:lol: :lol:

Guest Guest

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear, after the dust has settled, and the resignation of Shirley Sherrod, that the rush to judgment about the video clip and her comments was just that, a rush, without the context of her entire speech, during which she actually shared revelations about her own tendency to be racist, and how working with that farmer changed her ...forever. She worked with that white family (which she does not name in the speech) for two years providing the full lexicon of her knowledge. That family has come forward in Sherrod's defense, lobbying, so to speak for her to be reinstated.

It turns out the 45 minute speech, went on to be a lesson about racial reconciliation.

Apparently the real racism is from biggovernment.com, which deliberately posted a section of the video to promote its agenda.

My first inclination when viewing the video was to be skeptical,because of what Sherrod was saying as the clip ended. Then I decided I was deferring to my own bias, so I thought, I hope she gets ousted. I won't do that again. The internet makes us prey for those that wish to manipulate opinion rather than share factual information. Reader, listener beware, check and re-check.

From Tea Party leader Mark Williams blog -

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Colored People have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

.... ETC...

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom’s Nephew National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Head Colored Person

It's amusing to see this thread is still on page one after two days.

Just heard that the family of this "white farmer" is coming to the defense of Ms. Sherrod. This farmer apparently got his bail out after all. This all happened before she even worked in the Obama administration. The NAACP is apparently retracting their apology about her.

The disgusting thing about the video is how Ms. Sherrod made these comments last March, in front of an NAACP audience. Nobody, there, seemed disgusted while she bragged about her power over this "white farmer." In fact, she was encouraged by the NAACP audience.

On the other hand, that Mark Williams was ejected from the Tea Party movement as soon as his Uncle Tom email was made public.

Scott

It's amusing to see this thread is still on page one after two days.

Just heard that the family of this "white farmer" is coming to the defense of Ms. Sherrod. This farmer apparently got his bail out after all. This all happened before she even worked in the Obama administration. The NAACP is apparently retracting their apology about her.

The disgusting thing about the video is how Ms. Sherrod made these comments last March, in front of an NAACP audience. Nobody, there, seemed disgusted while she bragged about her power over this "white farmer." In fact, she was encouraged by the NAACP audience.

On the other hand, that Mark Williams was ejected from the Tea Party movement as soon as his Uncle Tom email was made public.

Scott

AM; the clip disseminated was an excerpt which gave the impression that Ms. Sherrod was delivering a treatise on being a blithe racist, but, that is exactly the opposite of what her message was. Once the facts are revealed it is so unfair to cling to the message of the liar.

I went searching for this thread to add the new info, that's how it got to page 1.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/21/s...d_n_653747.html

Guest Guest

I too was outraged and thought she should be fired. Racism is racism. Then a funny thing happened. I listened to the WHOLE tape and guess what, it was a story how she was wrong to judge him on being white. She goes on to say how eye opening it was to work with a poor white person and how it changed her view of working with other ethnic groups. It was a wonderful story. She actually worked two years with this family and this white farmer was the first to defend her yesterday. I loved the story. She had the guts to tell this story in front of a black crowd. I was totally wrong about her.

Guest Guest
I too was outraged and thought she should be fired. Racism is racism. Then a funny thing happened. I listened to the WHOLE tape and guess what, it was a story how she was wrong to judge him on being white. She goes on to say how eye opening it was to work with a poor white person and how it changed her view of working with other ethnic groups. It was a wonderful story. She actually worked two years with this family and this white farmer was the first to defend her yesterday. I loved the story. She had the guts to tell this story in front of a black crowd. I was totally wrong about her.

Creative editing can do wonders to stir up the ignorant masses. This lets them deflect from the true stories in the news that expose the truth about them.

Guest Guest
Ok. Where are the retractions on the totally baseless accusations about how the Tea Party is racial?

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Colored People have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the ‘tea party movement’.

The tea party position to “end the bailouts” for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn’t that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of “reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government.” What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government “stop the out of control spending.” Again, they directly target Colored People. That means we Colored People would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government “stop raising our taxes.” That is outrageous! How will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom’s Nephew National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Head Colored Person

Guest Guest

Dear Mr. Lincoln

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the ‘tea party movement’.

The tea party position to “end the bailouts” for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn’t that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of “reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government.” What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government “stop the out of control spending.” Again, they directly target Colored People. That means we Colored People would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government “stop raising our taxes.” That is outrageous! How will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Sincerely

This guy got fired, dummy.

