Tenants and showers

Guest Guessts

You don't like the neighbor's noise on the other side of the wall? You want to set the rules for when people in the building can do laundry? No problem! Buy your OWN single family house. Problem solved. Can't afford it? Guess what? You won't have the choices you'd like until you can afford your own home. You may have to give things up(liquor, cigs, whatever), cut back spending to save money, get a second job, or whatever. But, if you really want to have the final say concerning the timing of water usage, door opening, people walking above, or whatever, you'll have to get your own home somehow.

Wow Stretch. Is this the high-lite of your day?

I'm sure Mabel will be glad.

Oh, and we do, it's a Townhouse. Can't hear anything from our neighbors except a lot of -- "more more more" all the time....LMAO you figure it out...gotta love it...for real...we don't know if it's that monkey Sleepless is always talking about or that bunch of trolls on the loose again.

Ah, what's the point.

Go take a shower and who cares as long as the odor goes away.

Guest Guest
Commonsense must prevail when living in an apt. bldg.

When you live in a bldg., with other apt.'s and you decide your showers are to be 5:30 AM every day, did it ever occur to you that when that water runs the sound goes through the whole bldg. waking everyone up every single day. Same with a washer, little consideration would be nice.

I guess for me I never understood people showering in the morning anyway, does that mean you crawl into bed dirty at night?

Maybe the person has to be to work at 7am and they would like to be clean? Good Lord. Some people will complain about anything and everything.

A bit of a different post, but after thinking about it, I guess it makes sense.

It all depends on the building if its several apts. or two family. When a bldg. is old sounds are much worse if something were built long ago standards were different and supplies different.

No one is the winner as I see it after reading all of the posts. Some right some not so right.

Our day or night clocks are not set at the same time as far as a job etc.

All in all common sense must be the rule if intertwined with others in a building.

I think the answer to the long shower real early would be for a people like that to be aware of sound and do what you have a right to do, you pay rent too,just do it while being thoughtful and shorten it up. Being awakend for a short time is not the same as being awakened for almost an hour.

Guest Guest
You don't like the neighbor's noise on the other side of the wall? You want to set the rules for when people in the building can do laundry? No problem! Buy your OWN single family house. Problem solved. Can't afford it? Guess what? You won't have the choices you'd like until you can afford your own home. You may have to give things up(liquor, cigs, whatever), cut back spending to save money, get a second job, or whatever.

You logic is applicable to only about half of the population. What about the other half? What about the endless millions of people who live in cities? Tell that to people in NYC and they will assume your argument is some kind of joke.

Guest Guest

I live in a building with paper thin walls, I can hear my neighbor downstairs getting ready for work, I can hear my neighbors next door having sex. That is the price you pay for living in a building. I have lived here for two years and I'm used to about every noise that is made and I can sleep right through it. I also keep in mind if I can hear all that then I can just imagine what they hear in my apartment. The only time I have ever complained was when the dog downstairs just kept barking non stop, but I delt with that for about three hours before I complained. To complain about people taking showers is just pathetic.

If the biggest noise complaint you have from your neighbors is 'showering', then you really are just a cranky sob with nothing better to do. Try sleeping with a fan on in your room, it'll drown out most other ambient noise.

Personally, I think the OP needs to realize that poeple have all sorts of different lives and do different tasks at different times, and they need to respect that. I am one of the night dweller people who work third shift (by choice). My time of day for sleeping is during the late morning to late afternoon, a time at which a lot of other people make a lot of noise outside, especially on nice days... things like lawn mowing, weed eaters running, leaf blowers, chainsaws, kids playing, etc.... I don't seem to have a problem deaing with it, and I certainly don't expect people NOT to do those things in my neighborhood just because it's my time to sleep.... if you can't stand having someone use the shower that they pay rent to use just as well as you do, then too bad, either find a creative way to deal with it, or move to another apartment... may I suggest a stand alone unit or a garage apartment that is seperated from any other tenants.... Or better yet as someone else already wrote, maybe get your own place (as I do).

As far as comparing living in the sub-urb area around here and the city... why even bring it up.... there are choices here you don't have in the city, so they are not comparible... For the Towne House dwellars, having neighbors on the other side of the wall is a fact of life when you make the choice to live in a townhouse setting..... Again, if you have issues then, deal with it or move to a more suitable setting.

Guest Guest
As far as comparing living in the sub-urb area around here and the city... why even bring it up.... there are choices here you don't have in the city, so they are not comparible...

It certainly is comparable. A poster was trying to say people who don't like noise should buy a house. I merely pointed out the flaw in his/her logic by referencing a huge percentage of the population that lives in cities where only a small number can afford houses. Thus, his/her argument is now defeated.

It certainly is comparable. A poster was trying to say people who don't like noise should buy a house. I merely pointed out the flaw in his/her logic by referencing a huge percentage of the population that lives in cities where only a small number can afford houses. Thus, his/her argument is now defeated.

Their argument is not defeated.... they could move out of the city where houses and land are cheaper and buy a house... but living in Broome County and living in a big city like NYC are still not comparable.... There probably are not a lot of single set garage apartments in Brooklyn or Downtown NYC as compared to areas of Bing, JC, Endicott, etc..... apples to oranges... must disagree.....

but then again... i'm just ACiD

Well, some with my same feelings,home today from work and I have one of those shower people.

Here's my take. I don't have to get up until 6:35 AM. The tenant below me takes a 5:15 AM shower every morning, here's the kicker, she takes a 40 minute shower,I kid you not, my sleep is done totally by then, so I lose that extra sleep every single day for no good reason.

I guess in order to get away from this or any other kind of problems (which luckily I don't have here here,) you have to own a house of your own. Until then, by the time I get to work I feel I have already put in a half day, it catches up with you let me tell you.

Maybe your neighbor is a nurse or works in a hospital.....she would have to probably be at work by 7AM (standard hospital shift)....not everyone works 8-4:30 or 9-5

Guest IDGAF

But, we're talking about here. Broome County, where homes can be purchased for a low price. There are hundreds of affordable houses here. Yes, in a real city, people don't have those choices. But, in a real city, people don't post about other people taking a shower in the next apartment...........

Guest Guest
Commonsense must prevail when living in an apt. bldg.

When you live in a bldg., with other apt.'s and you decide your showers are to be 5:30 AM every day, did it ever occur to you that when that water runs the sound goes through the whole bldg. waking everyone up every single day. Same with a washer, little consideration would be nice.

I guess for me I never understood people showering in the morning anyway, does that mean you crawl into bed dirty at night?

You live in an apartment, get use to it. This reminds me of some old lady I had as a neighbor once, she would pound on my wall no matter what time i took a shower, so whenever she took a shower I would flush the toilet LOL. I told the landlord about it and she left, crazy fruitcake.

Archived