Maine Endwell Football

Guest Guest

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With some new coaches and some good seniors coming back this year and good players coming back to play, this team could be a pretty good team.

Rumor is Connolly is taking head job at that football powerhouse Seton??? Any truth to this?

Good luck rebuilding. Don't they play Groton, Moravia, and Southern Cayuga- and get crushed by them?

Great. All SCC needs is another ego-maniac at their helm.

I hear they are looking at a former SCC star (you can probably count them on one hand) will be returning to coach after playing in college...

Ok honestly im a player on Maine Endwell football team and everyone fans or players lets not get carried away here lets just show up monday wednesday friday after school lift weights and work hard to get better day by day. Honestly let's not throw predictions out there in early february because every other school is working hard to get better. In all seriousness, lets have some class and shut up for the next 5 months and then let our play speak each week, because as a player i am ashamed that we have to stoop this low so people notice us. So to all of my teammates i leave you with this we wont show up each saturday next fall and blow teams out without work. Our work ethic is the key to winning our first section 4 title under Coach Wags, so i challenge every player to show up at every off season event... lifting session, 7 on 7 etc. and then we will have that title. But dont say that we will win in february when winning in november is more important.

M-E will be the best school in section 4 guarenteed

M.E. has no chance with one of the big boys moving down. Vestal was in fourth place in AA last year but will win A next season for sure,

M.E. has no chance with one of the big boys moving down. Vestal was in fourth place in AA last year but will win A next season for sure,

Vestal is soft and they have a baseball coach trying to teach football.......

Ok honestly im a player on Maine Endwell football team and everyone fans or players lets not get carried away here lets just show up monday wednesday friday after school lift weights and work hard to get better day by day. Honestly let's not throw predictions out there in early february because every other school is working hard to get better. In all seriousness, lets have some class and shut up for the next 5 months and then let our play speak each week, because as a player i am ashamed that we have to stoop this low so people notice us. So to all of my teammates i leave you with this we wont show up each saturday next fall and blow teams out without work. Our work ethic is the key to winning our first section 4 title under Coach Wags, so i challenge every player to show up at every off season event... lifting session, 7 on 7 etc. and then we will have that title. But dont say that we will win in february when winning in november is more important.
What a suck up!!!!......

Guest Mike Tyce

You guys have it all wrong. I am taking the head coaching position at SCC. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country, and scooped the most recruits off of ESPN's top 150. Tim Tebow is transferring and 5 of the top 10 national prospects just signed national letters of intent. Should be an alright year for ME but a magical year for SCC.

I heard sweeney is moving to endwell he should be a star there

lets put an end to thins now.. dan sweeny is not going to endwell...his older brother is moving he is not.ive talked to him about this and he said that he would never want to be a spartan

Guest ohsunnyday
Rumor is Connolly is taking head job at that football powerhouse Seton??? Any truth to this?

Good luck rebuilding. Don't they play Groton, Moravia, and Southern Cayuga- and get crushed by them?

No truth. Just rumors from the #1 rumor mill.

Guest ohsunnyday
What a suck up!!!!......

This player is absolutlely right!!! He has a good leadership mentality, which is what ME definitely needs this year. The new coaching staff is definitely one of the most LAZIEST group of coaches in ME's history. What was the AD thinking?? Oh yeah that's right loaded Vestal is dropping down to Class A. Hopefully the team is loaded with ambitious, self motivating players. And to the person who stated "What a suck up", this is definitely a spurned ME parent from last year. Hopefully their kid is not on the team, but unfortunately I know they are. Hopefully some of the leaders on the team will step up right at the begining and quelch these negative players.

Guest Sparent
When will ME ever be a decent school for kids to play sports in....there is so much controvery.....most of the idiot coaches and SPARENTS cause it........

Vestal is certainly not loaded. That is why they dropped down to A. They were looking at a distant third place if they stayed in AA this year.

Vestal is certainly not loaded. That is why they dropped down to A. They were looking at a distant third place if they stayed in AA this year.

What? Mathematically why they are in A this fall has NOTHING to do with if they are loaded or not. They are down in Class A because of their enrollment, much like M-E was in class B a decade ago. Of course Vestal could have stayed up in AA if they chose to, some teams do stay up like M-E did the year after they won states. Is that why you said "That is why they dropped down to A"? (since they could have stayed up?)

Guest analyst
What? Mathematically why they are in A this fall has NOTHING to do with if they are loaded or not. They are down in Class A because of their enrollment, much like M-E was in class B a decade ago. Of course Vestal could have stayed up in AA if they chose to, some teams do stay up like M-E did the year after they won states. Is that why you said "That is why they dropped down to A"? (since they could have stayed up?)

Vestal was only a few students away from being in AA. They dropped down because they know they could not compete in AA. They could have stayed in AA if they wanted. The Vestal JV team got pounded by U.E. by about 53 -12, their program stinks.

Vestal was only a few students away from being in AA. They dropped down because they know they could not compete in AA. They could have stayed in AA if they wanted.

With 1,011, Vestal next fall is FORTY below the AA cutoff (i.e NOT a "few"), whereas M-E was one or two below the A cutoff when they decided to stay up in Class A in 2005. Big difference. I am certain if M-E fell 40 below the A cutoff on 2005 they would have dropped to B too.

Do some research for a change.

No M-E still wouldnt drop the competition in B to get to the playoffs is harder because only 2 teams in each division (East + West around 12 teams total) move on to play in the play offs where as in A 4 out of the 7 play in the playoffs. Staying A and getting to the playoffs is easier to do in A then B therefore why should they drop.

Guest ohsunnyday
this years m-e team should be good this year enough said.

3-5 at the very best. The team has been torn apart over last seasons doings, especially with the coaching changes. Too bad, sooooo sad.

Archived