Sanmina Lay Offs

Guest Guest

I really believe that given the time and recourses Mark would have turned the whole thing around. Lets be thankful for the time we had together.

Turn it around like he did EI? The Red Sled misses her Spaghetti bender???

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do people have electronic balls.? Post your names! Ponzi was making too much money. Gets no simpler than that. He wanted the best for Sanmina and the Comunity. Too bad the majority of the workforce didn't understand that you were supposed to work 40 hours for 40 hours pay. When you lose a million dollars a month month over month and it was that way before Ponzi got there it would suggest that Gable and the worker bees should look in the mirror!

He only looked out for his own well being. Didn't care who he tried to run over in the process. It may have worked with a few but did not for the people that just laughed in his face. He set a record for least amount of time in that position!

He only looked out for his own well being. Didn't care who he tried to run over in the process. It may have worked with a few but did not for the people that just laughed in his face. He set a record for least amount of time in that position!

Who set the record for the least amount of time in the General Manager position?

Fonzi "the blow fish"

No, Ponzi was never the General Manager,he was the Production Manager, Jt holds the record for shortest time as General Manager. Then as we were told he stepped or was asked to for a more "Hands On Position" then shortly later was walked out to start his new ind-ever at EIT.

Guest guest-D.K

Did JT get a standing ovation when he departed Sanmina ?

Considering he's been whittling out his non-followers through lay-off after layoff over the last bunch of years. There are not many of us left. So he didn't get the standing ovation he probably should've had. He still has the "Boys Club" he's carried up with him still spread throughout the plant,and I'm sure they are still more loyal to him than the company. So not many are going be honest and stick their neck out in the open for fear of the repercussions. It was probably something many thought would have never happened in one hundred years. The guys he put in some positions know they would have never gotten there without him and wouldn't have made no where's near the money. I thought when Ponzi came in he would've noticed some of this and made some changes. But it looks like he will not get a chance now. A big part of why I believe some didn't like him. I bet I could make a list of the people that didn't like him just because of who he replaced. Ponzi was no different than any other Production Manager doing his job in the past. Anyone honest that remembers the ones prior to him will admit it. The only difference with Ponzi over JT was he didn't have that "buddy" relationship with the Chosen ones. So really to him everybody was the same. This wouldn't go over well with people who were always use to a little special treatment. Ponzi didn't have any friendships built up over the years because he was brought in from the outside so most everybody was starting from scratch with him..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fonz Fan

The only difference with Ponzi over JT was he didn't have that "buddy" relationship with the Chosen ones. I can believe this

So really to him everybody was the same. I can believe this.

Mark would have been good given a chance. The fact is he was just to kind hearted. Maybe when work picks up he will be back

The only difference with Ponzi over JT was he didn't have that "buddy" relationship with the Chosen ones. I can believe this

Mark would have been good given a chance. The fact is he was just to kind hearted. Maybe when work picks up he will be back

People in those positions do not get called back once they're gone. The only ones that get called back are the blue collars collecting unemployment so they are given a job or shift that they don't want but are forced to because they are threatened that their unemployment with be taken away if they refuse work. I'm sure Ponzi is pretty safe from that. He, like many are probably way to proud to come back to a company like this. He won't have any trouble finding a job.

Guest Third shift /no work

People in those positions do not get called back once they're gone. The only ones that get called back are the blue collars collecting unemployment so they are given a job or shift that they don't want but are forced to because they are threatened that their unemployment with be taken away if they refuse work. I'm sure Ponzi is pretty safe from that. He, like many are probably way to proud to come back to a company like this. He won't have any trouble finding a job.

Since Mark left EI , things have only changed for the worse. Come on Jay , wake up. One Sanmina is enough.

Guest paint it black

you guys sound like a bunch of whining imbeciles. If you don't like it there, quit. You're probably some of the fat, worthless cake eaters who do nothing but squabble and complain all day or night, and do nothing. Ponzi was an idiot, and was deservedly fired. No one at IBM, EI, Lockheed, or SSCI - people who have worked with him in the past - have anything good to say about him. Only the dim-witted maroons who speak of the "boys club" seem to be infatuated with him. Get off your 5xl cans and do some work, stop crying on bcvoice and being jealous, and maybe you can make something of your pathetic lives some day.

