make this a debate about January 6th, and Donald Trump, but their exact words to me were, "We knew what we were doing, we had a plan.  But every time we tried to do something Bucci was belligerent, like Trump on January 6th, trying to grab the limousine steering wheel from the secret service." 

They continued, "Bucci thought he knew everything, alienated many people, pissed many people off, and he would make demands, but he was never around to do any of the work."

He must have really long arms or a very short limousine.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, ExBinger said:

Didn't realize they gerrymandered the district to include the Ithaca area, gonna be tough sledding for any R to win that seat.  

Yep.  It contains four large universities and a bunch of smaller colleges, and they tend to run liberal/democrat; and they also tend to vote because they are young, recently able to, and not yet disenfranchised with the political slime pit.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, Factchecker said:

You are right that eastern Broome is more Republican, and it would have helped.  But if Rich David worked as hard as Fred Akshar did in northern Broome, Chenango, Vestal and the urban core, he could have won. Rich David should have been knocking on doors every day.  I heard he knocked on very few doors.