Reaganisms

NY Patriot

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.'

- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'

- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

< BR>

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

- Ronald Reagan

Guest Guest

President Ronald Wilson Reagan, without doubt, the greatest president of my lifetime. Thank you for the 'Reaganisms'. They brought back fond memories of an eight year period in my life that were very happy.

Unfortunately, there will NEVER be another like him. He was one of a kind, unique, and highly underrated.

Guest Hillary

President Ronald Wilson Reagan, without doubt, the greatest president of my lifetime. Thank you for the 'Reaganisms'. They brought back fond memories of an eight year period in my life that were very happy.

Unfortunately, there will NEVER be another like him. He was one of a kind, unique, and highly underrated.

[/

I agree. Todays candidates pall in comparison to the great Reagan. The A@E channell did a lenghthy nationwide poll and the Gipper was the greatest president ever.

agreed

you guys forgot the quote reagan used the most. " I DON'T RECALL". seems like when he is under oath about something illegal he's not so articulate. nobody has ever used that phrase more when questioned than your hero. what a great american!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe we could think of other things he could have said. like, "i have no understanding of basic economics, nor do i care about people. i will pump up the economy by borrowing money that will have to be paid back after i'm dead. that way people will experience prosperity at their grandchildrens expense. who cares. i'm senile anyway. i sleep through meetings. of course i can't recall exactly what happened. bill clinton, although a scumbag, will bail me out on the defecit. i perputrated the greatest financial hoax of all time on the american people and most of them are so dumb they don't even know it. they just care about themselves. i preyed upon that. remember, when your back's against the wall, just say what i said, i don't recall".

Guest Guest

If it weren't for the Reagan years and "Reagonomics" ....Bill Clinton and the rest of the country (everyone except us here in Broome County) would not have seen the economic growth of the 90's.

Guest Guest
Reagan was one of the best presidents ever.

I disagree. He did great things (ended the cold war because we could borrow more money from the japanese than the ruskies) He was also an inspiring leader and brouhgt about much patriotism - but bancrupted us for decades or generations to come. He also set into place policies that bancrupted the Social Security System - set social and tax policies into place that caused many more people to fall into poverty - raised taxes for the middle classs and set into place social policies that caused many children to be born into poverty and live that way through childhood and beyond.

Good things - and bad things - he did em both.

I disagree. He did great things (ended the cold war because we could borrow more money from the japanese than the ruskies) He was also an inspiring leader and brouhgt about much patriotism - but bancrupted us for decades or generations to come. He also set into place policies that bancrupted the Social Security System - set social and tax policies into place that caused many more people to fall into poverty - raised taxes for the middle classs and set into place social policies that caused many children to be born into poverty and live that way through childhood and beyond.

Good things - and bad things - he did em both.

the social security system would have gone bankrupt in 1983 if reagan had not done anything. and most if not all the debt that was incurred during his presidency was from programs intuited by the DEMOCRATIC controlled congress. ans just so you know...defeating the USSR without firing a single shot was one of the greatest accomplishments human in history.

If it weren't for the Reagan years and "Reagonomics" ....Bill Clinton and the rest of the country (everyone except us here in Broome County) would not have seen the economic growth of the 90's.

probably the most uneducated economic post ever.

the social security system would have gone bankrupt in 1983 if reagan had not done anything. and most if not all the debt that was incurred during his presidency was from programs intuited by the DEMOCRATIC controlled congress. ans just so you know...defeating the USSR without firing a single shot was one of the greatest accomplishments human in history.

another marius gem. it was reagans's economic plan that was approved by congress. hence the term, "reaganomics". it was based on paper assetts and not in reality. that's why everyone had to pay for it later. you were just dumb enough to fall for it. reagan in no way assisted social security. he created the problem and once again pretended to fix it. you would think by now someone with a 5th grade education could have figured out the smoke and mirror tricks of reagan. guess not. "I DON'T RECALL. i was sleeping".

another marius gem. it was reagans's economic plan that was approved by congress. hence the term, "reaganomics". it was based on paper assetts and not in reality. that's why everyone had to pay for it later. you were just dumb enough to fall for it. reagan in no way assisted social security. he created the problem and once again pretended to fix it. you would think by now someone with a 5th grade education could have figured out the smoke and mirror tricks of reagan. guess not. "I DON'T RECALL. i was sleeping".

