Section IV Bball Fianls needs to be moved

Guest Guest

The Arena is a terrible place to play High School Basketball. Why dont they move it to the events center over at BU? or even a neutral High School gym. This place is extremly tough for the basketball players to play. They all hate it and dont much like playing there. ALSO why dont they take that glass down it makes it hard for the fans to cheer for there team that they love. They should seriosly considering doing something about this.

The Arena seems to be popular with both the fans and the players from what I have seen as a fan...

Would like to here from others... Is the Arena a good venue for fans and players????

The Arena seems to be popular with both the fans and the players from what I have seen as a fan...

Would like to here from others... Is the Arena a good venue for fans and players????

Actually the players prefer the Event Center better. Its not so big and open. I as a fan don't like the Arena either. Too impersonal.

Seems like high school Gyms are to small. Besides the Events Center BU still has the West Gym. West Gym could be an option but I don't see what's so bad with the arena.

This place is extremly tough for the basketball players to play.

Ever see Hoosiers? The court is the same size as others. Why is this any tougher than Glens Falls where the states are? (which by the way, is a nearly identical arena with minor differences in the structuring.

They all hate it and dont much like playing there.

They ALL hate it? Can I see the data from your poll?

ALSO why dont they take that glass down it makes it hard for the fans to cheer for there team that they love.

Move up a few rows. 90% of the seats there have no issue with the glass when watching the game on the court.

Why would the events center want to host a Class D basketball game that is going to draw 200 spectators?

the should just pick a HS gym for the crowds they draw

the west gym would be a good place. fans at the arena are a lot farther from the game. the west gym would keep the high school feel and provide lots of seating

well not all players hate it but many of them dont like it...its too cold..the floor bounces differnt shooting is harder...also its a highschool basketball game we want to be up close we want to let our team know we are there for them not so far away...events center or west gym would be a good venue switch...

About 5 years ago the Arena was booked for something and some State early rounds were played in the West Gym... Seton Boys team played Cooperstown and several thousand people showed up... The game was sold out and several hunderd fans could not get in even with standing room only. On other occasions I have seen big crowds at the Arena... At least the Arena holds more than West Gym.

Guest Old School
Ever see Hoosiers? The court is the same size as others. Why is this any tougher than Glens Falls where the states are? (which by the way, is a nearly identical arena with minor differences in the structuring.

They ALL hate it? Can I see the data from your poll?

Move up a few rows. 90% of the seats there have no issue with the glass when watching the game on the court.

The reason many players would hate the Arena venue are twofold. First, the length of the court is 12 ft. longer, baseline to baseline, than many high school courts. If you're playing an evenly matched opponent conditioning becomes more important than last week's final against Deposit (just an example, chosen at random). Second, the backdrop behind the goal is not 8 ft. away for the 3-pt shooters, decorated in your team's colors. The Arena is a great place to watch a game, and a great place to compete for Sec.IV championships. The players know who was better and who wasn't.

Second, the backdrop behind the goal is not 8 ft. away for the 3-pt shooters, decorated in your team's colors.

I don't understand. Please explain as I am lost (I think).

i have played at the arena in binghamton as well as many others. all arenas are hard to shoot in because of the distance behind the back board. as an offensive player a new venue would be better for me, but its all part of the game

As a player I would much rather play at the events center.. i have played at both the elmira arena and bing. arena.. both are tough to shoot in.. i played in the event center over the summer.. the section finals should no doubt be at the event center

i have played at the arena in binghamton as well as many others. all arenas are hard to shoot in because of the distance behind the back board. as an offensive player a new venue would be better for me, but its all part of the game

finally, someone who gets it. we don't always get what we want. it's your job as an athlete to adapt to the conditions and don't whine about it. play where they tell you to play and forget about excuses.

finally, someone who gets it. we don't always get what we want. it's your job as an athlete to adapt to the conditions and don't whine about it. play where they tell you to play and forget about excuses.

amen. actually my team is going to the arena to play and we could not be more thrilled. the atmosphere at the arena is completely different from playing in another team's high school. of course the events center would be nice to play in, but there are other things going on and why move them when they've been played there for a while now?

Guest billy joe

they keep up the glass so fan clubs dont storm the court after their team wins...and all the players like playing there it gives them something to look forward to

they keep up the glass so fan clubs dont storm the court after their team wins.

Wrong. They keep the glass up because Section 4 won't pay the higher rent for the Arena crew to take down and then put back up the glass.

they keep up the glass so fan clubs dont storm the court after their team wins...and all the players like playing there it gives them something to look forward to

acutally they look forward to playing at the arena but dont like the court there they would much rather play at teh Events center on a REAL basketball court. ALSO everyone hates that glass section 4 should look into taking it down

Archived