ATTN FIRST WARD RESIDENTS!

QueenB

The City of Binghamton has recieved an application for a special permit to use 15 Charles Street as a homeless shelter in the basement level and for ACBC on the upper floors. 

They never notified residents of this. There is a single sign posted that I cannot attach for some reason. 

The special meeting is tomorrow at 5:20 in city council chambers. 

This would put the homeless shelter less than a mile from first ward park, and less than two miles from Woodrow Wilson Elementary school. The first ward has become very populated with children and younger families moving to the area. If approved, this would also lower property values. Many residents do not feel that this is an appropriate location for this, although it is needed somewhere, 15 Charles Street is not it. 

Please pass this information along for first ward residents and business owners. Many are unaware of what is happening. 

AF0643EF-C55D-4B80-B5D0-DE2230B726F3.jpeg

They didn't want to hear from the public.  The public hearing was advertised for 5:20pm, but then when the agenda came out it was listed for 5:55pm. Then it didn't actually start until 6:30pm. It's a very good thing the union hotel sent Adam and not Andy Kipp.  Andy is a huge asshole and no one likes him.

We all were there. I contacted Adam, who contacted Kovaricks and other neighbors to oppose. We did not know about this meeting until the day before! We will continue to oppose this until the cows come home. Not in my backyard.