what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a small corner store owned by a German Fellow on the corner of Henry called Mr. Wilsons Market. He was a cranky old guy but if you didn't have any money and were salivating over the penny candy cases he would give you a sweet treat then tell you to get the hell out of his store. If it was still there it would be right across from the Mets entrance. Also DiRienzo's Bakery was popular for their REAL HARD ROLLS right out of the ovens. We use to stop after Mass and pick up a dozen hard rolls and would eat them warm with fresh butter.Once the kids took over they added all that crap to the rolls so that the rolls could be sold to the grocery stores and stay fresh longer. Mascierellai Market had the best ravioli in huge jars of liquid we would also buy after Sunday Mass.

There was a small corner store owned by a German Fellow on the corner of Henry called Mr. Wilsons Market. He was a cranky old guy but if you didn't have any money and were salivating over the penny candy cases he would give you a sweet treat then tell you to get the hell out of his store. If it was still there it would be right across from the Mets entrance. Also DiRienzo's Bakery was popular for their REAL HARD ROLLS right out of the ovens. We use to stop after Mass and pick up a dozen hard rolls and would eat them warm with fresh butter.Once the kids took over they added all that crap to the rolls so that the rolls could be sold to the grocery stores and stay fresh longer. Mascierellai Market had the best ravioli in huge jars of liquid we would also buy after Sunday Mass.

Got a job at wilsons store for one day when I was a teenager, worked my butt off and he paid me in candy, I thought my oldman was gonna kick my a$$ when I came home with the bag of candy instead of money.

Archived