SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

Coach Haskell hasn't proven a thing to anyone that he has any idea how to coach. I was on a 4-5 and 2-7 team with this clown and feel it's about time he steps down. Anybody else agree?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest13

You can't spell. You insult your own intelligence. Perhaps a better commitment from the 11th and 12th graders during the offseason would have improved your record...

You can't spell. You insult your own intelligence. Perhaps a better commitment from the 11th and 12th graders during the offseason would have improved your record...

Anyone else agree with me besides this dork?

Oh yeah almost forgot, I heard about the little petition all the parents came up with to try and get rid of Haskell, so don't try sticking up for him now buddy, because you're guilty for not sticking up for him while this was happening. At least I'm truthful and can express my opinion, rather than being nice to someone to their face and then stabbing them in the back. It's also unfair to say all the 11th and 12th graders didn't give effort in the offseason because thats totally untrue. Get a reality check <_<

Clearly not enough kids showed up to make SV bigger, faster and stronger. Schools the size of SV can't win a lot of games unless the kids make a commitment to off season work, doesn't matter who the coach is. SV parents want the kids to win a lot of games but they don't want to sacrifice the time and effort. As it is, SV is winning several games a year, consistently, that isn't a bad thing.

Clearly not enough kids showed up to make SV bigger, faster and stronger. Schools the size of SV can't win a lot of games unless the kids make a commitment to off season work, doesn't matter who the coach is. SV parents want the kids to win a lot of games but they don't want to sacrifice the time and effort. As it is, SV is winning several games a year, consistently, that isn't a bad thing.

Don't change the subject

Guest guest13

Parent petition huh? there are too many chiefs and not enough indians at SV. The parents sending around the petition think they probably know what they are talking about, but my son indicates that there were only 5-6 Varsity players who showed up during the offseason last year. Nothing will change the success rate until the players commit to the sport. I'm a supporter of any coach who is trying to coach a team, and can understand the frustrations of wanting to win more than the players do.

Parent petition huh? there are too many chiefs and not enough indians at SV. The parents sending around the petition think they probably know what they are talking about, but my son indicates that there were only 5-6 Varsity players who showed up during the offseason last year. Nothing will change the success rate until the players commit to the sport. I'm a supporter of any coach who is trying to coach a team, and can understand the frustrations of wanting to win more than the players do.

alright, i played JV last year and ray haskell is a great guy and i like him a lot but he is not a good leader. when he makes speeches he says the wrong things. for example, he told the players last year that with a little more effort they could maybe wine 3 or 4 games next year. ok, let's try for a winning season maybe not 3 or 4 games coach. anyway, a lot of players have memberships to either planet fitness or court jester and work out on their own, with better equipment than there is at the school. i guess that this causes divisions between players who come work with the team and players who work on their own. but it is hard to juggle school and another sport and weightlifting. all in all here's my opinion, ray is a good coach but i don't know if he is necessarily fit for HC. steve was a great HC on JV and was very motivational even with a young team with only 5 or 6 returners. and yes sometimes parents get in over their heads and they should neevr take it out on a coach but a new look at things is the best sometimes.

The players don't show up. Why? Isn't that part of the head coaches job, to make the players want to show up? Other sports at SV have players consistently showing up for the off season, but the again so do the head coaches. This sport cost the tax payers a lot of money and it's embarrassing to be everyones home coming game. Ciach Haskell imay be one of the finest human beings there is. Does that make him a good coach? Time for a change.

Coach Haskell cannot coach a team even if he tried hes just involved with every thing in that school because of his children and he doesnt deserve to be the head coach being an assistant wouldnt be too bad for him.

Guest saberguy
The players don't show up. Why? Isn't that part of the head coaches job, to make the players want to show up? Other sports at SV have players consistently showing up for the off season, but the again so do the head coaches.

SV lacks many things to be good, they have virtually no size in the school right now, hell if Stalker hadn't ended up there the basketball team would have had no real big guy. The coach ran off season sessions and most kids were working or could care less about the game. He's tried to motivate and finally with the kids in 10th grade now he's got a motivated group. The last two years worth of seniors at SV were drug riddled, party guys who only played because they thought it made them cool. One of the best players got caught by a board member buying beer at a store, how dumb are you not not see a board member when doing that?

Football is a team sport, it's fine if people want to pay to go to a gym, but they also need to work together as a team.

Weight lifting, a bar, a bench and weights, you don't need more than that. What you do need is gym space and programs to develop quickness and speed, that's what team workout do.

The team concept began to break down during the last Blanchard years. Changing the head coach is not going to improve the situation at SV.

Being moved into the esaier division and with the talented sophmores than SV should make the play-offs. If not should they then make a change? SV is a funny place. They run the schools most successful coach out of town after 5 state championships, then go after his replacement after she wins a state title, but lives with this year after year after year.

Kids not showing up. Drug riddled seniors. Players buying beer in front of Board members. Sounds like a leadership problem to me.

Exactly my point when i said ray is not a good leader earlier. Assistant coach for specific sects of the team like receivers and QB's a little, sure, but not a HC at all. Also, the team has divisions. A football team should be one big family unit. Our team hasn't been in the past years. This year will be better but still not as tight as it should be. On JV we had a fight between two players after school one day and we ended up running for their stupidity. Sounds like a real nice family right? So in conclusion, our problems have a little to do w/ray and a lot to do with players being high school boys

Coach Haskell cannot coach a team even if he tried hes just involved with every thing in that school because of his children and he doesnt deserve to be the head coach being an assistant wouldnt be too bad for him.

exactly, he's only looking out for the future of his kids and screw everyone else.