Guest Get Back Whites!

Wow! It really is all about color! Looks like our black female racists may get her job back! Totaly unheard of!!!......until now...because she's black! An admitted racists who cheated white people and acted on their skin color in the government may get her job back and everyone is apologizing to her! WOW!!!! The old saying never rang so true, "IF SHE WERE WHITE!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38321920/ns/us...-life?Gt1=43001

"However, when the full video of her speech at an NAACP event was made public, the civil rights group retracted a previous statement condemning her for acting in a racist manner, and said she had been treated unfairly. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack then said in the early hours of Wednesday that he would reconsider the USDA's decision to ask for her resignation."

And BTW, I was right you libitards, the NAACP and CNN placed blame on FOX for this poor woman's misfortune and Acorns fall out and......What a sham! White folks in this country, you have no representation, your are on your own, you are no longer citizens of this messsed up country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38335268#38335268

WOW! CNN, you really are a bunch of worthless DELETED liberal truth bending retards!

I am more disgusted in this country than Michelle Obama is at the Pledge of Allegiance...and America.....and white folks.....

Guest Guest
Wow! It really is all about color! Looks like our black female racists may get her job back! Totaly unheard of!!!......until now...because she's black! An admitted racists who cheated white people and acted on their skin color in the government may get her job back and everyone is apologizing to her! WOW!!!! The old saying never rang so true, "IF SHE WERE WHITE!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38321920/ns/us...-life?Gt1=43001

"However, when the full video of her speech at an NAACP event was made public, the civil rights group retracted a previous statement condemning her for acting in a racist manner, and said she had been treated unfairly. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack then said in the early hours of Wednesday that he would reconsider the USDA's decision to ask for her resignation."

And BTW, I was right you libitards, the NAACP and CNN placed blame on FOX for this poor woman's misfortune and Acorns fall out and......What a sham! White folks in this country, you have no representation, your are on your own, you are no longer citizens of this messsed up country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38335268#38335268

WOW! CNN, you really are a bunch of worthless DELETED liberal truth bending retards!

I am more disgusted in this country than Michelle Obama is at the Pledge of Allegiance...and America.....and white folks.....

Kill yourself and do the world a favor. People as stupid as you are a waste of oxygen.

Guest Guest
Kill yourself and do the world a favor. People as stupid as you are a waste of oxygen.

If I do that who will pay for you and your baby mommas' welfare? Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Guest Guest
go outside and play kid

Ain't it time for you and your baby momma to load up them young'ens and head down to the local stop-n-rob for some free cigs and Malt Liquor? How much can you "strain on society people" fit in that four seated baby stroller anyway?

Guest Guest

I doesn't change a thing. She witheld from the man based on race and in doing so broke the law.

Guest Guest
I doesn't change a thing. She witheld from the man based on race and in doing so broke the law.

Didn't see the whole video, did you.

Guest Guest

Blacks are allowed to do this now. They are above the law. Ask Obama, ask Holder, ask any liberal Supreme Court Justice.......Hell, ask any Obama supporter! It's GREAT TO BE BLACK in Obamanation!

Guest Guest
Blacks are allowed to do this now. They are above the law. Ask Obama, ask Holder, ask any liberal Supreme Court Justice.......Hell, ask any Obama supporter! It's GREAT TO BE BLACK in Obamanation!

Fox news and Glen Beck Rock!!!

Guest Guest
Didn't see the whole video, did you.

What would be the outcome if this woman were white? Please, will one of you libs enlighten us? The woman admitted comitting a fraud, a crime. She worked for the government. She got caught and was forced to resign! Now she said it was "a learning experience" and all is well and the blame placed on Fox news. Well, why don't we just let everyone out of jail right now and let all do what they want to get that "learning experience"! Sounds like a double standard to me!!!!

Guest Guest
What would be the outcome if this woman were white? Please, will one of you libs enlighten us? The woman admitted comitting a fraud, a crime. She worked for the government. She got caught and was forced to resign! Now she said it was "a learning experience" and all is well and the blame placed on Fox news. Well, why don't we just let everyone out of jail right now and let all do what they want to get that "learning experience"! Sounds like a double standard to me!!!!

Rush Limbaugh is the man!!!

Archived