Is Anyone Making $s on eBay?

Guest A Serious Question

Guest A Serious Question

Are any people here selling stuff on eBay for a profit? Are you making money consistently?

I was thinking of starting a serious part-time business selling on eBay, but after looking at shipping costs and fees charged by PayPal and eBay, I'm not sure you can do it for a consistent income.

Thanks.

Guest Guest

I have bought 5 items from ebay. Each time I had to pay shiping and handling costs. So the customer pays the shiping and it's added onto the price.

Are any people here selling stuff on eBay for a profit? Are you making money consistently?

I was thinking of starting a serious part-time business selling on eBay, but after looking at shipping costs and fees charged by PayPal and eBay, I'm not sure you can do it for a consistent income.

Thanks.

It depends upon what your selling. Plan on it as a hobby at first until you get to know the ropes. To make it a business you really have to sell in volume or be selling something thats rare where theres a larger profit margin. There are a lot of phoneys, cheats and liars out there so use extreme caution. Never sell to overseas buyers. Items shipped to certain countries never make it to their destination. I do from time to time buy and sell on ebay. However I wouldn't dream of making it a full time gig.

Good Luck!

Guest Guest

With all the new changes greedbay has made it is not a great selling enviornment right now. There is talk of another boycott.

The fees have gone up and now sellers can only leave a positive feedback for buyers, but they can leave whatever the heck they want for you.

There are a lot of phoneys, cheats and liars out there so use extreme caution.

You are so correct. I have been doing business (buying and selling) on e-Bay since 1999. I never had a problem with selling, even now and use Pay-Pal.

However, buying, that's another story all together. In the past 2 months I have purchased over $ 300. worth of stuff that I knew I could make a a few bucks on, and got some of the most lame brain excuses for delyed shipping, incorrect items and not being shipped at all. Of course I got my money back because of using Pay-Pal, but it's getting so that even those who have good ratings ( I never buy from anyone with a lower the 98.5% rating ) are trying to take advantage.

This last purchase, after 4 e-mails and a week, the guy finally answered saying he had to go out of town on family business, and I checked. What a down right lier. He was using my money to purchase things. I finally got the item, but not what I bid on. Needless to say, he got it back, I got my money back, he also got a warning from e-Bay and Pay-Pal.

Just be careful, and if need be (and this has happened to me) send out a e-mail to a couple other buyers that purchased from the seller. Try to get the low down. I've received e-mails from others looking to buy, and if my transaction went smoothly, I tell them.

Good Luck

I am making money on ebay. What will you be selling and where will you get it is a good question to ask yourself. Buying out estates will be very time consuming. Garage sales are an option but you really have know your stuff. I could sell you some stuff to resell ;)

Thanks.

YUP B)

Guest Joe Shipper

I don't do EBAY, but I ship! Ship to the sellers, then ship to the buyers, then ship it back if they don't want it! Ship, ship, ship. Shipping is wonderful! Shipping is cool! Just remember: There's no crying in shipping!

Warning: Pure sarcasm, not to be taken seriously, I don't even like the mail!

Archived