Is Fiala more concerned with Hillary's campaign than her own?

Guest Trump

With all due respect, is Broome's County Executive more concerned with Hillary's Presidential campaign than her own reelection?

Fiala, who's name appeared in voting booths yesterday as a Clinton delegate, has been touting Clintons experience to local media outlets. Respectfully, shouldn't Mrs. Fiala focus on her own reelection campaign?

Joe Cawleys County Court victory in 2007 proved that democrats aren't invincible.

Futhermore, Mrs. Fiala barely defeated Jeff Kraham in 2004, her primary victory was even closer.

Fiala may have a sizable warchest, but she is sadly mistaken if she thinks money can buy elections.. After all, this is 2008, and "change" is in the air.

With all due respect, is Broome's County Executive more concerned with Hillary's Presidential campaign than her own reelection?

Fiala, who's name appeared in voting booths yesterday as a Clinton delegate, has been touting Clintons experience to local media outlets. Respectfully, shouldn't Mrs. Fiala focus on her own reelection campaign?

Joe Cawleys County Court victory in 2007 proved that democrats aren't invincible.

Futhermore, Mrs. Fiala barely defeated Jeff Kraham in 2004, her primary victory was even closer.

Fiala may have a sizable warchest, but she is sadly mistaken if she thinks money can buy elections.. After all, this is 2008, and "change" is in the air.

She's a piece of work anything to better her

position by hobb knobbing for a monetary gain! Thats how she works and NASTY......I've watched her weave her webs to get even with people she doesn't like! It's her way or no way.

Babs goes around telling everyone what a very good friend of Hillarys she is which isn't true. Maybe Babs is buckin for a job in the Clinton White House if Clinton becomes President

Babs goes around telling everyone what a very good friend of Hillarys she is which isn't true. Maybe Babs is buckin for a job in the Clinton White House if Clinton becomes President

Maybe she is just working for and supporting a candidate that she thinks will be good for our country. Ever think of that? You DELETED jokers think that when someone has a job in government that that means they should do nothing else.

What do you ******** do with your time off? sit around here and whine? what do you do to support your candidate? Nothing I assume.

Yep, they just sit around and DELETED on their computer and when they can not get it up anymore *which is after once) they come on the Voice and whine about other people who actually do things in the world.

Guest just looking

Fiala has a relative who works at DSS who DELETED. Now that must be a real productive workplace! not enough to do and not-so-nice family values. Don't think Hiliary would go for that! again!

Fiala has a relative who works at DSS who DELETED. Now that must be a real productive workplace! not enough to do and not-so-nice family values. Don't think Hiliary would go for that! again!

certainly more of a productive workplace than ed's. he has posted more then 20,000 times on online fourmes during work hours. WOW!

Guest Bored in Binghamton

I would think she is looking for another job. I would hope Broome county isn't foolish enough to vote her in again but then again the Giants won the super bowl - stranger things have happened

Maybe she is just working for and supporting a candidate that she thinks will be good for our country. Ever think of that? You DELETED jokers think that when someone has a job in government that that means they should do nothing else.

What do you ******** do with your time off? sit around here and whine? what do you do to support your candidate? Nothing I assume.

Calm down pal. If Barb Fiala feels promoting Hillary is a valuable way of spending her time, then all the more power to her. I mean that honestly and with sincerity.

I personally feel that Mrs. Fiala is more concerned "politics" and less concerned with "government". Her record reflects a whole lot of rhetoric and little action. I admit I voted for Mrs. Fiala in 2004. However in 2008, I see no compelling reason to keep her in office. The one thing I've agreed with her on is the tobacco settlement money... If she fought half as hard for the George Harvey Justice Building as she's fighting for Hillary, the damn building would be renovated by now!

Guest Rushlike

Fiala is part of a small group of Democratic women who all think they are the next Hillary. They get together at little meetings and praise each other. Hopefully the voters will catch on as they did in the last County Clerk race when one of the I wanna be like Hillary Club members failed to move on. Vestal is still trying to recover.

Calm down pal. If Barb Fiala feels promoting Hillary is a valuable way of spending her time, then all the more power to her. I mean that honestly and with sincerity.

I personally feel that Mrs. Fiala is more concerned "politics" and less concerned with "government". Her record reflects a whole lot of rhetoric and little action. I admit I voted for Mrs. Fiala in 2004. However in 2008, I see no compelling reason to keep her in office. The one thing I've agreed with her on is the tobacco settlement money... If she fought half as hard for the George Harvey Justice Building as she's fighting for Hillary, the damn building would be renovated by now!

and if you had someone else in there the harvey building would not have been done at all.

Fiala is part of a small group of Democratic women who all think they are the next Hillary. They get together at little meetings and praise each other. Hopefully the voters will catch on as they did in the last County Clerk race when one of the I wanna be like Hillary Club members failed to move on. Vestal is still trying to recover.

OUCH!!! Hey Barb that one Hurt!!!!! You forgot do nothing Margret Coffey!

Is Mikealina Najarian one of the group? :rolleyes:

Two years later, we're still waiting..

and if someone else were there - the wait would be forever, as the project would never have happened.

better late - than not at all.

at least that is my opinion

Actually, my opinion fell squarely in the middle. I thought we could do the technology building and harvey at the same time with the money - but babs had other plans. Maybe she was right, maybe I was. who knows. I, like you, just want the job completed howevr, so it will start saving us money - which it will indeed do.

• 2 weeks later...

Barb Fiala is all about networking. If there's something in it for or someone who can get her someplace, then she's all for it. She's in tight with Spitzer, who after getting the phone call to do something for her son, awarded him with a nice board position at BU. The Fialas are typical cases of getting where you want to be by WHO you know over WHAT you know. So if Barb thinks there's something better for her by getting Hil in office, Barb will do what it takes to get Hil in office.

Barb had a short memory after the Democratic Primary. Garo Kachadourian got her the Independence endorsement and if it had not been for him she would not have won the primary! It was such a close primary (less then 20 votes) Barb couldn't have done it without him. Garo could have helped Vince Pasquale and maybe he should have he would've had something to show for it. Looking at Barb Fiala back then she placed people who did the least. No one did more for her than Garo.

I am Garo's relative I know what he did for her. All she did was place her friends in paying positions. To Barb.........Garo wasn't good enough only for her to get her way. Used him? You decided?

Barb had a very short memory after Garo came through for her!

Barb had a short memory after the Democratic Primary. Garo Kachadourian got her the Independence endorsement and if it had not been for him she would not have won the primary! It was such a close primary (less then 20 votes) Barb couldn't have done it without him. Garo could have helped Vince Pasquale and maybe he should have he would've had something to show for it. Looking at Barb Fiala back then she placed people who did the least. No one did more for her than Garo.

I am Garo's relative I know what he did for her. All she did was place her friends in paying positions. To Barb.........Garo wasn't good enough only for her to get her way. Used him? You decided?

I meant the endorsement Garo helpr her recieve was for the general election, which also was close without it she would have lost! Garo still helped her get by the primary as well.

Barb Fiala didn't run on the independence Line when she ran for County Executive in 2004. You can look it up at the Board of Elections.

www.gobroomecounty.com

Click on Board of Elections

Click on 2004 General Election Results

Barb Fiala didn't run on the independence Line when she ran for County Executive in 2004. You can look it up at the Board of Elections.

www.gobroomecounty.com

Click on Board of Elections

Click on 2004 General Election Results

Garo helped her with the general election I'm sorry I was wrong. He help someone else, I think it was John Bernardo to get the indendence line ?

Archived