Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, in fact I feel many people that go to church are hypocritical. I had some lady literally yell at me because she felt I wasn't dressed up enough by her standards for church. I thought in the house of God everyone should be accepting of everyone, even if someone like me can't afford to buy nice clothing. I haven't stepped foot inside a church since that day and am most definitely still considered a Christian.

If you came to church in a BIKINI you should not be ALLOWED IN!!!!! :blink:

yeah, in fact I feel many people that go to church are hypocritical. I had some lady literally yell at me because she felt I wasn't dressed up enough by her standards for church. I thought in the house of God everyone should be accepting of everyone, even if someone like me can't afford to buy nice clothing. I haven't stepped foot inside a church since that day and am most definitely still considered a Christian.

Because someone chose to be uncharitable towards you and perhaps even committed a sin in doing so, you've decided to use it as an excuse not to participate?

A true Christian lives the words Christ taught us in the Our Father ... "forgive us as we forgive others." To do otherwise brings condemnation on yourself.

Hmmmm . . . If I were you I think I'd step back and reevaluate my position a bit.

Tell me what church Jesus went to while alive and I will join that one

Why would you? He was a JEW! You can no longer achieve salvation under the OLD COVENANT with the Jews. He instituted His new Covenant at the Last Supper, with His Holy Priesthood and Eucharist. All these are in the Catholic Church He founded on PETER, mentioned above.

Posted earlier in this thread by Guy Guestinger:

With subtitles, so as not to confuse everyone. Now excuse me while I put this on every other religious post.

I responded:

Satan is the ruler of this world... So do not blame it's problems on God!!!!

AFC Asked:

Who Does? :blink:

Posted earlier in this thread by Guy Guestinger:

With subtitles, so as not to confuse everyone. Now excuse me while I put this on every other religious post.

I responded:

Satan is the ruler of this world... So do not blame it's problems on God!!!!

AFC Asked:

Who Does? :blink:

Satan is the ruler of this world. Jesus said so when He was being interrogated by Pilate. :blink:

John 18:36

36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=31

Yes you can. My mother is disabled and can not get out of the house to go to church. She is as Christian as you can get. She tries to make up for it the best she can by reading the bible and watching mass on TV as much as she can. By the way she is Catholic and has even requested to have the Priest stop over to give her communion. He does stop hit and miss because she is not a faithful money donor to the church due to fixed income and medical bills. What erks me is when my dad was alive, he and my mother gave to that damn church until it hurt with time and donations. It's no wonder why I turned my back on the church.....just like the church has turned it's back on my mother.

Guest I believe

I believe, that there is a higher power. That's all I need. Attending some organized religious activity does not make anyone better or worse then me. I live by the simple golden rule. I think that's pretty much all God and Jesus (or whateve name you choose to call the power) expect of us. Everything else is "window dressing". And please don't quote the bible back to me. It was written by men with less then "christian" motives.

It's pretty simple. Be good to all things...forgive...love...laugh...live without regret...try not to place too much value on things...be at peace with yourself.

Remembering this is what allows me to sleep at night and be able to face myself in the mirror in the morning.

I didn't read through the whole thread, I skipped to the thid page. I will add my say... I think that oraganized religion has ruined the real purpose. The hate and rules set forth on people because of their beliefs isn't the proper way to worship. Having faith is something every person can do in their own way, and celebrate as they wish. It's not so much what ou have faith in as long as you have faith. It's supposed to be an uplifting experience, but I find most people do not celebrate their faith they mourn it. That is a quote from a movie, but it made sense to me. I don't need to attend services, receive communion, and be absolved of my sins by a priest. I believe that I have my own relationship with God, and I am happier celebrating him and my life my way, without involving all the politics of organized religion. my parents raised me Catholic and I received baptism, communion, and confirmation. They gave me all the education I needed to be able to make a choice in my religious practice, and I thank them for that, although many sundays I hated waking up for CCD and church. I chose to celebrate my faith, not my religion, in my own way. Some people need the church and the practices of it to believe, I don't. I think that however you believe and whatever gives you peace inside is the answer. Why persecute anyone for trying to better themselves in a way that works for them specifically. I don't think God truly intended for his being and creations to be cause for hate and war, it was intended to give peace.

I apologize if my beliefs offend anyone.... God gave me free will, so as I could make this choice for myself. I would never thrust that upon anyone, neither should anyone push there beliefs on anyone else.

I know several catholics who no longer attend church and I can say they are better than those who attend my Catholic church!!! They pray at home and do not gossip nor hurt others like those who attend my Catholic church!! WHY ATTEND MASS AND THEN GOSSIP AND HURT OTHERS????

Yes you can. My mother is disabled and can not get out of the house to go to church. She is as Christian as you can get. She tries to make up for it the best she can by reading the bible and watching mass on TV as much as she can. By the way she is Catholic and has even requested to have the Priest stop over to give her communion. He does stop hit and miss because she is not a faithful money donor to the church due to fixed income and medical bills. What erks me is when my dad was alive, he and my mother gave to that damn church until it hurt with time and donations. It's no wonder why I turned my back on the church.....just like the church has turned it's back on my mother.

I agree with you! Our own priest does not have time to visit the sick, BUT he can go to Italy every year-he has money for everything for himself but still asks all the elderly at his parish to give, give and give! He wastes the money he gets on gold items! How come Cathlic churches have to have so much gold?? By the way the church is St. Cyrils-where these priest take a vow of poverty! Their recotry is far from poverty-it is better than my own home!!!!!

Archived