2008 New York Yankees

Guest Joe Girardi

Guest Joe Girardi
I know it's still very early, but I really like what I see so far. I'm really looking forward to this season. The young arms are going to be fun to watch and the offense looks like they came into spring training in great shape. Abreu and Damon look fantastic and have obviously worked hard over the offseason. Jeter, A-Rod, Posada, Matsui, Giambi and Cano I think are going to have above average seasons. Do they have enough to catch the Red Sox. Probably not, but another wild card is certainly possible. What happens in the postseason is anybodys guess. Should be a fun year. I think more so than the last previous ones. Add all of this to Hank Steinbrenner giving the NY Media front and back page headlines for years to come. Go Yanks!

Guest I hate BCvoice whiners
I know it's still very early, but I really like what I see so far. I'm really looking forward to this season. The young arms are going to be fun to watch and the offense looks like they came into spring training in great shape. Abreu and Damon look fantastic and have obviously worked hard over the offseason. Jeter, A-Rod, Posada, Matsui, Giambi and Cano I think are going to have above average seasons. Do they have enough to catch the Red Sox. Probably not, but another wild card is certainly possible. What happens in the postseason is anybodys guess. Should be a fun year. I think more so than the last previous ones. Add all of this to Hank Steinbrenner giving the NY Media front and back page headlines for years to come. Go Yanks!

Sorry dude the mets are definitely the team to look out for this year :rolleyes:

If I were a Yankees fan, I wouldn't be so quick to call other teams out for choking..... :lol:

At least the Yankees made it to the first round of the playoffs last year. Where were the Mets, that were in first place most of the season?

Guest Chris Long
DELETED :angry:

Are Yankee fans now bragging that they made it to the first round? The highest paid team in baseball history makes it to the first round and then choke once again. This team is a bunch of guys that can't get it done when it counts. Not one guy on that team steps up when they need the crucial hit or the big game on teh hill.

Perhaps Justin Chamberlain and Phil Hughes could begin tp change that, but until they get some guys that can swing the bat when it counts, it'll be another dissapointing season!!

Guest Never be another Cal
Are Yankee fans now bragging that they made it to the first round? The highest paid team in baseball history makes it to the first round and then choke once again. This team is a bunch of guys that can't get it done when it counts. Not one guy on that team steps up when they need the crucial hit or the big game on teh hill.

Perhaps Justin Chamberlain and Phil Hughes could begin tp change that, but until they get some guys that can swing the bat when it counts, it'll be another dissapointing season!!

Ceratinly they lack the big game hitter, but lets not forget this staff is also without an ace where Boston and Toronto certainly do. I hate the Sox, but there is no pitcher I'd rather have than Beckett. As a sickened Oriole fan, I think Toront has a good shot of keeping it close if they stay healthy and no matter what, I think Boston is still easily the best team in the division and in all of baseball for that matter.

Guest sid breem

damon couldn't throw out wheelchair bound person from scoring. he can't even reach the cutoff man. Achoke will hit .320, 50HR and 135 RBI and hit .089 in the postseason if they are lucky enough to make the playoffs. fortunatley for him they won't even sniff a playoff spot.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

96-98-99-2000 ...

World Champions

Real chokers aren't they ? How many years in a row have they been in the playoffs now ? 13 years - 14 years straight ... 4 Titles / 6 World series appearances . No other team can come close to claiming that - ever - except ... That's right - several other YANKEE teams.

They may not win it this year - but they will be right there - AGAIN. That you can count on. As a fan - what more can you ask of your team. You got to be in it to win it ...

See you in October - The elusive #27 is there for the taking.

THE NEW YORK YANKEES : Where players become legends.

Guest Guest
96-98-99-2000 ...

World Champions

Real chokers aren't they ? How many years in a row have they been in the playoffs now ? 13 years - 14 years straight ... 4 Titles / 6 World series appearances . No other team can come close to claiming that - ever - except ... That's right - several other YANKEE teams.

They may not win it this year - but they will be right there - AGAIN. That you can count on. As a fan - what more can you ask of your team. You got to be in it to win it ...

See you in October - The elusive #27 is there for the taking.

THE NEW YORK YANKEES : Where players become legends.

At least Yankee fans don't live in the past.

With what upgrade to their daunted starting staff that was supossed to win it in 01,02,03,04,05,06 and 07 will #27 be theres for the taking?

If you shills really think Hughes and Kennedy are upgrades to the rotation of last year and are going to take them to the promised land then you must hang out with Michael Kay a little too much because that team is NO better than last years squad.

Oh wait, my bad they signed LaTroy Hawkins and Chris Woodward. Print the Series tickets now.

