Oh the weather outside is frightful...

ginger

The federal government sent 1,000 generators to central NY. Out west there were 5,000 power outages. 

The wind has been gusting since I woke up at 2am. I really don't see how Kathy Hochul thinks it's safe or practical for everybody to switch to electric heating and appliances. Did you know she wants to do away with propane gas grills as well?

Check in with you later. Have a good morning.

1 hour ago, ginger said:

I really don't see how Kathy Hochul thinks it's safe or practical for everybody to switch to electric heating and appliances. Did you know she wants to do away with propane gas?

While $3 trillion + in natural gas sits under our feet, and the state is broke.

New York voters just wound up and punched themselves right in the face electing that little weirdo governor.

I thought we weren't supposed to get anymore snow. Just looking at the US radar..that snow looks like it's spinning right back at us.

Eek..anyone see that 100 vehicle pile up in, I think Erie PA? It's Erie or on the Ohio border. Terrifying with the winds and temps.

I also saw the entirety of Erie County NY is shut down.

3 hours ago, ginger said:

I thought we weren't supposed to get anymore snow. Just looking at the US radar..that snow looks like it's spinning right back at us.

Eek..anyone see that 100 vehicle pile up in, I think Erie PA? It's Erie or on the Ohio border. Terrifying with the winds and temps.

I also saw the entirety of Erie County NY is shut down.

Gov. Hochul: 'I'm sending in the National Guard'

She emphasized the incredible impact the blizzard conditions are having on the Buffalo metro area and northtowns. 

Hochul is also aware of stranded motorists on highways across the region, in particular along the New York State Thruway, which remains closed as of Saturday morning. "We do have a situation where right now we have search and rescue for 20 vehicles."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-hochul-im-sending-in-the-national-guard/ar-AA15CYrh?li=BBnbfcL

23 hours ago, thomas said:

Fracking will not get anyone a lot of votes. imo. There is gas drilling in NY btw. Thousands of wells produce gas. Just can't frack.

$3 trillion + in gas sits unused under the ground, because of the state moratorium.

Lifting the moratorium and getting the gas will get much needed money in people’s pockets, especially older people in rural and agricultural areas. It will get money in the state’s near empty coffers.

Most importantly, such wealth creation will help get the state out of the decades long rut in which it’s been, and maybe stem the tide of 10,000 people leaving NY for good every month.

But no, New York voters are so above all of that they elected a mini-weirdo, who thinks stopping people from grilling out is more important.

20 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

$3 trillion + in gas sits unused under the ground, because of the state moratorium.

Lifting the moratorium and getting the gas will get much needed money in people’s pockets, especially older people in rural and agricultural areas. It will get money in the state’s near empty coffers.

Most importantly, such wealth creation will help get the state out of the decades long rut in which it’s been, and maybe stem the tide of 10,000 people leaving NY for good every month.

But no, New York voters are so above all of that they elected a mini-weirdo, who thinks stopping people from grilling out is more important.

Well she says she's building underground transmission lines from hydroelectric in CANADA down to NYC.

In the meantime,  22 New Yorkers  are dead. No idea how many more in stranded vehicles that plows and emergency vehicles couldn't get to due to poor visibility and 5 feet of snow.

There was a fire on a side street that hadn't been plowed. Water had come in through the roof and started an electrical fire. Somehow the family was able to knock it down themselves. 

I saw she's asking ConEd and RPG customers to lower their thermostats.. in below zero temps. And there are numerous power outages in Canada. Not sure how that would affect NYC when that comes to fruition.

14 hours ago, WolfMan said:

It’s so cold…

you could rob me with a bucket of water right now!

Well Hi YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! 😘

Indian Point Energy Center (I.P.E.C.) is a three-unit carbon free nuclear power plant station located in Buchanan, just south of Peekskill, in Westchester County, New York. It sits on the east bank of the Hudson River, about 36 miles (58 km) north of Midtown Manhattan. The carbon free facility has permanently ceased power operations as of April 30, 2021. Before its closure, the station's two carbon free operating reactors generated about 2,000 megawatts (MWe) of electrical power, about 25% of New York City's usage.

Cuomo pulled the plug.