Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Bishop

Can you be Christian without going to church?

Depends on what kind of Christian. A Falwell/Bush Christian? Then go to church.

A Jesus Christian? Get out of church and go help somebody.

Can you be Christian without going to church?

Depends on what kind of Christian. A Falwell/Bush Christian? Then go to church.

A Jesus Christian? Get out of church and go help somebody.

No to the OP.

then:

Since Jesus DID form HIS CHURCH on Peter, gave him the Keys to heaven, and the first century Christians have been celebrating the MASS as Jesus COMMANDED, even BEFORE the New Testament was written....What Church would this be? The Catholic Church.

1.) Go to Mass and receive the MOST Sacred Body and Blood of Our Lord in the Catholic Church (Orthodox Churches have valid Liturgies and the Most HOLY Eucharist)

2.) Then, go help your neighbor.

The 2 most important commandments that Jesus mentioned when asked were not \"go to church\"

They were \"love the Lord your God with all your heart\" and

\"love your neighbor as yourself\"

If you can accomplish these 2 things without going to church, then I think that the answer is yes, you can be a Christian without going to church.

Don\'t listen to AFC- if all Catholics were like him/her, his church would have self destructed years ago.

No. Church is only part of the equation.

I couln't agree with you more TWS. I know plenty of people that think that going to church on Sunday makes up for treating people like crap all week long. I believe in God, pray to God and thank God everyday. I don't go to church. I consider myself a Christian. I help others by donating both time and money to worthy causes. I treat my family, friends and neighbors with love and respect. That's what makes me a Christian.

Additionally, just because you go to church doesn't make you a Christian either.

TWS

No, you do not have to go to church. But you are morally obligated to spend as much time as possible on message boards. It is important to constantly tell people who do not belong to your religion that they are wrong and to use as many derogatory words as possible when referring to them. Also, when someone catches you in a lie or challenges you, side-step as much as possible and when all else fails, tell them you won't respond because you are now "bored." This is what God wants you to do. It is very important, so take it seriously.

If I take part in the Mass and the Sacraments I am a Christian in the Faith handed down by the Apostles.

Well, my religion says if I crap on your face I am God. I like my religion! :lol:

Guest Christian

The 3rd Commandment says we must keep the Sabbath holy. That is very difficult to do without going to church. Not only going to church but keeping the rest of the day "holy". Are you going to argue with God who gave us the 10 Commandments? Of course though, reading this web site and seeing the paganism and ignorance in some of the beliefs, and the hatred and bigotry, nothing would surprise me.

The Catholics in Japan kept the Sabbath holy without attending church for over 2 centuries. After the Japanese slaughtered St. Francis Xavier and other Catholic priests who had brought the Faith there, the Catholics were left on their own - no priests, no churches, no sacraments. They kept the faith by studying the catechisms given to them by the missionary priests, and devoutly praying the Rosary without fail. When priests were finally let back into the country they were shocked to find large groups of Catholics who not only knew the Faith, but kept it alive for over 200 years.

The Church is not mentioned one time in the New Testament as being a building or structure built by man. Jesus said, "wherever two or more of you gather in my name I will be there". Now don't get me wrong here as I am pro-church. I just don't happen to believe (based on scripture) that one has to attend a Church in order to recieve salvation. I also do not believe that one has to be a member of the Catholic Church in order to recieve salvation. That one is one of the biggest manipulations that mankind has ever seen.

The Church is not mentioned one time in the New Testament as being a building or structure built by man. Jesus said, "wherever two or more of you gather in my name I will be there". Now don't get me wrong here as I am pro-church. I just don't happen to believe (based on scripture) that one has to attend a Church in order to recieve salvation. I also do not believe that one has to be a member of the Catholic Church in order to recieve salvation. That one is one of the biggest manipulations that mankind has ever seen.

Matthew 16:17-20

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

Jesus built His Church on PETER. Gave him the keys to heaven, promised that gates of hell will not over come it, and gave him the authority to "bind and loose"

From St. Peter to Pope Benedict 16th is the rock in which the gates of hell shall not prevail.

No sacraments, no salvation, unless totally ignorant.

You are wrong, Hunter

Matthew 16:17-20

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

Jesus built His Church on PETER. Gave him the keys to heaven, promised that gates of hell will not over come it, and gave him the authority to "bind and loose"

From St. Peter to Pope Benedict 16th is the rock in which the gates of hell shall not prevail.

No sacraments, no salvation, unless totally ignorant.

You are wrong, Hunter

post-125-1203564962.gif

OPINION NEEDED: Can you be Christian without going to church?

http://www.binghamtonpress.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS01/80220019

yeah, in fact I feel many people that go to church are hypocritical. I had some lady literally yell at me because she felt I wasn't dressed up enough by her standards for church. I thought in the house of God everyone should be accepting of everyone, even if someone like me can't afford to buy nice clothing. I haven't stepped foot inside a church since that day and am most definitely still considered a Christian.

Archived