SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

Well i thought they were still in the same division as forks, cv and windsor. They had no shot in that division as i said in my previous post. Now that i am aware that they are in an easier division, i have changed my views on their success a little bit. I still think somehow some way Haskell will mess things up this season. He has shown it in his 5 years at SV. winning only 10 games over 5 years and dropping 35. What im trying to say is with SV's talent, then can compete in that division and NOT the previous division they were in. But who knows how Haskell can manage to screw things up. And no i am not a bunghole, but I am gay >_>.

What about playoffs DELETED? Nothing was mentioned about that. It would be quite a shocker if SV wins their division and faces forks the first round and gets their butts kicked :rolleyes: Think about it butt DELETED the first time they would face a real team is in the playoffs and thats if they can beat the JV teams like Dryden and Southern Springs. Where are those places anyway, because I didn't know they even existed?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha thanks for calling me a DELETED? im not tryin to say anything man all i was sayin that in my experience thats how it was it might of been different if your case but either was i think that haskell needs to get outta there because he has had the talent he just hasent been able to produce

do you really think I'd use my real name, cause this ain't Josh.

Guest compelled to reply
I think the whole staff should be redone except for bidwell he is the only one that seems to know what hes doing and is the only one that has the balls to yell at the kids and keep them in line phlans yells but he just isent a good coach

What makes Bidwell stand out from the other coaches, might I ask?

What about playoffs DELETED? Nothing was mentioned about that. It would be quite a shocker if SV wins their division and faces forks the first round and gets their butts kicked :rolleyes: Think about it butt DELETED the first time they would face a real team is in the playoffs and thats if they can beat the JV teams like Dryden and Southern Springs. Where are those places anyway, because I didn't know they even existed?

No i don't think theyd have a shot against forks. I am talking about their division. They have a long way to go before they start worrying about the playoffs and forks. So wel set that aside for now. Id like to see Wagstaff coach this team. I belive he is the kind of coach they need to be competetive and not Ray Haskell. Thats all im really trying to say. Sv has talent, but poor attitudes. Thats where a guy like Wagstaff will come in and hopfully fixed. But im not sure. Players and parents have wanted Haskell gone for awile now. Expecially after the 2005 season when he blew alot of close games with a talented team. That team won 40% of Haskells career wins at SV. Hes 10-35 all time. I think his time his up and they should move on. But yet again its not my call.

No i don't think theyd have a shot against forks. I am talking about their division. They have a long way to go before they start worrying about the playoffs and forks. So wel set that aside for now. Id like to see Wagstaff coach this team. I belive he is the kind of coach they need to be competetive and not Ray Haskell. Thats all im really trying to say. Sv has talent, but poor attitudes. Thats where a guy like Wagstaff will come in and hopfully fixed. But im not sure. Players and parents have wanted Haskell gone for awile now. Expecially after the 2005 season when he blew alot of close games with a talented team. That team won 40% of Haskells career wins at SV. Hes 10-35 all time. I think his time his up and they should move on. But yet again its not my call.

OK I see your point now, but your pretty much still an a$$ munch

Guest Mike White
Coach Haskell hasn't proven a thing to anyone that he has any idea how to coach. I was on a 4-5 and 2-7 team with this clown and feel it's about time he steps down. Anybody else agree?

I agree

I also Know from experience i was on the team a few years ago and he plays the people who are good kids and dont get into trouble and they are good in school dont matter if they have talent or nothe will still play them

Well it can go either way. If theres a good athlete who gets in trouble, n he plays the same position with someone who is 5"5 120lbs n gets good grades and is a nice kid, hes probly going to start the better person because he has no other choice. If both are pretty good athletes but one is a trouble maker, hes going to play the kid who gets better grades in school instead. Very simple.

Coach Haskell hasn't proven a thing to anyone that he has any idea how to coach. I was on a 4-5 and 2-7 team with this clown and feel it's about time he steps down. Anybody else agree?

This forum should be closed because this BS is getting ridiculous.

This forum should be closed because this BS is getting ridiculous.

maybe to the degree of calling him names is BS but there definitely is need for change. it's kinda like coaching, if ur starters suck and r blowing the game u try sum1 else, not like it can go any worse right? so in this case SV just needs to fish around a little and try other ppl cuz the current coach isn't working and if they do take wagstaff, it's not like u can do much worse than 10 wins in 5 seasons

maybe to the degree of calling him names is BS but there definitely is need for change. it's kinda like coaching, if ur starters suck and r blowing the game u try sum1 else, not like it can go any worse right? so in this case SV just needs to fish around a little and try other ppl cuz the current coach isn't working and if they do take wagstaff, it's not like u can do much worse than 10 wins in 5 seasons

This man must be a genius, exactly what iv been trying to say on this forum >_>

Was that serious? If so, I've been agreeing with you the whole time, I'm glad I finally found the right perspective to put it in. There is nothing more painful than watching a coach lose a game and never try a new set of players, just keep his superstars in the whole time. Kids have off nights and when they do, you need to rely on your bench to pick it up, and if they don't then you were losing no matter what right? This is no better to watch. Ray struggles to produce even two wins a season and then doesn't motivate the kids enough. Yet the school still keeps him. Of course, we give him the coaches he wants in hopes of making a quick fix. Hope fails, still nothing. It's high time to try something new. Wagstaff or not, a new look is needed.