The 2008 Yanks who got spanked by the Tribe last year in the NLDS because of their lack of an ace and pitching depth are the team to beat once again folks. Never mind Toronto has better arms as well as Boston who not only has a better staff but just as good as a lineup should not even be on the radar. As usual it's the Yanks to win it all in 2008

Guest WOW THIS GUYS AN IDIOT

With what upgrade to their daunted starting staff that was supossed to win it in 01,02,03,04,05,06 and 07 will #27 be theres for the taking?

If you shills really think Hughes and Kennedy are upgrades to the rotation of last year and are going to take them to the promised land then you must hang out with Michael Kay a little too much because that team is NO better than last years squad.

Oh wait, my bad they signed LaTroy Hawkins and Chris Woodward. Print the Series tickets now.

The 2008 Yanks who got spanked by the Tribe last year in the NLDS because of their lack of an ace and pitching depth are the team to beat once again folks. Never mind Toronto has better arms as well as Boston who not only has a better staff but just as good as a lineup should not even be on the radar. As usual it's the Yanks to win it all in 2008

WOW you had a good going until you said the NLDS you idiot. You don't even know what division the yanks and the TRIBE are in. Get ur facts straight and stop talking

Guest NYStinks

Yankee fans don't live in the past :huh: Are you kidding :angry: Worse yet, Yankee fans always talk about their stupid world series victories and act as if they were out on the field for all of them :blink: So tell me how did you contribute to the last world series victory? That's what I thought, shut up and watch the game in your lazy boy and quit thinking what if I was on the field or "if I was on the field I could do this" cause you can't do

DELETED :angry: New York fans always act as if they are better than everyone, when in reality it's the in state that deserves praise not the DELETED losers in the stands. New York fans are the worst as well when it comes to staying faithful to your team. I wonder how many more Giants fans there were when people found out the team was going to the superbowl :huh::angry::blink:

Guest Guest

Yankee fans are still in denial that this squad in any way is teh clutch hitting team of yesteryear! You are the most successful baseball team in history, but does that make you feel better knowing that the highest paid team in basbeall history hasn't won anything in many years and that success is based ona couple key guys being juiced up.

This team now is just terrible in teh clutch. Not one player is worth a damn when you need them to be..... 27 isn't coming anytime soon and I think they are at best the fouth or fifth best team in the AL...

Guest Joe Lefebvre

The true NY YANKEE / NY GIANT combo - fans are as "diehard" as they come. In my opinion, real YANKEE-GIANT fans are the most knowledgable Baseball/Football fans in the world. Yeah - there are "woodwork" fans who come out when one or the other team wins a championship - but you get that with any team.

YANKEE Haters are what bother me the most. No team affiliation, just haters. Those clowns tend to be low class, no knowledge punks that drag this website down to their poverty level - both financially and intellectually.

Post & act with a little class and sports knowledge - then people might take you seriously.

Or just keep hatin - and let me know how that works out for you.

Guest Guest
The true NY YANKEE / NY GIANT combo - fans are as "diehard" as they come. In my opinion, real YANKEE-GIANT fans are the most knowledgable Baseball/Football fans in the world. Yeah - there are "woodwork" fans who come out when one or the other team wins a championship - but you get that with any team.

YANKEE Haters are what bother me the most. No team affiliation, just haters. Those clowns tend to be low class, no knowledge punks that drag this website down to their poverty level - both financially and intellectually.

Post & act with a little class and sports knowledge - then people might take you seriously.

Or just keep hatin - and let me know how that works out for you.

People might take you seriously if you quit posting the same crap about #27 is theirs for the taking while in denial that a team that fell short ONCE again because of the lack of pitching FAILED once again come crunch time. Yet you continue to keep telling is that this pinstripe pride and tradition crap means so much yet they get waxed every year come October the last 7 years.

I'm still waiting as to what improvements to that ok staff at best known as The Yanks made to get them over that hump that keeps plaguing them come playoff time. LaTroy Hawkins?

Guest Guest
People might take you seriously if you quit posting the same crap about #27 is theirs for the taking while in denial that a team that fell short ONCE again because of the lack of pitching FAILED once again come crunch time. Yet you continue to keep telling is that this pinstripe pride and tradition crap means so much yet they get waxed every year come October the last 7 years.

I'm still waiting as to what improvements to that ok staff at best known as The Yanks made to get them over that hump that keeps plaguing them come playoff time. LaTroy Hawkins?

DOn't knock the pitching alone!!! This team has not one guy that you can count on when it counts at the plate. Jeter is the most overrated player in history!! A quality guy that plays games, but his fielding is terrible and his clutch hits are a thing that was last seen when Clinton was president!!!!!!!!! We are a mess and I am scared not only of Boston, but also of the Jays!!

Archived