Football is a team sport, it's fine if people want to pay to go to a gym, but they also need to work together as a team.

Weight lifting, a bar, a bench and weights, you don't need more than that. What you do need is gym space and programs to develop quickness and speed, that's what team workout do.

The team concept began to break down during the last Blanchard years. Changing the head coach is not going to improve the situation at SV.

Besides people not showing up to weightlifting, Haskell tends to play players that don't go to the lifting program which is complete BS. Coach B a few years ago was very fair when it came to players showing up to offseason workouts and this probably sparked more interest for the players to show up to the workouts. With Haskell as the leader kids feel they don't need to show up to the workouts because most will get a free pass to play. Also I don't blame Haskell completely for kids not showing up to workouts, but more of the parents of the kids and especially the kids. Alot of the kids need a fire lit under their a*s to get them going and I blame the parents for spoiling them and not making them earn something.

Being moved into the esaier division and with the talented sophmores than SV should make the play-offs. If not should they then make a change? SV is a funny place. They run the schools most successful coach out of town after 5 state championships, then go after his replacement after she wins a state title, but lives with this year after year after year.

SV never ran Cook out, he quit on his own because of the fact he couldn't believe that his actions got him in trouble for basketball. The parents and players of SV softball had always shown him respect and stood up for him even when his basketball position was in jeopardy. He turned his back on them and left like a spoiled brat child who was told no. As for Cook being run out for basketball, thats going to happen when you get into a fight with your own asst. coaches and parents during games. I love the fact that people say SV chased him, when he left all on his own accord

SV never ran Cook out, he quit on his own because of the fact he couldn't believe that his actions got him in trouble for basketball. The parents and players of SV softball had always shown him respect and stood up for him even when his basketball position was in jeopardy. He turned his back on them and left like a spoiled brat child who was told no. As for Cook being run out for basketball, thats going to happen when you get into a fight with your own asst. coaches and parents during games. I love the fact that people say SV chased him, when he left all on his own accord

Cook is a pussy

SV lacks many things to be good, they have virtually no size in the school right now, hell if Stalker hadn't ended up there the basketball team would have had no real big guy. The coach ran off season sessions and most kids were working or could care less about the game. He's tried to motivate and finally with the kids in 10th grade now he's got a motivated group. The last two years worth of seniors at SV were drug riddled, party guys who only played because they thought it made them cool. One of the best players got caught by a board member buying beer at a store, how dumb are you not not see a board member when doing that?

Do me a favor and quit being afraid and tell me the names of the people that were involved with drugs and all that other BS the past two years (because it's only a handful so don't say everyone was involved :angry: ). Also you're naive if you think some of the kids in tenth grade two years ago don't do the same things the seniors did two years ago. Every school has some kids that are going to cause trouble on sports teams (some are just better at hiding things than others). I'm glad I came across this post because I'm sure you never did anything stupid when you were 15,16,17 :P . Anyhow get a reality check while you're at it and don't talk down on an entire team because you heard about one incident <_<

The players don't show up. Why? Isn't that part of the head coaches job, to make the players want to show up? Other sports at SV have players consistently showing up for the off season, but the again so do the head coaches. This sport cost the tax payers a lot of money and it's embarrassing to be everyones home coming game. Ciach Haskell imay be one of the finest human beings there is. Does that make him a good coach? Time for a change.

Haskell is a hypocrite, just so there's no confusion.

Coach Haskell hasn't proven a thing to anyone that he has any idea how to coach. I was on a 4-5 and 2-7 team with this clown and feel it's about time he steps down. Anybody else agree?

I agree Haskell's a lowlife

SV will win their division next year but lose in the first round.

Coach Haskell has won games every year he coached, not many SV coaches can claim that. He now has the assistant coaches he wants, give him time.

SV will win their division next year but lose in the first round.

Coach Haskell has won games every year he coached, not many SV coaches can claim that. He now has the assistant coaches he wants, give him time.

Coach Haskell has had enough time and hasnt shown anything. I think hes a good guy. But hes had his chance and its time for something new and change needs to happen. SV has not won with him and i don't see him winning in the future. He had 2 9-0 JV teams come up and play for him and went 4-5 and 2-7. Might i add he lost 5 games by less then a touchdown. Just showing that he cannot win when he has talent. Keeping him at SV is a mistake for him and everyone who plays here. You can say the players don't work hard enough but he isnt exactly pushing them. The problems SV has with player divison, lack of work ethic, all comes back to the coaching. A coach should be able to lead his players and push them hard and be dedicated to the program. Haskell seems to me like he rather just be there not to win but just to have a good time win or lose. Doesnt mean it meets parent and player standards but losing seasons will continue at SV if he remains head coach of this School. I have heard Coach of M-E Kevin Wagstaff was once interested in an SV job in the past and is now availible. I have also heard some players from Windsor have considered coming to play here. Whitch can only help the Sabers. Has SV moved into a new division? I don't see them coming close to winning in the division their in. Do you honestly think they have a shot against schools like CV, CF, and windsor? Highly unlikly with coach haskell im sorry to admit.

Archived