HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY 09

Guest FactNotFiction

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High school hockey is to Junior A/B hockey what CYO basketball is to varsity high school basketball. There are some good players but the collective talent is decisively less than in high school hockey and CYO hoops.

I play High School Hockey here and 95% of the kids in the league know that Junior A and B is so much better that its not even funny, nice analogy with CYO vs. High School Basketball though.

I play High School Hockey here and 95% of the kids in the league know that Junior A and B is so much better that its not even funny, nice analogy with CYO vs. High School Basketball though.

Even the kids in the league know that they dont compare to junior teams. You really just cant compare them...There are probably some kids in the High School league that if they wanted to pay the money or wanted to be more serious about hockey could probably make the B team,very few though, but as for A...if your good enough to play A your playing A. Name a high school player from the last three years that was good enough to play Junior A but didnt wanna put up the money...it cant be done.

Even the kids in the league know that they dont compare to junior teams. You really just cant compare them...There are probably some kids in the High School league that if they wanted to pay the money or wanted to be more serious about hockey could probably make the B team,very few though, but as for A...if your good enough to play A your playing A. Name a high school player from the last three years that was good enough to play Junior A but didnt wanna put up the money...it cant be done.

Yes it can be done. But dont like to put kids names on here. If you want to talk about Junior hockey, why dont you start your own thread. If you noticed the thread title it is High School Hockey 09.

The best high school players in the league look really good playing against average high school players. Against junior players who are heads and tails above the high school players these good high school players would do absolutely nothing.

What's this I hear about a junior player that wants to come back to hs? Supposedly it's because his jr team sucks. A month or 2 into the season and people are trying to bail out. More proof of jr greatness. Oh yeah- how many jrs from around here have played D1 or gone pro?

@

Hockey is one of the toughest sports to play division 1 in...there are only 69 division one hockey programs in the country which means there are roughly 1700 division 1 players with a majority of those schools only graduating a handful of seniors a year. This leaves room for a recruitment class of say around 500-700 players year with all the kids from the US and Canada going for those spots. Compare that to basketball which has 300+ teams in division one, football with 120 just in 1A, and baseball with 286 teams, the odds are alot less especailly when you take into account that American players also have to compete with Canadian players whereas in other sports its not as common for canadians to play in college here.

The best high school players in the league look really good playing against average high school players. Against junior players who are heads and tails above the high school players these good high school players would do absolutely nothing.

AGAIN, Start your own thread. Or are you scared that no one will care.

@

why in the world would a Junior A player want to play HS hockey? It would be sad to watch him skate around a 4'11" 100lb freshman. Where is the sportsmanship ? or the challenge ?

Exactly - so tell all those Jr players to stay out of HS hockey. Come in there like big goons cherry pickin and all. A cherry picker is just plain lazy letting his teammates do all the work for him. You teams with cherry pickers, be smart and don't give him the puck. Show them how it is really done.

Guest hockey_man11
I heard he was going D1 to Union.....

no one in this high school league is anywhere close to d-1 caliber. Hell. there may only be 1 or 2 players IF THAT that are even d-3 caliber. I played in this league when i was in high school and now I am in the syracuse area. The hockey isn't even close in comparison just 1 hour north. For example, liverpool (which is a middle of the pack/lower tier team up here) would absolutely crush any team in the broome area, let alone a strong team from this area (probably would put up close to 20 goals).

And as for juniors, whoever said "if you fork over the money, you're on the team" was 100% correct, they are also brutal. Of course they would smoke high school teams and if they somehow lost, that junior team should instantly fold. But as juniors go, binghamton jr sens are just as brutal as this high school league AND they play in the AJ (which is a brutal league in itself)....PATHETIC!

Archived