EYFL

Guest guest

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest-footbal-*
What do you think of EYFL's current state of affairs?

Many children were turned away this year from the Endicott Youth Football League due to their unfair and unsafe rules. This year enrollment in EYFL upper division is down significantly and the teams are playing the Vestal youth team due to fewer kids signing up. The only trouble is Vestal doesn’t have the same rules. Knowing this the EYFL board should have come to an equal ground. EYFL has a weight limit of 165# for 7 graders and up. Vestal has no limit, and actually have several players who exceed EYFL’s limit. How is this SAFE or FAIR to the children playing on the EYFL team??

Several coaches and their children went to surrounding communities to play because their child was either to small or to big for their age to play on EYFL. No child should get turned away from their home town because of their size. With all the sports we have today, you would think football would be the one sport to take the big boys the most, not in the EYFL!

Someone needs to take over the board that really knows what football is all about. Maybe they should become a travel team like most of the pee-wee teams around this area. They have consistent weight and age rules which are fair and safe for everyone. How many children have to get hurt or are disappointed before something changes? All leagues are supposed to be fun and a learning experience for the children, not a power play for a few adults.

As for the old concession stand rumor, someone that has put as much time in as "they" did should be able to by themselves a cup of coffee or so when out shopping for the EYFL. If anyone wants proof how petty people are getting down there go to the county clerk and look at the file!!!

Many children were turned away this year from the Endicott Youth Football League due to their unfair and unsafe rules. This year enrollment in EYFL upper division is down significantly and the teams are playing the Vestal youth team due to fewer kids signing up. The only trouble is Vestal doesn’t have the same rules. Knowing this the EYFL board should have come to an equal ground. EYFL has a weight limit of 165# for 7 graders and up. Vestal has no limit, and actually have several players who exceed EYFL’s limit. How is this SAFE or FAIR to the children playing on the EYFL team??

Several coaches and their children went to surrounding communities to play because their child was either to small or to big for their age to play on EYFL. No child should get turned away from their home town because of their size. With all the sports we have today, you would think football would be the one sport to take the big boys the most, not in the EYFL!

Someone needs to take over the board that really knows what football is all about. Maybe they should become a travel team like most of the pee-wee teams around this area. They have consistent weight and age rules which are fair and safe for everyone. How many children have to get hurt or are disappointed before something changes? All leagues are supposed to be fun and a learning experience for the children, not a power play for a few adults.

As for the old concession stand rumor, someone that has put as much time in as "they" did should be able to by themselves a cup of coffee or so when out shopping for the EYFL. If anyone wants proof how petty people are getting down there go to the county clerk and look at the file!!!

It is NO rumor.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...MMUN03/80926005

You want EYFL to change the rules for your son? Most of the people that left this year did so because EYFL didn't let a minority of people change the rules to benefit their personal agendas. They have to concider the entire organization. I have 2 sons that play there & my oldest loves that they're playing the kids from other districts & even w/ the weight requirement,(BTW-that is in place to PROTECT the kids) our teams have been handling them quite well.

I don't even know how to respond to your comment about the concession stand issue....18 counts is a lot more than a cup of coffee & I congratulate EYFL for following up and not just sweeping it under the rug. If you have so many people & ideas, start your own league.

@

Vestal has no limit, Yes they do, if a kid is playing modified he can't weigh over 165.

How is this SAFE or FAIR to the children playing on the EYFL team?? Their hasn't been a problem. You obviosly don't know much about athletes it's not an overweight kid that can't move you have to worry about it's ths kid at 165 playing line backer that can run that is going to knock you out.

The team that Vestal has with some bigger kids got hammered by the EYFL Saints two weeks ago, if size means so much it should have been the other way around. The kid the coach on Saturday was whining about on Saturday not being able to play couldn't have played under the VYFL's rules either.

Vestal has no limit, Yes they do, if a kid is playing modified he can't weigh over 165.

How is this SAFE or FAIR to the children playing on the EYFL team?? Their hasn't been a problem. You obviosly don't know much about athletes it's not an overweight kid that can't move you have to worry about it's ths kid at 165 playing line backer that can run that is going to knock you out.

