Prediction: Binghamton, Corning, Elmira and Ithaca newspapers will 100% merge in 2023

WolfMan

With the massive cuts by Gannett and seeing what has happened to Gannett newspapers around the nation I figure they will become one. One printed for the region, one online for the region, something like The Southern Tier Press. It’s inevitable as online versions take over. They’ve already merged many parts of their papers. 

Anyone think the same? 

• WolfMan changed the title to Prediction: Binghamton, Corning, Elmira and Ithaca newspapers will 100% merge in 2023

It's like the PSB has given up.  They aren't even trying anymore.  I just looked at the online obituaries.  Friday's are still the most recent ones posted!

The lead story, on the Eyesore program is dated 12/21.

The "front page" still shows a story about a school superintendent driving a bus d/t driver shortages.  That story was posted on 12/7.

It's very sad to see this happen.

On 12/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Kaz said:

Not surprising. Ever since the media became the mouthpiece for a certain political party they paved their own road to self-destruction. Good riddance.

Accurate, but even so, good riddance is a tough phrase in this circumstance.

The PS&B’s demise leaves Bob Joseph and Jim Emke as the last old time local journalists in this area.

9 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

The PS&B’s demise leaves Bob Joseph and Jim Emke as the last old time local journalists in this area.

Good riddance with a capital "G". Our local paper hasn't been readable in over 25 years.

BoB Joseph who sucks at his job and still thinks we should all support local journalism needs to be sent out to the pasture. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Met said:

Good riddance with a capital "G". Our local paper hasn't been readable in over 25 years.

BoB Joseph who sucks at his job and still thinks we should all support local journalism needs to be sent out to the pasture. 

Readability undisputed, but the paper’s downfall not a celebratory event.

Even though some of Bob’s callers like “Vinnie” are insufferable, local journalism should be supported.

17 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

I'll add 1 more to the list, if he ever chooses to return, John Solak. Not a professional journalist but, as I have said before, I would get more news in 1 of his live-streams than a month of watching or listening to anything else the so-called journalists are putting out. Maybe more citizen journalists is the answer to this void.

7 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

Readability undisputed, but the paper’s downfall not a celebratory event.

Even though some of Bob’s callers like “Vinnie” are insufferable, local journalism should be supported.

Put out a product that is worth being supported and I will. Until then no thanks. I'm not supporting local journalism just because it's the righting to do, I will support it if it's worthy of. 

9 hours ago, Kaz said:

I'll add 1 more to the list, if he ever chooses to return, John Solak. Not a professional journalist but, as I have said before, I would get more news in 1 of his live-streams than a month of watching or listening to anything else the so-called journalists are putting out. Maybe more citizen journalists is the answer to this void.

Not much would be better than Solak resuming the regular Friday night live feed.

On 12/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, Mr. Met said:

Put out a product that is worth being supported and I will. Until then no thanks. I'm not supporting local journalism just because it's the righting to do, I will support it if it's worthy of. 

Worthiness should be rewarded. Unworthiness should not. But the destruction of a once well established and reputable institution should not be celebrated, even if it did it to itself, especially when there is nothing to replace it.

20 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Well, I didn't expect this:

https://wnbf.com/binghamton-press-sun-bulletin-printed-new-jersey/

New Jersey???

I saw that too. Our governor keeps tweeting companies want to come to NY, meanwhile the exodus of jobs continues.

20 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Well, I didn't expect this:

https://wnbf.com/binghamton-press-sun-bulletin-printed-new-jersey/

New Jersey???

I saw that too. Our governor keeps tweeting companies want to come to NY, meanwhile the exodus of jobs continues.

19 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Wait until she bans gas heat. Look it up.

I don't have to, I'm totally on top of that legislation. In fact I just tweeted how stupid I think it is to build a microchip factory the size of 4 football fields in Syracuse and have it heated with electricity. I'm shocked any company that wanted to come here would agree to such a thing.  

19 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Wait until she bans gas heat. Look it up.

I don't have to, I'm totally on top of that legislation. In fact I just tweeted how stupid I think it is to build a microchip factory the size of 4 football fields in Syracuse and have it heated with electricity. I'm shocked any company that wanted to come here would agree to such a thing.  

5 hours ago, ginger said:

They are likely seeking big tax concessions and state subsidies to pay the outrageous costs. So, mom and pop will be compelled to pay a giganic corporate electric biil, among other things.

Meanwhile, the governor has backyard gas grilling, and indoor gas ovens in her weird little sights. No fun or family allowed.

16 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

They are likely seeking big tax concessions and state subsidies to pay the outrageous costs. So, mom and pop will be compelled to pay a giganic corporate electric biil, among other things.

Meanwhile, the governor has backyard gas grilling, and indoor gas ovens in her weird little sights. No fun or family allowed.

I’m old enough to remember when natural gas was considered clean energy. Are there no adults in Albany?