CV vs CF football

Guest matt m

Guest Lombardi
thats why cv consistently gets their butts kicked every year by cf. the last time cv won was 1995. 13 years and counting................

Make that 1994, not 1995.

This thread obviously is about a pick up game though.

if you watched the game on tv, it was obvious they were overpowered by speed. i know parents from cf that even admitted their kids on the defensive line were slow, but big, and it was hard to get by them not because they were good, they just didnt move... cade had no arm. one dimensional team. i guarantee if cv had a coach, they would have blown out cf by 4 or 5 td's...

Guest Reality check
if you watched the game on tv, it was obvious they were overpowered by speed. i know parents from cf that even admitted their kids on the defensive line were slow, but big, and it was hard to get by them not because they were good, they just didnt move... cade had no arm. one dimensional team. i guarantee if cv had a coach, they would have blown out cf by 4 or 5 td's...

Let me see if I have this straight. They lose 19-12 after a 4th quarter TD in the state final, allowed only two plays over 30 yards and they were overpowered by speed? Interesting observation Mr Lombardi.

Then, "if CV had a coach" you say they win by 4 or 5 TDs, after CV beat only SV by more than 3 TDs last season? With a "coach", CV beats the team that was tied at 6 in the 4th quarter of the state finals by 4 or 5 TDs? Really now?

Whatever.

one dimensional team.

That one-dimensional team has played in 6 of the last 7 state finals using the same offense, hasn't lost to a Section 4 Class B team in their last 62 games dating back to early 2000 and won more playoff games in the last 7 seasons than CV has won games overall.

I think the Forks fans will settle for that. I think any Section 4 team would settle for that.

That one-dimensional team has played in 6 of the last 7 state finals using the same offense, hasn't lost to a Section 4 Class B team in their last 62 games dating back to early 2000 and won more playoff games in the last 7 seasons than CV has won games overall.

I think the Forks fans will settle for that. I think any Section 4 team would settle for that.

smoke weed :mellow:

Chenango Forks should go back to their old ways if they want to beat CV this year. Like back in the 70's when all their players were 21, 22, etc.

This year, CV beats Forks in all their games.

Forks is a good team. But their is no question that they were overachievers. No one expected them to win like they did last year. They played within the program. Which shows that if you keep it simple, you can still win games, in this area. The first game against CV, they were given that game. CV coaches couldnt keep a lid on 12 players on the field, twice. The clock helped them too, but i wont get into that. CF didnt win that game, CV lost. and the second game, CV couldnt keeps its composure. but if you look at the stats, they had more all purpose yards. CF just capitalized on CV errors. Say what you want. CF escaped. like they have most of these games against CV. lets not forget, when the series started up again in 88, CV won 7 in a row. you are at 13. unlucky 13. CV was more suited to play Rye. Especially offensively.

Forks is a good team. But their is no question that they were overachievers. No one expected them to win like they did last year. They played within the program. Which shows that if you keep it simple, you can still win games, in this area. The first game against CV, they were given that game. CV coaches couldnt keep a lid on 12 players on the field, twice. The clock helped them too, but i wont get into that. CF didnt win that game, CV lost. and the second game, CV couldnt keeps its composure. but if you look at the stats, they had more all purpose yards. CF just capitalized on CV errors. Say what you want. CF escaped. like they have most of these games against CV. lets not forget, when the series started up again in 88, CV won 7 in a row. you are at 13. unlucky 13. CV was more suited to play Rye. Especially offensively.

Preseason many followers of Forks said their offense would be a little stronger than 2006, defense a little weaker and look to play CV twice. That's exactly what happened, although the defense improved a lot during the year. Last years' results were very similar to their 2003 team, which was that they could go as far as their defense could carry them. In 2003, with 22 new starters it was all the way, last year it was to the state final again.

Of course CF capitalized on errors. They do that a lot. CV did that a lot too last year. They (CV) were a very good team that just didn't quite get it done.

The streak is now at 14 in a row for CF, not 13. They already passed the unlucky number.

CV was more suited to play Rye? CF led more than Rye did and only lost by 7. CV more suited offensively? Perhaps. Might not have even gotten there. They may have lost to Caz and probably would have lost to Geneva. Perhaps not. Thing is, they watched CF on TV vs Rye. That's the bottom line.

Someday CV will win vs CF again. It might just happen when they meet next October. Might not too. During both the CF and CV streaks in the rivalry there were some very close games that could have gone either way, just like the last 4 games they played.

Forks is a good team. But their is no question that they were overachievers. No one expected them to win like they did last year. .

