Seton Girls B-Ball

Guest Guest

Guest Old School
What a dominating performance by the girls Friday. They have the potential to win states.
They certainly have the potential with the right mix of size, experience, ball-handling , and good coaching. At this point in their season they have not faced the level of competition they will see in the Final Four. However, most of the girls have in AAU ball over the summer. To go all the way, this group will need a healthy dose of grit and determination, and a little luck. The Lady Saints must believe in themselves to win States, and not fall apart when they get challenged. Good luck Saints!!!

Guest Seton Student
Seton is the only local team that can recruit players, which they have done. Given that, it is not such a great accomplishment.

Recruit players??? I go to Seton, and 4 of the five starters have gone to catholic schools their whole life. Unless they were recruiting 1st graders your post is sensless. All five of the boys starters have gone to catholic schools their whole life... good post though

Guest Guest

Wrong. M-E can also recruit players. Krowiak lives in the UE district, but played for M-E. Actually any school can take kids from other districts - if they pay the tuition.

Guest guest

Recruit!!!! The 5th player's mother specifically was telling people that her "daughter" was recruited by Seton a couple of years ago, I am sure she was being honest because you know there are no lies told here

Guest Guest

Hawkes was definitely and CV kid and was recruited and without her they would not be section IV champions. The 4 other starters are good, but not good enough. Hawkes put them over the top! Unfortunately CV may have won a state championship last year if they had her. I still wish Seton the best of luck! Be the Spartan Nation in Cortland on Friday!

Guest guest
I believe she started in Kindergarten in Catholic School, then went to CV when St. Catherine closed.

There is no knock on the Hawkes girls as she is a class act, but the post was does Seton upgrade with recruits. In this case the only answer is yes. I am not sure that it is any worse than what many public schools have done, but still an obvious upgrade after this fine young basketball player played modified and a year of JV's at CV and then transfered. I don't blame the family or SCC and wish them the best of luck in the run for States.

Guest Guest
There is no knock on the Hawkes girls as she is a class act, but the post was does Seton upgrade with recruits. In this case the only answer is yes. I am not sure that it is any worse than what many public schools have done, but still an obvious upgrade after this fine young basketball player played modified and a year of JV's at CV and then transfered. I don't blame the family or SCC and wish them the best of luck in the run for States.

Get over it CV. The girl did not want to play for you or go to your high school. Your varsity coach is a joke who thinks he is dean smith. If this guy doesn't resign soon, look for many more to head to SCC for school/basketball

Archived