Guest Hey Jeff

hey Jeff Bunghole Bunghole Bunghole Bunghole Bunghole bunghole Bunghole Bunghole Bunghole

Was that serious? If so, I've been agreeing with you the whole time, I'm glad I finally found the right perspective to put it in. There is nothing more painful than watching a coach lose a game and never try a new set of players, just keep his superstars in the whole time. Kids have off nights and when they do, you need to rely on your bench to pick it up, and if they don't then you were losing no matter what right? This is no better to watch. Ray struggles to produce even two wins a season and then doesn't motivate the kids enough. Yet the school still keeps him. Of course, we give him the coaches he wants in hopes of making a quick fix. Hope fails, still nothing. It's high time to try something new. Wagstaff or not, a new look is needed.

Yes i was being serious. Your right. Someone new can't possibly make things any worse. Hes no much of a motivator and to be honest he isnt anymore dedicated to the program then the kids are. Football is not the only thing he coaches. And with that said hes commited to more then one sport. Coaching his daughers and his son in pee wee football. Someone told me hes not even at weight lifting meetings consistenly its more the JV coaches like Ford and Nera. I thought before knowing about Wagstaff that Ford might make a good fit on Varsity. Playes college football when he was younger. What did ray do when he was younger? He was a QB during the time where SV couldn't even win a single game. Also showing that he has no clue how to win. Theres a dozen things wrong with this team. But it all comes back to poor leadership of the coach. Hes had his chance, its time for somone new. And if youv ever hear him talk at parent meetings, youd just laugh because of how he talks and so do his players. Hel sit there after a 1-8 season and talk about how wonderful and great everything is and how things couldn't get any better. Gaining no repect from anyone. All around hes just a laid back goofy kinda guy. Nice guy, not a football coach.

And the other coach rick plhanz or however its spelled sleeps during team meetings. Not to mention the man is in horrible shape. Is that the example you want to set for your players? Something needs to be done at this school. Players also add that the coaches frequently get angry at the kids because the players parents yell things from the stands at the coach every game. You just can't unify everyone with this guy. Parents hate him, players don't respect his 10-35 record. Just not a good situation and unless theres a coaching change its going to get worse im afraid.

Yes i was being serious. Your right. Someone new can't possibly make things any worse. Hes no much of a motivator and to be honest he isnt anymore dedicated to the program then the kids are. Football is not the only thing he coaches. And with that said hes commited to more then one sport. Coaching his daughers and his son in pee wee football. Someone told me hes not even at weight lifting meetings consistenly its more the JV coaches like Ford and Nera. I thought before knowing about Wagstaff that Ford might make a good fit on Varsity. Playes college football when he was younger. What did ray do when he was younger? He was a QB during the time where SV couldn't even win a single game. Also showing that he has no clue how to win. Theres a dozen things wrong with this team. But it all comes back to poor leadership of the coach. Hes had his chance, its time for somone new. And if youv ever hear him talk at parent meetings, youd just laugh because of how he talks and so do his players. Hel sit there after a 1-8 season and talk about how wonderful and great everything is and how things couldn't get any better. Gaining no repect from anyone. All around hes just a laid back goofy kinda guy. Nice guy, not a football coach.

And the other coach rick plhanz or however its spelled sleeps during team meetings. Not to mention the man is in horrible shape. Is that the example you want to set for your players? Something needs to be done at this school. Players also add that the coaches frequently get angry at the kids because the players parents yell things from the stands at the coach every game. You just can't unify everyone with this guy. Parents hate him, players don't respect his 10-35 record. Just not a good situation and unless theres a coaching change its going to get worse im afraid.

Mike Ford would be a great varsity HC. I played JV this year and he was a little rough around the edges considering it was his first year and he was not an offensive coordinator the previous year. However, Steve could call plays or whoever we want could call plays besides Ray. There is no rule that says the HC must call the plays. Ford is directed on defense and that is what he should stick to, it's what he played in college so that's where his knowledge is the greatest. And yes he played college and semi-pro and he was a bouncer at flashbacks at one point so you know he is in good shape.

