And Broadus consideres himself a professional!?

Guest disgusted

I agree with you Oldschool its because Broadus knew not to have problems did he listen nope no one likes him no wonder people in the communty are leaving its because they want to have a intellgent coach a fair non sense coach who respects anyone and good sportsmanship the way i see it old school expect Broadus to be suspended without pay or fired for his temper and then BU President Deflure will defend Broadas as saying oh hes a great coach a great asset what a load of crap that would be stupid and unacceptble i think BU needs to go back to Dvid III why did they move to American Least in the first place Answer attention recongtion money and greed i hope people dont go to BU Games because Broadus is a bad influlence to everyone Broadus do us a favor resign pack your bags back to Georgetown and never come to BU ever again LOSER!

You could use a spellchecker and some punctuation.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calling us racists because we saw the confortation between Broadus and Will Brown i say Broadus was not provoked Will Brown was provoked we should suspend Broadus untill 2010 basketball season or BU Mens basketball forthfeit for 2 seasons and place on probation how do you like that?

With your grammer skills it's obvious you didn't graduate from anywhere.Will Brown was not involved in the "confortation" as you put it so get your facts straight before you speak.

Guest Brodaus needs to be fired
With your grammer skills it's obvious you didn't graduate from anywhere.Will Brown was not involved in the "confortation" as you put it so get your facts straight before you speak.
what are you the spelling police why dont you lump it

Guest waiting and watching
WHO CARES????

I do. As a BU graduate, I don't want my schools associated with this kind of behavior. It is not what the University is about nor should that type of behavior be tolerated. But if the concensus is who cares, my regular support of the BU funds dry up. Then again, who cares?

let's see what jim norris does now. how many years is it?

Guest Shut Up Idiot
I never used to have a problem with Kevin Broadus until i read this artical in the press and sun: http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...335/1003/SPORTS

Is he serious? he claims his profession is for professionals and by the comments the albany coach made he crossed boundaries, but the fact that he went public about the issue made him seem like a jerk and the most unprofessional coach out there! If your a head coach you should know by now that you need to have tough skin in this business, and Broadus just seems to be giving binghamton a bad name.

In fact i personally thought the opposing coach's comments were over-whelmingly true!

grow up Broadus, or leave!

First off you're telling me Binghamton doesn't already have a bad name? I knew some people that lived in NYC and heard how great an academic school BU was. The problem is they heard the bad rep about the Binghamton area in general and decided to get their schooling elsewhere. Secondly Broadus was only sticking up for his players. Take your DELETED someplace else because no one wants to hear it DELETED.

Guest Old School

It doesn't reflect well on the integrity of the university when the AD was willing to give a free pass one day, then opts for a suspension the next. I can't tell if the suspension was driven by the outrage of the alumni, or at the behest of the league, but the AD should have taken care of it on day one. The breakdown of standards of conduct has occurred incrementally, and it's up to educational institutions to hold the line. Intercollegiate athletics should be a source of pride for the student body, the faculty, and alumni. This coach's behavior is a source of embarrassment for all!!!

Guest Guest

This whole thing between Broadus and the Albany coaches is a scam. Their all just trying to start a heated rivalary between the 2 schools. Next weekend the place will be packed with BU fans screaming at Albany.

The whole incident is to put butts in the seats at the events center.

Guest I dare you
I never used to have a problem with Kevin Broadus until i read this artical in the press and sun: http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...335/1003/SPORTS

Is he serious? he claims his profession is for professionals and by the comments the albany coach made he crossed boundaries, but the fact that he went public about the issue made him seem like a jerk and the most unprofessional coach out there! If your a head coach you should know by now that you need to have tough skin in this business, and Broadus just seems to be giving binghamton a bad name.

In fact i personally thought the opposing coach's comments were over-whelmingly true!

grow up Broadus, or leave!

If Broadus is thugged out like you make him to be, then maybe next time BU and Albany face each other Broadus will shoot the other coach :blink:

Guest Guest

I love the politics of the situation. The BU AD says he doesnt feel the school should suspend Broadus over his actions. Then the next day he suspends him. He was at the game so there was no question of what happened. Can you explain that? Dont tell me he had to investigate...HE WAS THERE.

Guest Colonal Joe
I love the politics of the situation. The BU AD says he doesnt feel the school should suspend Broadus over his actions. Then the next day he suspends him. He was at the game so there was no question of what happened. Can you explain that? Dont tell me he had to investigate...HE WAS THERE.

i say he should been suspended without pay untill next season or fire him!!!! that thug braodas made our univerity an DELETED out of ourselves and as for the Athetics Director how dare you suspended him for one game thats just weak a real AD would suspended him without pay untill further notice but noooo you are scared so do us a favor Bradus eather behave and act like a real coach and we pay your demanded 205,000 a year pay or pack up and go back to Georgetown where you come from you damn THUG!

Guest Guest

If they suspended him for more than 1 game of fired him... AL SHARPTON would have been here in a New York minute trying to make it into a racist thing!!!!