You must have been sleeping during the Reagan years my friend. The country was in a malaise under Carter. Everybody said the USA had seen its best days, Unemployment and iinterest rates were in the double digits. Inflation was high. Reagan came into power and things changed. Unemployment came down, inflation was under control, interest rates plummetted, the housing market boomed, Reagan let corporate America grow with R and D. All of a sudden the US was back on top. The internet age was born and the US led the way because Reagan let corporate America grow with free enterprise. The USA smashed Japan and Europe with the Reagan system. The country floursished for years with a few minor blips after the Reagan revolution.

You must have been sleeping during the Reagan years my friend. The country was in a malaise under Carter. Everybody said the USA had seen its best days, Unemployment and iinterest rates were in the double digits. Inflation was high. Reagan came into power and things changed. Unemployment came down, inflation was under control, interest rates plummetted, the housing market boomed, Reagan let corporate America grow with R and D. All of a sudden the US was back on top. The internet age was born and the US led the way because Reagan let corporate America grow with free enterprise. The USA smashed Japan and Europe with the Reagan system. The country floursished for years with a few minor blips after the Reagan revolution.

the carter years were brutal because they reflected reality. reagan manipulated the economy with money we didn't have. hardly a genius. all of that prosperity was paid back. you're just too dumb to know it. funny, i thought al gore invented the internet, not ronald reagan. i can tell by your user name you are an idiot. "newt" led the charge to impeach bill clinton while he was having an affair at the exact same time. that's family values for ya.

Guest Guest

Yeah...that Reagan...he was just a dumb actor....no brains at all...and yet he managed to "manipulate the economy" and fool everyone into thinking Jimmy Carter was a complete dolt so he could win the Cold War.

Yeah...that Reagan...he was just a dumb actor....no brains at all...and yet he managed to "manipulate the economy" and fool everyone into thinking Jimmy Carter was a complete dolt so he could win the Cold War.

UHHHHH? YEA, WHATEVER YOU SAY.

Guest Guest

Ray-gun was an actor who could deliver a line. He had good writers.

We will never know how far along his mental degeneration was the last few years.

He created a big share of the national debt we have now.

We are still paying off the tax payer bail out of the saving and loan failures

We just got rid of his ally Saddam Hussien.

Given time Reagan will be listed as the second worse president, next to the current one.

Guest Guest

I agree with you completely about the cold war. A great accomplishment!!! The rest of your post, howevr, is fantasy. The facts disagree with your opinions.

Guest Guest
the carter years were brutal because they reflected reality. reagan manipulated the economy with money we didn't have. hardly a genius. all of that prosperity was paid back. you're just too dumb to know it. funny, i thought al gore invented the internet, not ronald reagan. i can tell by your user name you are an idiot. "newt" led the charge to impeach bill clinton while he was having an affair at the exact same time. that's family values for ya.

You are correct. Life is great when you have a two trillion dollar credit card that you can spend and not re-pay

Guest Minnie Rogers

Because of Ronnie..I still have a couple cases of Borax in the cellar..basta*d.

I wish now that Twenty mule team ran over his butt !

Guest Guest

Exactly what action by reagan caused the downfall of the soviet union.

Wasn't he the one who called for a balanced budget? Hypocrite!

Reagan began the theft of social security funds that continues today.

Guest Guest
Exactly what action by reagan caused the downfall of the soviet union.

Wasn't he the one who called for a balanced budget? Hypocrite!

Reagan began the theft of social security funds that continues today.

The theft of social security funds began during the 60's to pay for the war in Viet Nam.

Archived