Binghamton parking

Guest another guest

Guest another guest

I was in downtown Binghamton this week to work on a remodeling job and ended up parking at a meter. The only place within reasonable walking distance (I had tools to carry) was one hour MAX-Every hour I or one of my co-workers had to run out to feed the meter-how can this possibly be good for business? There are lots of reasons people shop at Malls but one obvious one is free parking! If the city cannot afford to give up their parking $ at least change the meters to 3-4 hour max. One hour is just plain stupid!

I was in downtown Binghamton this week to work on a remodeling job and ended up parking at a meter. The only place within reasonable walking distance (I had tools to carry) was one hour MAX-Every hour I or one of my co-workers had to run out to feed the meter-how can this possibly be good for business? There are lots of reasons people shop at Malls but one obvious one is free parking! If the city cannot afford to give up their parking $ at least change the meters to 3-4 hour max. One hour is just plain stupid!

No room in the parking ramps ?

You failed to mention where in "Downtown" you were working and where you had to park. Is your employer paying for parking by giving you back what you pay?

If you had tools, then why not take them to your jobsite first, then go back and take your vehicle to a parking ramp? I don't get it. When we go to events at the arena, we park either in a ramp or one of the other parking areas available and just don't understand. "Downtown" is not like a mall, everything under one roof.

Welcome to an urban community. Every downtown is like this. If you had more than one hour to park there, you'd be there all day and customers could not come in and out to use the businesses. That would be bad for business! If you are going to be in downtown for more than a few hours you park at the ramp- there are three to choose from and the max you have to pay all day is $4. Do you have any idea how much easier and cheaper you have it hear compared to other cities?

Next time, double park in front of the place you are going, drop off your tools, and then go park in the ramp. Leave the hourly parking spots to paying customers who use the local businesses and are not planning on staying more than an hour.

Archived