Guest Colonal Jack
If they suspended him for more than 1 game of fired him... AL SHARPTON would have been here in a New York minute trying to make it into a racist thing!!!!

sharpton and bradus are the same bunch of DELETED thugs who want attention i dont care if Sharpton moans and groans its the truth Broadus should of have been suspended without pay or fired if the stupid AD wasnt for intrest groups and being a total DELETED he should have said in a statement due to Mr Bradus inappproate behavor we decided to suspended Mr Bradus without pay untill further notice and a interm coach would be appointed to take his place what about that

Guest King Rice Fan
sharpton and bradus are the same bunch of DELETED thugs who want attention i dont care if Sharpton moans and groans its the truth Broadus should of have been suspended without pay or fired if the stupid AD wasnt for intrest groups and being a total DELETED he should have said in a statement due to Mr Bradus inappproate behavor we decided to suspended Mr Bradus without pay untill further notice and a interm coach would be appointed to take his place what about that

King Rice would have handled himself so much better in this situation if he was the BU Head Coach.

3718.jpg

Guest Guest
King Rice would have handled himself so much better in this situation if he was the BU Head Coach.

3718.jpg

Is this the same King Rice who wins wherever he goes? The same King Rice that played for the legendary Dean Smith and current Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams? The same King Rice that led BHS to a NYS Basketball Championship? The same King Rice that is currently an assistant coach on Vanderbilt? The same Vanderbilt team that knocked off the #1 team in the country? Well, according to the BU athletic director King Rice wasn't qualified for the job.

Guest Guest 77
Is this the same King Rice who wins wherever he goes? The same King Rice that played for the legendary Dean Smith and current Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams? The same King Rice that led BHS to a NYS Basketball Championship? The same King Rice that is currently an assistant coach on Vanderbilt? The same Vanderbilt team that knocked off the #1 team in the country? Well, according to the BU athletic director King Rice wasn't qualified for the job.
Yeah, according to the AD, King Rice had some anger issues. Hmmmm. How ironic

Guest Old School

"After further Review", and reading all subsequent posts, my opinion remains the same. Coach Broadus attempted to inspire his players by exaggerating an opponents post-game verbage. Following through, he compounded his original mistake by attempting to incite an altercation with the UA coaching staff. Backed off the moment he got a response and attempted to point the finger at the other guy. Probably assumed as many times as it would fill the stands in the DC area, the same tactic would work @ Podunk U. The attempt to fabricate a rivalry on the basketball court has failed miserably. BU, and before that moniker SUNY Binghamton, and before that moniker Harper college, draw their pride amongst students, faculty and alumni from the success of the University as an academic institution. Other Universities have sought to raise their market share with increased exposure of the athletic programs, and lost their academic integrity. Moving forward, if BU wants a B-ball team on TV in the middle of march getting their butts kicked by a statewide University campus center from the Big Ten, they hired the right guy. I'd prefer BU maintained their academic, and conduct, standards. I'm also confused when, or in which connotation, the term "thug" began to imply racism. Many years ago the term would have an antecedent such as "Irish", or "Italian", or "Polish", or "Russian". Does using the term "thug" in 2008 automatically assume a person of "color"???

Guest Jimmy Boeheim
"After further Review", and reading all subsequent posts, my opinion remains the same. Coach Broadus attempted to inspire his players by exaggerating an opponents post-game verbage. Following through, he compounded his original mistake by attempting to incite an altercation with the UA coaching staff. Backed off the moment he got a response and attempted to point the finger at the other guy. Probably assumed as many times as it would fill the stands in the DC area, the same tactic would work @ Podunk U. The attempt to fabricate a rivalry on the basketball court has failed miserably. BU, and before that moniker SUNY Binghamton, and before that moniker Harper college, draw their pride amongst students, faculty and alumni from the success of the University as an academic institution. Other Universities have sought to raise their market share with increased exposure of the athletic programs, and lost their academic integrity. Moving forward, if BU wants a B-ball team on TV in the middle of march getting their butts kicked by a statewide University campus center from the Big Ten, they hired the right guy. I'd prefer BU maintained their academic, and conduct, standards. I'm also confused when, or in which connotation, the term "thug" began to imply racism. Many years ago the term would have an antecedent such as "Irish", or "Italian", or "Polish", or "Russian". Does using the term "thug" in 2008 automatically assume a person of "color"???

Did anybody else notice the AD get right in Broadus's face after the incident? He was clearly trying to talk to Broadus and Broadus just brushed him off.

Guest home 54 guest 66
Did anybody else notice the AD get right in Broadus's face after the incident? He was clearly trying to talk to Broadus and Broadus just brushed him off.

Guest Guest-Warner-*

Good luck on Saturday W/Vermont!!!!!! There are alot of fans that KNOW , all of you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Vermont #1
Good luck on Saturday W/Vermont!!!!!! There are alot of fans that KNOW , all of you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go Vermont beat BU big time!!

Give me half the money he makes and I'd still have a better win record. ,And I still think it would have been a much better idea to seek out and offer King Rice the coaching job.

Archived