Ron Roberts Body Shop in Kirkwood

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

My friend (Ron) has his 1968 Camaro at this guy's bodyshop for 5 years now. It's nowhere near getting done, the engine has been done sitting in Garo's shop for 3 and a half years. The transmission (4 speed) needs to new parts and a rebuild, Garo said he's not touching it until the car is near finished.

Then guy just keeps giving Ron excuse after excuse after excuse! The guy constantly tells him I'll have it done this fall, Oh something came up, I'll have it done by spring.................Oh sorry I'll get done by summer and On and On and On!!!!!

This gut is a real scam artist!

My friend (Ron) has his 1968 Camaro at this guy's bodyshop for 5 years now. It's nowhere near getting done, the engine has been done sitting in Garo's shop for 3 and a half years. The transmission (4 speed) needs to new parts and a rebuild, Garo said he's not touching it until the car is near finished.

Then guy just keeps giving Ron excuse after excuse after excuse! The guy constantly tells him I'll have it done this fall, Oh something came up, I'll have it done by spring.................Oh sorry I'll get done by summer and On and On and On!!!!!

This gut is a real scam artist!

Ron does good work. Did he pay him? Have you ever restored a car its not easy. 5 years is a long time but he is only one guy.

Guest NGMHNM

yes i agree chewbacca, ron does do good work. But no it doesnt take 5 years to restore a car and Ron can get it done much faster than that by himself. The problem is money. Ron works on cars until the money the car owner gave him runs out and when they don't come up with any more money to continue the project at that time he doesnt continue working on them. He does not want to have to deal with deadbeats like this guy with the 68 camaro who wants all the work done and doesnt want to pay for it up front. He's not that big of sucker that he'll do all the work and let you take the car before paying him. However the guy with the 68 camaro should feel lucky hes not being charged rent for the space his car occupies in Ron's garage instead of being left outside to rot. THe deal is pay up front and your ride will get done. Mine did in a timely fashion because I had the green right up front. So don't call Ron out making him look like some fool when it is your friend who is fooling you and himself.

Guest NGMHNM

Oh yeah I have one more thing to add. If its been there so long and Ron Roberts is so full of excuses and your buddy has paid him the money to do all the work, why doesnt your buddy take the car out of there and take it somewhere else and then if Roberts doesn't give him his money back take him to court??? Oh I know why, because exactly what was said before, the money ran out and Ron stopped working on it. Enough said.

Guest Guest
yes i agree chewbacca, ron does do good work. But no it doesnt take 5 years to restore a car and Ron can get it done much faster than that by himself. The problem is money. Ron works on cars until the money the car owner gave him runs out and when they don't come up with any more money to continue the project at that time he doesnt continue working on them. He does not want to have to deal with deadbeats like this guy with the 68 camaro who wants all the work done and doesnt want to pay for it up front. He's not that big of sucker that he'll do all the work and let you take the car before paying him. However the guy with the 68 camaro should feel lucky hes not being charged rent for the space his car occupies in Ron's garage instead of being left outside to rot. THe deal is pay up front and your ride will get done. Mine did in a timely fashion because I had the green right up front. So don't call Ron out making him look like some fool when it is your friend who is fooling you and himself.

Funny you bring it up! Ron Roberts recieved 2,200.00 dollars for all the parts he claimed he needed. Well he never bought all the parts to start the job as he wanted up front. Ron was the one who got money up front so don't try to make out Roberts as some saint. This guy is a BS artist and does get the money up front, his days of BSing Ron with the 68 Camaro are going to be over very soon. Oh by the way Ron B. with the 68 Camaro is no deadbeat so don't go there!

Funny you bring it up! Ron Roberts recieved 2,200.00 dollars for all the parts he claimed he needed. Well he never bought all the parts to start the job as he wanted up front. Ron was the one who got money up front so don't try to make out Roberts as some saint. This guy is a BS artist and does get the money up front, his days of BSing Ron with the 68 Camaro are going to be over very soon. Oh by the way Ron B. with the 68 Camaro is no deadbeat so don't go there!

You say 2,200 in parts you didnt say anything about labor.

Guest Guest

I grew up with Ron Roberts and Ron is a great guy. While I do not know the circumstances of this particular case, I do know that while Ron does great work, he can be a procrastinator. I would also assume that there is something else to the story here as well, because while he may procrastinate, he would never procrstinate for that long of a period of time. If it were me waiting for the car to be done, I would have taken it out a long time ago.

Guest Guest
You say 2,200 in parts you didnt say anything about labor.

Why would anyone pay in advance for labor? I can see the parts as that would be an out of pocket expense for him, but labor gets paid after the job is complete. Something's not quite right here - on both sides.

Why would anyone pay in advance for labor? I can see the parts as that would be an out of pocket expense for him, but labor gets paid after the job is complete. Something's not quite right here - on both sides.

Apparently you have never restored or had someone restore a car. You either pay as you go or pay like a retainer and get money back at the end. Thats how its done by most professional shops. If he has taken that long and its paid for shame on him. If its not been paid for then shame on you.

Archived