CV vs CF football

Guest matt m

Sounds like we have a few issues we need to talk to Dr. Phil about.

Does no one care about Bainbridge Guilford-Afton, Whitney Point

NO

Walton

Great Team - congratulations on an outstanding year

Weedsport

NO

Guest The Game

CV/CF trivia:

Name any 10 players who have played for BOTH Chenango Valley and Chenango Forks varsity sports(any) since 1975.

Special bonus if you get the 2 ancient players from the 1960's who played for North High School, then both transferred to the Chenango area, one to the Forks and one to the Valley.

Guest cfwheels08

ok. heres the deal. i am soo sick of everyone complaining and arguing about the cf-cv rivalry. for the last 2 years i have expirienced the rivalry first hand on the field as a player (and yes i did start and play in all three over the last 2 years). yes it gets heated, but off the field after the game, 90% of both teams are friends with each other. and as far as the games go, the past cannot, has not, and will not dictate the future. you people can speculate as much as you want and come up with reasons for why things happened the way they did but its not gonna change things. period. you'll just have to wait until the fall to find out. as far as the coaching goes, it did was a major effect of both games, but one just had a little more knowledge of how to handle things than the other.

also, if, IF cv did somehow get to the state playoffs, they would not have gotten past caz. they just wouldnt. alot would have to do with the pressure of the game and it getting to their heads. that is why i think they lost in the section champioship. and if, IF they did get past caz, and thats a big if, there would have no way in heck they would have gotten past geneva. and once again if they did, rye would have shut them down cold. again alot i think would have to do with the magnitude of the games and the egos of some of the players over there. not saying that we didnt have guys with the same problem, but most of them did not start. every starter that i played with had a cool, level head on their shoulders and never let the things bother them and get under their skin.

so in all, yes cv had an excellent program and so did we, but this past season in no way can dictate what happens this fall. good luck to both teams.

Go Forks!

ok. heres the deal. i am soo sick of everyone complaining and arguing about the cf-cv rivalry. for the last 2 years i have expirienced the rivalry first hand on the field as a player (and yes i did start and play in all three over the last 2 years). yes it gets heated, but off the field after the game, 90% of both teams are friends with each other. and as far as the games go, the past cannot, has not, and will not dictate the future. you people can speculate as much as you want and come up with reasons for why things happened the way they did but its not gonna change things. period. you'll just have to wait until the fall to find out. as far as the coaching goes, it did was a major effect of both games, but one just had a little more knowledge of how to handle things than the other.

also, if, IF cv did somehow get to the state playoffs, they would not have gotten past caz. they just wouldnt. alot would have to do with the pressure of the game and it getting to their heads. that is why i think they lost in the section champioship. and if, IF they did get past caz, and thats a big if, there would have no way in heck they would have gotten past geneva. and once again if they did, rye would have shut them down cold. again alot i think would have to do with the magnitude of the games and the egos of some of the players over there. not saying that we didnt have guys with the same problem, but most of them did not start. every starter that i played with had a cool, level head on their shoulders and never let the things bother them and get under their skin.

so in all, yes cv had an excellent program and so did we, but this past season in no way can dictate what happens this fall. good luck to both teams.

Go Forks!

honestly, I played I've played in all 3 of the CV/CF games in the past 2 years and no matter what, I still say that is the most fun game to play in. it's pure craziness, you can't hear the quarterback who's only a few feet away, can't hear anything, and it's amazing. then as far as off the field, i bump into forks players all the time. most the time we exchange looks and go about our business. it's not all its cracked up to be. and for the people saying we would have won it all, shut up. we lost to a great program and even though it was my last game as a high school football player, I can honestly say I enjoyed it and that those are the games I'm always going to remember and tell my grandchildren about. so why not stop all this nonsense about 'what if' or ''were better'' and just try to enjoy it as much as the players do.

Valley 08'

Guest Guest
please excuse my typos or poor grammar. i just couldn't find it in myself to care about all that on BCV.

no excuse necessary.....what you said was outstanding....hats off to you son....a perfect gentleman, your parents raised you right....best of luck in the future, not that you'll need it, I think you will turn out to be a great, productive citizen...

Guest Guest

Go Forks!

fabricating at its best. CV had the complete package. the stats will tell you. CF has gotten alot of help from not just its coach and players. alot of politics are involved. alot.

Guest Guest

that nikki stevens kid played a good game. he kept CF alive in championship. his father was great in football as well. he's a true tankersaurus

Guest Pi55ed
that nikki stevens kid played a good game. he kept CF alive in championship. his father was great in football as well. he's a true tankersaurus

Sounds like the caste system of CV :blink:

Guest The Game
honestly, I played I've played in all 3 of the CV/CF games in the past 2 years and no matter what, I still say that is the most fun game to play in. it's pure craziness, you can't hear the quarterback who's only a few feet away, can't hear anything, and it's amazing. then as far as off the field, i bump into forks players all the time. most the time we exchange looks and go about our business. it's not all its cracked up to be. and for the people saying we would have won it all, shut up. we lost to a great program and even though it was my last game as a high school football player, I can honestly say I enjoyed it and that those are the games I'm always going to remember and tell my grandchildren about. so why not stop all this nonsense about 'what if' or ''were better'' and just try to enjoy it as much as the players do.

Valley 08'

........and when you get out of high school, then to college, then finally to work, they will be your best buddies at work!

Guest Guest

nick stephens is awful and will have a great career playing football or wrestling at BCC? Or wait.....?

Guest walrus man
nick stephens is awful and will have a great career playing football or wrestling at BCC? Or wait.....?

CV has 7 players who are going on to play college football so far.

thats why cv consistently gets their butts kicked every year by cf. the last time cv won was 1995. 13 years and counting................

Yea, but it was the same way for 13 years prior to 1995. It will cycle the other way in the next few years. It always does.

Guest Guest
, I can honestly say I enjoyed it and that those are the games I'm always going to remember and tell my grandchildren about.

Valley 08'

i hope to god you accomplish something more significant in your life that you can tell your grandkids about

Guest spitzer's ladyfriend
i hope to god you accomplish something more significant in your life that you can tell your grandkids about

duh I'm sure he will but if he's a senior in high school like he says he is, what is so wrong about those being important memories. obviously there's more to come for him in life but for now that's a big part of it. way to be an idiot.

Guest Athiest

What are your accomplishments? :blink:

Guest Guest

trust me, you got that guy beat in accomplishments. you've accomplished more in HS than that guy every will in life. tell your grandchildren that too.

Guest guest
it's not so much hate between the teams themselves. You'd be surprised at the number of players that are actually friends with eachother, after all we all live near eachother and often work at the same places. for the most part it's the fans and parents who go a little over board with the hate and such.

ps-are you really a cheerleader with a name like george? lol just curiousss.

That would be my last name. CV and CF both play amazing. Forks have just beat them since 1994. Who knows? Maybe CV will win this year. It's always fun to go to that kind of a game.

That would be my last name. CV and CF both play amazing. Forks have just beat them since 1994. Who knows? Maybe CV will win this year. It's always fun to go to that kind of a game.

Ohh gotcha. Sorry I didn't mean to offend you or anything I just assumed it was a first name. But yes I agree, I have found the CV/CF games the most enjoyable to go to. There's always a ridiculous amount of energy and it's always a great show. This year should be interesting.

Archived