The team that Vestal has with some bigger kids got hammered by the EYFL Saints two weeks ago, if size means so much it should have been the other way around. The kid the coach on Saturday was whining about on Saturday not being able to play couldn't have played under the VYFL's rules either.

When you go against other schools you need the same rules! EYFL and Vestal don't, bottom line. I know more about football than you ever will and YES, you DO have to worry about my overweight kid from the front line catching any other kid on the field. And buy the way, he was asked twice by Vestal personal to play for Vestal next year, so if they had any kind of weight limit, WHY did they ask him???? Sorry to the Saints for getting HAMMERED by those overweight Vestal kids. Even when you put the best two teams together, they can be beat!!

Do you know the 18 charges totaling less than $225. can be proved to be paid.. ALSO Mr. Matisi donated a $6,ooo. scoreboard and got then a $2,500. shed for free.... If you want to know the TRUTH about who the real accuser, take a trip to the 2 floor of the BC clerks office and look it up. Most important on 10/6/73, 2/9/92. Who shouldn't be dealing with money and kids???

For the most part, all the other coaches teach the kids a lot and everyone has a good time, you just can't get to involved because of the power play!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not Mrs. Brinser,,, and anyway are you afraid of the TRUTH???? Go check the country clerks office for your truths. :D

If you're not Mrs. Brinser then stop pretending to be her. Why would you want to pretend to be someone like her anyway? Yuck!

And buy the way, he was asked twice by Vestal personal to play for Vestal next year, so if they had any kind of weight limit, WHY did they ask him????
Bull if he's playing modified he can't play and I can guarentee you no one on the board or the two upper coaches talked with him.

VESTAL YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2008

APPLICATION TO PLAY FOOTBALL or CHEERLEADING

All participants must be at least 7 years of age on July 26th,2008 and must not be over 13 years of age on July 26th,2008.

Ages 7-13 weight limit is unlimited *Except for 7th & 8th graders playing on a school football team; max weight for school players is 165lbs.

Sorry to the Saints for getting HAMMERED by those overweight Vestal kids
Is your reading comprehension that bad the Saints pounded the VYFL team, not the other way around.

When you go against other schools you need the same rules! EYFL and Vestal don't, bottom line.
If they continue to play they will next season.

I know more about football than you ever will and YES,
I really doubt that.

Do you know the 18 charges totaling less than $225. can be proved to be paid.. ALSO Mr. Matisi donated a $6,ooo. scoreboard and got then a $2,500. shed for free.... If you want to know the TRUTH about who the real accuser, take a trip to the 2 floor of the BC clerks office and look it up. Most important on 10/6/73, 2/9/92. Who shouldn't be dealing with money and kids???

ummm lets see $225.00??? Try more than that ! A $6000.00 scoreboard??? The thing is a piece of junk and he can have it back any time he wants ! A $2500.00 shed??? Donated by an antique engine club !!!

This thread must have been started by that annoying lady that was showing pictures of VYFL players and complaining that her son was not allowed to play because of his weight. The weight rules are there for a reason. Yes Vestal has some big kids on their team, so what? Yes the Saints lost last Saturday, again so what? I don't remember reading in the rule book that it was mandatory for EYFL to win every game. Your son is playing modified anyway, why are you making such a big deal over this? My son has been playing for EYFL for 5 years and absolutely loves it. If you have so many issues with the EYFL, either join the board or shut up and go away.

@

I really, REALLY Hate the comment: " ...either join the board or go away!"

That just proves that this Board thinking is elitist. What they say goes, and nevermind how parents or maybe even a majority of member think?!

Any true organization would LISTEN to it's members. Would you require that every parent join the board, just to be heard - Holy Crap!

They've paid their registration - that makes them MEMBERS! Get that.

I see this way too often in youth org's around here. It's not "what we say goes" You are there to "represent" a general group.

and For God sakes - Quit saying, 'If you don't like it join the board.' The best ideas come from fresh thinking, be it a new parent, casual observer, whatever. Have an open mind and quit bashing people for having an opinion.

This whole site is made on the premis that people will share OPINIONS

I really, REALLY Hate the comment: " ...either join the board or go away!"

That just proves that this Board thinking is elitist. What they say goes, and nevermind how parents or maybe even a majority of member think?!