Mike Ford would be a great varsity HC. I played JV this year and he was a little rough around the edges considering it was his first year and he was not an offensive coordinator the previous year. However, Steve could call plays or whoever we want could call plays besides Ray. There is no rule that says the HC must call the plays. Ford is directed on defense and that is what he should stick to, it's what he played in college so that's where his knowledge is the greatest. And yes he played college and semi-pro and he was a bouncer at flashbacks at one point so you know he is in good shape.

Yeah hes rough and thats exactly what varsity needs. This guy knows what hes talking about. But i don't know about a head coach job on varsity for him just yet. He should be put on varsity as a defensive coordinator. Steve haskell should call plays. But ray and plhanz i step should step down. They ran out the only two good coaches on varsity, Papas and Schuster, because they "yelled" to mush or some ridiculous reason. Bring Ford up and have Bidwell, Steve, Ford, and maby someone new or just get a completley new staff because we will never win with Ray Haskell as a head coach.

Yeah hes rough and thats exactly what varsity needs. This guy knows what hes talking about. But i don't know about a head coach job on varsity for him just yet. He should be put on varsity as a defensive coordinator. Steve haskell should call plays. But ray and plhanz i step should step down. They ran out the only two good coaches on varsity, Papas and Schuster, because they "yelled" to mush or some ridiculous reason. Bring Ford up and have Bidwell, Steve, Ford, and maby someone new or just get a completley new staff because we will never win with Ray Haskell as a head coach.

I almost completely agree with you. The only thing i don't agree with is the fact that they did not drive Schuster out. I have no idea about what happened with Pappas, but Schuster had to quit. He was offered a job at RIT i believe before the school year started, so he gave up his long-term sub job at the school. After he did that, RIT turned around and hired another person in the job position he was going to take. By the time he found this out, the school year was almost started and the school had already found a replacement for him as a technology teacher (Nate Jacobs, who also graduated from SV). He then had no job and could not waste time on football because ha needed to work and most jobs do not allow you to leave early for football practice. Schuster otherwise fully planned on staying but he was going to assist Mike Ford anyway because he had worked with the JV team all week at the skills camp.

I almost completely agree with you. The only thing i don't agree with is the fact that they did not drive Schuster out. I have no idea about what happened with Pappas, but Schuster had to quit. He was offered a job at RIT i believe before the school year started, so he gave up his long-term sub job at the school. After he did that, RIT turned around and hired another person in the job position he was going to take. By the time he found this out, the school year was almost started and the school had already found a replacement for him as a technology teacher (Nate Jacobs, who also graduated from SV). He then had no job and could not waste time on football because ha needed to work and most jobs do not allow you to leave early for football practice. Schuster otherwise fully planned on staying but he was going to assist Mike Ford anyway because he had worked with the JV team all week at the skills camp.

Is that what happend to schuster? I just figured they did because thats what they did to Papas because he swore to much or something and yelled alot. I know they sent schuster down to JV. Papas was a good coach from what i heard and i just heard they got rid of him because Ray Haskell thought he was to hard on the kids but id think thats what you would want out of a football coach. Its football, its a violent sport it isn't tiddlywinks. I thought that's why schuster had left but i also heard what you just said and that sounds more legit. Papas was gone im pretty sure for swearing and screaming at the games. And when Papas and schuster coached together they were mostly on the same page. Haskell and Plhanz had their coaching style of being laid back and passive about things. Schuster and papas were more aggresive and would work the kids harder. Thats why i thought Schuster was run out along with Papas.

Is that what happend to schuster? I just figured they did because thats what they did to Papas because he swore to much or something and yelled alot. I know they sent schuster down to JV. Papas was a good coach from what i heard and i just heard they got rid of him because Ray Haskell thought he was to hard on the kids but id think thats what you would want out of a football coach. Its football, its a violent sport it isn't tiddlywinks. I thought that's why schuster had left but i also heard what you just said and that sounds more legit. Papas was gone im pretty sure for swearing and screaming at the games. And when Papas and schuster coached together they were mostly on the same page. Haskell and Plhanz had their coaching style of being laid back and passive about things. Schuster and papas were more aggresive and would work the kids harder. Thats why i thought Schuster was run out along with Papas.

Yep. I was too young to know how Pappas coached but i did know that he swore a lot which probably deeply hurt Ray. I do know however that all of the varsity boys older than me loved Pappas and thought he was the greatest. And I especially liked Schuster, I had him as a teacher last year as well. And yes a lot of the varsity players I talked to said they would much rather have a practice that was very disciplined like our JV practices rather than the laid back varsity practices. They practiced with only helmets on at least one day a week but Mondays they also did not go out at all. So that's maybe 3 full practices a week? A lot of the time our JV coaches had to yell at the varsity players for acting like clowns at the beginning of the practices before the coaches got out. So yes, discipline is what you would expect and unfortunately there was not much of that this year.

Archived