Oh yeah and merry x-mas.

Guest dim wit

you guys sound like a bunch of whining imbeciles. If you don't like it there, quit. You're probably some of the fat, worthless cake eaters who do nothing but squabble and complain all day or night, and do nothing. Ponzi was an idiot, and was deservedly fired. No one at IBM, EI, Lockheed, or SSCI - people who have worked with him in the past - have anything good to say about him. Only the dim-witted maroons who speak of the "boys club" seem to be infatuated with him. Get off your 5xl cans and do some work, stop crying on bcvoice and being jealous, and maybe you can make something of your pathetic lives some day.

Oh yeah and merry x-mas.

If you did your job he treated you well. When he found out what I was making , he himself went to H.R. and got me almost a $2.00 an hour raise. "Keep up the good work, there is more where that came from". No one else would have ever done that.

Merry Christmas

Guest java joe

If you did your job he treated you well. When he found out what I was making , he himself went to H.R. and got me almost a $2.00 an hour raise. "Keep up the good work, there is more where that came from". No one else would have ever done that.

Merry Christmas

Ponzi is a jerk, he couldn't cut it as a maintainance person at IBM so they made him a manager and he sucked at that to, and the only reason they gave him that position was they needed a hatchet man. He bragged about being an Army ranger but he must have taken too many jumps out of the airplane without a helmet. He struts around like a tough guy and tries to intimidate people but he just shows what an idiot he is.

Ponzi is a jerk, he couldn't cut it as a maintainance person at IBM so they made him a manager and he sucked at that to, and the only reason they gave him that position was they needed a hatchet man. He bragged about being an Army ranger but he must have taken too many jumps out of the airplane without a helmet. He struts around like a tough guy and tries to intimidate people but he just shows what an idiot he is.

Sounds like a typical Production Manager to me. So you're saying he was doing his job.

Guest guest-D.K

you guys sound like a bunch of whining imbeciles. Ponzi was an idiot, and was deservedly fired. No one at IBM, EI, Lockheed, or SSCI - people who have worked with him in the past - have anything good to say about him. Only the dim-witted maroons who speak of the "boys club" seem to be infatuated with him.

Your talking about a guy that worked for 3 major companies within the same building for over a 30 year career. You say nobody has anything good to say about him but the dim- witted maroons. Sorry to say but the dim- witted maroons are the working class at Sanmina,they are the majority. The "boys club" is the minority.The only reason the "boys club" still breathes and gets their overpaid checks is because of the hard working people giving their time to a place where the majority hasn't had a raise in 5 years. You have the gall to talk about the people who are working for you and then ask them to give up their family time to work weekends and holidays and expect them to to be grateful they have a job. Talk about a whining imbecile, there's no doubt you are one of those that Ponzi didn't see the shine in. You should be at work right now handing out little zip lock bags of candy to all those working on Christmas Eve right now on forced overtime so you can have the luxury of sitting home on your computer.

***hey H. R. department, this is exactly why the morale in your company sucks***

Your talking about a guy that worked for 3 major companies within the same building for over a 30 year career. You say nobody has anything good to say about him but the dim- witted maroons. Sorry to say but the dim- witted maroons are the working class at Sanmina,they are the majority. The "boys club" is the minority.The only reason the "boys club" still breathes and gets their overpaid checks is because of the hard working people giving their time to a place where the majority hasn't had a raise in 5 years. You have the gall to talk about the people who are working for you and then ask them to give up their family time to work weekends and holidays and expect them to to be grateful they have a job. Talk about a whining imbecile, there's no doubt you are one of those that Ponzi didn't see the shine in. You should be at work right now handing out little zip lock bags of candy to all those working on Christmas Eve right now on forced overtime so you can have the luxury of sitting home on your computer.

***hey H. R. department, this is exactly why the morale in your company sucks***

3 major companies within the same building for over a 30 year career?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alex S.

He was FIRED! He will NEVER be back! Kind hearted???? Really? tell that to the team leader he fired for no reason but for one of his "boys" telling him a lie!

Put down the crack pipe and step away please.

Archived