The people that didn't expect them to do well last fall were blind. Why wouldn't Forks do well in 2007? They were 19 seconds from going to the state final in 2006. 19 seconds from a 6th straight, and had about a third of their starters back, including two running backs and two receivers. Yeah, CF doesn't throw much, but they throw EFFECTIVELY. Their yards per attempt and yards per completion are near the top in the section. With low quantity of throws, that shows their effectiveness.

Obviously those blind ones haven't learned a thing the previous six seasons. CF lost all 22 starters from the 02 team and went 13-0 the next year. They lost 14 or so starters from the 2004 state champs and went to the state final again in 2005. Obviously they reload, have talent, have a great system, have a great coach and ALL of those factors add up each year, not just one.

Now we are hearing from the clueless that CF won't do squat next year. Like that hasn't been said before. Get real folks. They may drop - it's going to happen some day obviously, but this IS going to be a team that - again - was playing for the state championship the previous season. ANY team in that situation is always at least a force to be reckoned with the next year. Anyone doesn't think the road to the Section 4 title doesn't go through Forks in 2008 is only fooling themselves. Sure, CV or Windsor or Norwich or someone may knock them off and win the title, but CF has been king of the hill the entire new century. The road to an 11th game goes through them.

I watched the game in person and saw Cf get out played by Rye. period.

but bottom line, they beat CV twice and again made it to the finals after everyone said last year they couldn't do it again.

Here is a thought, let it go. CF beat everybody in Sec.4 this year. You all can whine and complain all you want but CF still beat your team...overachievers...?? go smoke some more dope, they were a bunch of kids that were coached to win and win they did (until the last game)....

" i guarantee if cv had a coach, they would have blown out cf by 4 or 5 td's..."....if, if, what if....so you are saying CV coach sucked???...that's nice.....when the pressure was on, CF got it done and that is a direct reflection on the coaching staff...maybe CV can offer CF coaches millions of dollars and they can buy themselves a coach...

"CV coaches couldn't keep a lid on 12 players on the field, twice. The clock helped them too, but i wont get into that. CF didnt win that game, CV lost. and the second game, CV couldn't keeps its composure. but if you look at the stats, they had more all purpose yards. CF just capitalized on CV errors.".....say or try to explain it how ever you want CV lost, blame the coaches, blame the players, heck blame the parents for not raising better kids...

CF did not have any outstanding superb NFL-bound players this year but they still got the job done....

let it go......they won, your team lost, blast them all you want, but those kids went to Syracuse and walked out of the dome with their heads held high.........

I am from CF. I am a CF Cheerleader.I believe that both teams were outstanding last season. From last season rival match, we knew that we had to work hard, both teams knew that. Valley and Forks have outstanding coaches. I have friends that that go to CV. We are all friends. Why does there have to be so much hate between the two teams?

Guest i am the walrus

it's not so much hate between the teams themselves. You'd be surprised at the number of players that are actually friends with eachother, after all we all live near eachother and often work at the same places. for the most part it's the fans and parents who go a little over board with the hate and such.

ps-are you really a cheerleader with a name like george? lol just curiousss.

CV had a complete package. offense and defense thrived this year.. just didnt produce when they had to... went to the pass too much against forks in 2nd game... they moved the ball like crazy... mullins just tried to do too much.. but 5 int's.. thats not his nature. one int was legit. the rest were right to defenders.. they had CF on their heels, both games. CF didnt find a way to win. CV found a way to lose. congrats CV.. you were in the head of CF and their fans... no question..

Guest the brains of the town.

Well, you hear sooooooooo much talk about big bad Chenango Valley and Chenango Forks as if there the only two teams in the history of high school. Well, let me ask you this!.. Does no one care about Bainbridge Guilford-Afton, Whitney Point, Walton, or even Weedsport?! I mean, come on these teams work absolutely TIRELESSLY and how bout you tell me why these teams do NOT apear on the front page of the Press And Sun Bulleten?!?! :angry:

Well let me tell you..I am completely appauled and in all of this redicularity!

..and as for those completely overated players, Trever Cola, Matt Mullin, Gary Cade, and whoever else even plays on your teams, Bainbridge could kick all of your butts.

i have a dream that one day all of you DELETED can live in peace together i mean your idiots only live 5 miles from each other. i have a dream that one day you may actually find something to do with your lives than to argue about the PAST football season in Febuary, it's sad.

and as for a team that prooves you guys BOTH suck, THANKKKKKKKK GOOOOOODDDDDDDDD FOR RYE.

Archived