Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

The guy got booked for DWI, with a BAC of .34 or .33 or very close it. I'm surprised it hasn't hit the press website yet. This is big news.

I am not surprised. It's unfortunate we have such an inadequate news paper in this area. I just looked to see if there was any more information about the accident and there is nothing on pressconnects about it.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I know someone who works at the hospital. He had brain surgery last night. Probably not going to make it. Very severe head injuries.

Also consider that the PSB must verify everything that happened before reporting it, and they don't have the luxury of printing whatever they want to..............

True. They have to work the story, especially in a sensitive thing like this, where unfortunately it does not sound like we may have a positive outcome.

That said, I defend the BC Voice for what it is. We do have the luxury to post the news as we hear it, which most of the time is a positive thing, as it becomes instant news communication.

A business like a newspaper has steps they have to take, both for legal and moral reasons. Thus it takes time to serve us what they do. They can post sports scores in the sports section as soon as they get them, but stories like this, they have to work.

Of course, some might say that they could at least verify that there was a tragic accident and give whatever facts they know at the time, but I am certain there are very good reasons why that has not yet happened either.

Let's not lose sight of the most important thing here, the officer who was injured and his apparent (from what we read here) fight for his life.

Guest Guest

Aldo is a part time officer in Deposit as well. He must be an awful busy man. This was not an accident and should of never had happened, anyone who gets behind the wheel with a .34 deserves everything thats coming to him and I hope DELETED. Our thoughts and prayers are with Aldo and his family.

Guest A Friend

I spent a good 30 minutes with Aldo last night while working his shift at PortDick. We had some great conversation and talked about things that only friends talk about. He is a great guy and If some how you could know that a terrible tragedy was going to happen, I would have spent more time talking with my friend. I grew up in PortDick and lived in the same neighborhood that Aldo patrolled and that Bones grew up in. It was a total shock to wake up to a phone call this morning about what happened and who did it. Pray for Aldo and his family and Friends.

Guest Guest
I spent a good 30 minutes with Aldo last night while working his shift at PortDick. We had some great conversation and talked about things that only friends talk about. He is a great guy and If some how you could know that a terrible tragedy was going to happen, I would have spent more time talking with my friend. I grew up in PortDick and lived in the same neighborhood that Aldo patrolled and that Bones grew up in. It was a total shock to wake up to a phone call this morning about what happened and who did it. Pray for Aldo and his family and Friends.

I knew Aldo also. Good guy.

What is Bones real first name?

Guest Guest

This is sad on both sides. I feel for both families. I pray for Aldo and his family. I also pray for the driver and his family. Yes, driving while intoxicated is wrong. I know the driver and his family feel very bad for what happend. My prayers go out to the Rossi Family and I am praying for Aldo's recovery. This is just a shame for all.

Guest Guest
There is nothing on any of the news stations nor the Press and Sun.

BCVoice proves they are the #1 source 24/7, Seems Press & Sun, WBNG TV and FOX 40 are closed on Sundays!

Guest Guest
BCVoice proves they are the #1 source 24/7, Seems Press & Sun, WBNG TV and FOX 40 are closed on Sundays!

BCVoice has been proven to be the source of many breaking news stories. That cannot be doubted at all.

Aldo is a great guy. He will help you out when you needed it. I worked with Aldo at Broome Security and actually just talked to him Friday when he was directing traffic for a funeral at St. Catherines church. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

Guest GUEST

Crash Severely Injures Port Dickinson Patrolman

YouNewsTV™Story Created: Jul 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM EDT

Story Updated: Jul 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM EDT

By WBNG News

A Binghamton man is charged after a two car crash severely injures a Port Dickinson Patrolman.

The Broome County Sheriff's Office say it happened around 3:30 this morning on State Route 7 in the Village of Port Dickinson.

The eastbound off ramp toward Hillcrest was closed due to a downed tree blocking the road.

The patrolman was on scene when a first car pulled up, and then pulled over to the shoulder.

While the officer was speaking with the those in the car...

A second vehicle sideswiped the parked car and struck the officer, causing severe injuries.

He was taken to Wilson Hospital.

No one else was injured.

The driver of the second vehicle was 30 year-old Patrick Fitzgerald of Binghamton.

He's charged with Vehicular Assault in the 2nd degree, a felony.

And driving while intoxicated.

Fitzgerald was arraigned in the Town of Dickinson Court and taken to the Broome County Jail.

The Broome County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Port Dickinson and Binghamton Police Departments, along with State Police and the Broome County District Attorney's Office.

Guest Guest
You are joking, right?

Both Officer Rossi and the driver of that vehicle are human beings who do both good and bad things every day of their lives. All of us take risks every day that might result in tragedy to another and we aren't the only ones who might suffer from the consequences. BOTH Fitzgerald and Rossi are human beings (good people if you ask anyone who knew them) and BOTH of them have family and friends who care for them and are suffering right now. The only one who had any control over this particular situation was Fitzgerald, and he made a tragically horrible decision. But that doesn't make the pain suffered by his family and friends any less valid. BOTH families are suffering. Try to look beyond the cliches and see the human beings.

Guest Guest
Let us hope he didn't pass.. If he should pass on , I think BV Voice can and should take up a collection for the family. I will donate the first $100 dollars.

Maybe BTK can handle this and the money ???

Very good idea and we will donate as well. I know Aldo and he was a great guy, very sad story.

@

Guest Guest-Heartbroken

Aldo is a great guy. He will help you out when you needed it. I worked with Aldo at Broome Security and actually just talked to him Friday when he was directing traffic for a funeral at St. Catherines church. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

[/quotE

Ironically, Fitzgerald attended that funeral, because it was a friend of his family. They were both loved by many in the community.

Archived