BCC Hornets

Guest Guest

The women and men are both very good. They both won the conference tournament last weekend. The women are the # 1 seed for their region in the national tournament and the men are the # 3 seed. VERY successful season for both teams its nice to see them finally both winning. CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH TEAMS!

Guest Old School
What do people think about the bcc hornets....
Congrats to both the Men's and Women's teams. I haven't seen Mike Huggler since he coached St. Cyril's varsity. It doesn't surprise me that he has assembled a good athletic TEAM, looking to run, but with the discipline to play well in the half-court. As for Jimmy Evans, I remember a skinny guard who would practice shooting @ the Y, after he had played a game or attended practice @ BCC, working on his game. The coaches have been successful infusing their work ethic into their respective TEAMS, and have developed players who can move on as Student/Athletes. Similar to Coach Brinks' success.

Both coaches do a good job but both of these teams are loaded with talented players. I feel like thats 90% of the battle at the college level is recruiting good players and good kids who will buy into your system.

Guest John W. Fox
Both coaches do a good job but both of these teams are loaded with talented players. I feel like thats 90% of the battle at the college level is recruiting good players and good kids who will buy into your system.

The amazing thing is, BCC coaches make less than a coach in a rinky dink MAC or IAC school. It's a joke. To add to that, there's no bus, the coaches drive a van to and from Watertown, Corning, Dryden, Albany, etc. HS coaches make more money and get to ride a bus from Binghamton to Seton, or Forks to Valley. Pathetic. The coaches are underpaid but sure do put out a great product.

Archived