Any true organization would LISTEN to it's members. Would you require that every parent join the board, just to be heard - Holy Crap!

They've paid their registration - that makes them MEMBERS! Get that.

I see this way too often in youth org's around here. It's not "what we say goes" You are there to "represent" a general group.

and For God sakes - Quit saying, 'If you don't like it join the board.' The best ideas come from fresh thinking, be it a new parent, casual observer, whatever. Have an open mind and quit bashing people for having an opinion.

This whole site is made on the premis that people will share OPINIONS

This has nothing to do with fresh ideas. This is about a bitter woman that can't accept the fact that her son is over the weight limit.

@

• 4 months later...

Get your kid off the video game and take some walks with him and talk about his good points,stop buying him soda and let his have some fun and learn to run his own life a bit . I see this all the time parents trying to live their lives through their kids and using it as a social night in lieu of their "no life" I attended several games and the kids were trying but the parents were bitching in every corner. There was no teamwork or coaching ethics but hey they coach that way and I could not do better with the desire the kids have.the coach has to be energetic and that becomes difficult in a volunteer capacity with parents always bitching. Get your boyfriend to throw the football to him and stop smoking cigs.

HEY!! Did anyone hear the resultes of the "connession lady"? After a two day trial was found innocent!!!!!!!!!!

who did daddy pay off.. she will get her day.. karma is a bxtch... i heard she looked like crap. must be the drugs.. you can say what ever you want.. her time will come. and the whole town knows she is guilty.. looser..

The only crook in the eyfl league is the only one who has a family member do the books with him but then doesnt want to be involved, what had your hand in the cookie jar one two many times carmen, you suck and you will get what you deserve.

The only crook in the eyfl league is the only one who has a family member do the books with him but then doesnt want to be involved, what had your hand in the cookie jar one two many times carmen, you suck and you will get what you deserve.

Carmen is the man responsible for the recent U.E. football dynasty. Carmen started the program with nothing and built it into the feeder system that gives U.E. bigger program numbers then any other school in the area. Thank you Carmen and keep up the good work.

That was a real dynasty.Jordon Thomas came from J.C. Chandler JOnes never played EYFL nor did half of the u.E. starters.If not two thirds. I do not take anything away from the fact that it is nice to have a football program but if you chronicle the people who played in that league,there were very few who stayed with it. What was the logic when Guccia was running it and the program was going down the tubes.Carmen takes credit like Baseball Coach Foli never gave any credit to the youth baseball league. I give all the credit to Coach Hurd for his ability to deal with kids whether he wins or loses. Al that really matters down there at the airport is how many candy bars they sell.All they have to do is count it eery night and it is not a accounting nightmare and list it on a piece of paper that is part of the dailey start up balance. Genius I am?I think not,just a common sense persosn.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest like everyone else
That was a real dynasty.Jordon Thomas came from J.C. Chandler JOnes never played EYFL nor did half of the u.E. starters.If not two thirds. I do not take anything away from the fact that it is nice to have a football program but if you chronicle the people who played in that league,there were very few who stayed with it. What was the logic when Guccia was running it and the program was going down the tubes.Carmen takes credit like Baseball Coach Foli never gave any credit to the youth baseball league. I give all the credit to Coach Hurd for his ability to deal with kids whether he wins or loses. Al that really matters down there at the airport is how many candy bars they sell.All they have to do is count it eery night and it is not a accounting nightmare and list it on a piece of paper that is part of the dailey start up balance. Genius I am?I think not,just a common sense persosn.

Guest Guest

Jeez, Jordan Thomas did play in EYFL!!!! ANd he knew how to spell every(eery) and it is also a known fact that before accounting you would use 'an' and not 'a'. You really are a genius!!! DELETED.

=

• 8 months later...
Guest Guest-JW

You know, I was reading through this and I gotta say that quite a bit of it bother me. I can tell you now that many of the players who were on the Union Endicott varsity football team DID, in fact, play in the EYFL. I should know. I played with most of them personally.

I even played under Carmen. The very same Carmen that you all are complaining about. He was a terrific coach! I will grant that there have been some unsavory people within the EYFL in the past. Carmen and Greg are NOT those people. They are there to help the players learn the fundamentals and have fun.

Archived