Remember my Polka Review?

Guest Bill Flynn

Guest Leslie

Bill Flynn is the greatest, a class act. It is amazing that for all the people he meets, he never forgets a name. We've gone on several of his bus trips, they are loads of fun. He makes sure that everyone has a great time.

Guest Guest

A few things:

1. There are some truely talented polka musicians. I'm not a big fan, but some of these guys can blow their "horns": trumpets, clarinets, and other instruments, like nobody's business!!!

2. Polka is ethnic music, no one is trying to "make a difference" or "challenge the norm." It's a cultural tradition about having fun and dancing to an actual band, that has a bunch of varying musical instruments. It's not meant to be all-encompassing, introspective, values-challenging type of music. A good time is had by all.

My parants are two from an endless line of people who had the honor of knowing Bill Flynn. If only there were more people like him in the world!

Polka just never caught on with the younger generation. It's the way of the world ... something gained always results in something lost.

Guest Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A few things:

1. There are some truely talented polka musicians. I'm not a big fan, but some of these guys can blow their "horns": trumpets, clarinets, and other instruments, like nobody's business!!!

2. Polka is ethnic music, no one is trying to "make a difference" or "challenge the norm." It's a cultural tradition about having fun and dancing to an actual band, that has a bunch of varying musical instruments. It's not meant to be all-encompassing, introspective, values-challenging type of music. A good time is had by all.

My parants are two from an endless line of people who had the honor of knowing Bill Flynn. If only there were more people like him in the world!

Polka just never caught on with the younger generation. It's the way of the world ... something gained always results in something lost.

Too bad the younger generation do not like polkas! Such a great time we have had for many years - polka music is happy music! When we died who will carry on the polkas????? It is great happy music!!

I too remember the Sundays of listening to the Polka music. I am a fan of all music and enjoy listening to any and all kinds. It was a slower paced time when we had ethnic groups in the area and they were happy to listen to their kind of music. Slovok and Polish people had their radios tuned to Bill Flynn on Sundays and could reflect on times back in the old country.

Archived