SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

Guest Non-Coach, EX player
I disagree when you say that Sv has little athletic talent. Although a 2-7 finish was the result of last years season, they did have some success. They were even with talented teams in the first half of several ball games. I'm sure when you knew Ray in High School, he was a great guy. But you would have to play for him to truly understand his style and how it just doesn't fit in with this school. Hes had time, not proven he can do it, and it's time for a change. You can't sit there and blame the kids, everything the players do it revolves around the coach. Forks didn't have much of a size advantage over teams this year unlike previous years when they were monsters. That school and district just knows how to win ball games and Kelsey Greene

has taken a huge part in that. Coaching means a lot, and Ray Haskell has not won anyone over with his record or any of the teams he has coached. He had two 9-0 JV teams play for him, but produced nothing. You can't say that he hasn't had talent because he has. Steve Haskell has proven a lot more as a JV coach then Ray has in his entire career. Ray Haskell just isn't going to unite this team. We can sit here and point fingers at who to blame all we want but ill tell you one thing at Sv, you have the parents who despise Ray Haskell. You also have the players and ex players who strongly dislike Ray and like Steve a

lot more. Ray at least i think believes that his players like him, but in reality his players have absolutely no respect for him or his goofy unsure remarks. If you have ever heard the man talk, hes funny and very nice. Does anyone know of any funny nice laid back coaches who have ever shaped a program together? Cood guy, not a football coach. SV has nothing to lose by making a coaching change.

Bring back hard nosed Pappas or Lolli :D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest talentless
lol

Last thing parents will ever admit that there kids are not very good. problem is that those good jv teams never got any bigger or better.

If blanchard cant win there the talent pool is poor.

Guest Pappas or Schuster?
Last thing parents will ever admit that there kids are not very good. problem is that those good jv teams never got any bigger or better.

If blanchard cant win there the talent pool is poor.

This sounds like a Schuster or Pappas post :blink::huh::D

Guest Guest

JUD did win @ SV - allot ! His teams were in the playoffs nearly every year up until the last 2 or 3.

Trivia - who was the last team to win a Section IV Class B Football championship besides the Forks.

SV in 2000 (with Jud) ...

Guest Guest

Well since the season is closer then you think, heres some advice for all the Haskell haters. Deal with him being the coach, because i don't think hes going anywhere. So instead of sitting here criticizing him, why don't you players stop the complaining, grow up, and be a man and get over it and get in the weight room and stop putting full blame on Ray Haskell for your poor records. I don't think Haskell is a good coach. But when you don't work and blame him for every loss is just pathetic and not going to get you anywhere. You have 2/3 years on varsity, are you going to to spend those years sitting on your ass complaining about how Haskell ruined your years as a football player?, or are you gonna grow up and put the work in during the off season? Because i know for a fact that theirs about 5 or 6 dedicated players working out in the off season. So why don't the rest of you show up? Heres a tip, if you don't show up to weight lifting, then shut your mouths! I don't like Haskell as much as anyone, but im making a point that you can't sit there and complain about him when theres 5 players working hard and your sitting on your can not putting any work. So if your not working during the off season, get your ass in the weight room and man up a little bit. You don't have much time, so make the best of things and unite as a team.

Guest Guest

so there's been a petition going around for a while to oust ray. i hear they have enough to bring it to the board's attention pretty soon. which will be interesting given his sister in law is on the board.

Guest svcheerleader
^^^^^ Says Kevin Wagstaff ^^^^^ **** Kevbo STOP TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!!

Now Mrs. Connelly, why would you give a Not Allowed about SV and their need of a new coach ? I mean are you like stalking wagstaff ? creepy much?

Guest Guest
so there's been a petition going around for a while to oust ray. i hear they have enough to bring it to the board's attention pretty soon. which will be interesting given his sister in law is on the board.

if that happens who the hell do you think will step in ?

Archived