Puppy Pee Pee and Poo Poo Question

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I got a black lab puppy a few weeks ago and am having a pee pee and poo poo problem. I keep him in a crate and take him outside to pee and poop immediately after taking him out of the crate. And he usually does go pee and poop. The problem is, when he comes back inside and eats his food and gets a drink, he'll pee again within a few minutes! If I see him about to peep or poop I'll grab him and take him outside. It's hard to catch him every time though. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

feed and water before you take him out.. and dont allow him to have any when he comes back in .. get tiny treats for him if he did a good job..

agreed, and also try to let the pup go outside without a leash, after you teach the yard boundaries. I put up a temporary fence for this years ago, and the eldest dogs taught the younger ones as the years went on. The fence? Gone 10 years ago. Now they rarely step beyond the yard boundaries.

Guest Dog Pound Doug

Between this question and the other posting about the barking, it sounds as if you have zero experience with puppies. I wonder if you should even own a puppy?

Guest dogowner

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. A puppy will have to go out again soon after eating. Be patient and stay with it.

Guest dogowner
Between this question and the other posting about the barking, it sounds as if you have zero experience with puppies. I wonder if you should even own a puppy?

Every dog owner starts out as a first time dog owner.

Guest guest

This is about a male puppy, the other one is about a female puppy. Pay attention Doug! :rolleyes:

I got a black lab puppy a few weeks ago and am having a pee pee and poo poo problem. I keep him in a crate and take him outside to pee and poop immediately after taking him out of the crate. And he usually does go pee and poop. The problem is, when he comes back inside and eats his food and gets a drink, he'll pee again within a few minutes! If I see him about to peep or poop I'll grab him and take him outside. It's hard to catch him every time though. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

After he eats and drinks take him outside immediately. It is just common sense if he does that everytime. Can't believe no one else suggested that. Even our older dog has to do that after he eats and drinks.

Archived