How far would parents go?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Times have changed drastically since my days of high school sports so I am curious-how far do you think parents would go to make sure there kid has a spot on the team? And is a spot just good enough or does he/she need to be the star? Any sport.........................(this is not directed at any school or player)

Guest guest
Times have changed drastically since my days of high school sports so I am curious-how far do you think parents would go to make sure there kid has a spot on the team? And is a spot just good enough or does he/she need to be the star? Any sport.........................(this is not directed at any school or player)
This has been going on for a long time. Many players are chosen by talent and academics but there are a few who make school teams because they have connections. be it the coach is tight with a players parents or relatives or parents manipulate the system until a kid is put on a team to keep peace. Many coaches will deny this but it is a fact.

Guest Guest

I have heard that if you are a varsity head football coach the parents go behind your back to try and make sure their kids get playing time. If their kids don't get playing time they try to get the coach fired.

Guest guest

I have heard that if you are a varsity head football coach the parents go behind your back to try and make sure their kids get playing time. If their kids don't get playing time they try to get the coach fired.

Sounds like this is from personal experience? They can try and get a coach fired but don't give the parents that much credit unless things are really out of control-if the coach gets fired there was reasons not always made public and yet at times very obvious!

Archived