Corruption

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone besides myself think that having a police officer administer a breathalyzer (your form of defense in a DWI case) is a bit of a conflict of interest? I think all breathalyzer's should be administrated by an independent contractor. That is the only way to keep the results unbiased. Power inherently corrupts. We should always be wary and take motions to correct.

Guest Guest
Does anyone besides myself think that having a police officer administer a breathalyzer (your form of defense in a DWI case) is a bit of a conflict of interest? I think all breathalyzer's should be administrated by an independent contractor. That is the only way to keep the results unbiased. Power inherently corrupts. We should always be wary and take motions to correct.

I can see where you're coming from! But, it is also somewhat of a standardized test. If you drink below or above the legal limit the machine will say so. An officer can't really force the machine to say you blew a .10 if you really only blew a .07 right? I think for field sobriety tests you're onto something!

Guest Guest

Well I was taken in for a breathalyzer and couldn't make it work. I have no idea how or why and that was listed as a refusal. The officer gave me no directions and he can't tell me what I did incorrectly. Apparently he doesn't have to. I can't see how this is fair.

Guest Guest

So, are you saying that breathalizer's should be sold at convenience stores so as to ensure "neutrality" in case you're pulled over? You want unbiased - DON'T DRINK & DRIVE.

Guest Guest

Who said that, pinhead?

It was stated that the unit didn't work, and he was accused of refusal, which has many ramifications, and if he wasn't legally intoxicated, that sucks.

Guest Guest

You "couldn't make it work"? Honestly! The only thing you do is BLOW. HELLO. There is no trick and no possible way an officer could manipulate the machine. Perhaps you subconsciously KNEW you were over the limit and behaved in a way that hindered you from doing what was asked. If you compromise the machine it sees it as a refusal and then you're automatically sunk there too. Really, you don't win either way. The best bet is to do everyone else on the road, and yourself, a favor and DON'T drink and drive. Problem solved.

Guest Guest

Come on. In the history of the planet you have never heard of someone that was convicted of something eventually get freed because it was determined that the police manipulated the evidence? Please don't be so naive. My point was if you want the system to be a just as possible, I would hope that would be a goal, than the test should be given by someone else besides the police. This should be a no brainer.

Guest Guest
Come on. In the history of the planet you have never heard of someone that was convicted of something eventually get freed because it was determined that the police manipulated the evidence? Please don't be so naive. My point was if you want the system to be a just as possible, I would hope that would be a goal, than the test should be given by someone else besides the police. This should be a no brainer.

It is a digital machine that prints a read out. What do you think the police would do...try to erase and retype the print? Come on. Those machines are tested before, after and consistently to assure they are working properly. Isn't the real problem here a person's belief that it's ok for him/her to get behind the wheel of a car and drive while INTOXICATED?! When your wife, sister, daughter, brother, son, father, mother gets killed by a drunk driver because some selfish know-it-all drove drunk, call me and tell me how you feel then.

If you put the drink to your mouth you shouldn’t be putting the keys in the ignition… don’t drink and drive and they won’t make you blow it

Have some sense give a friend the keys if your drinking you have no right to be on the roads my family drives on them same roads and you have no right to endanger the lives of others

Drunk drivers should have the same penalties as if they were to murder someone because in the same sense that is what can happen

Guest Guest
If you put the drink to your mouth you shouldn’t be putting the keys in the ignition… don’t drink and drive and they won’t make you blow it

Have some sense give a friend the keys if your drinking you have no right to be on the roads my family drives on them same roads and you have no right to endanger the lives of others

Drunk drivers should have the same penalties as if they were to murder someone because in the same sense that is what can happen

With your logic we should arrest all men with penises because the "could" rape. This country used to be based on innocent until proven guilty. What the hell happened?

With your logic we should arrest all men with penises because the "could" rape. This country used to be based on innocent until proven guilty. What the hell happened?

No way rape is a not at all the same, With drinking and driving getting hurt is very likely anyone can rape or be raped but you don’t choose it!!! people choose to drink and then get behind the wheel of a car

No way rape is a not at all the same, With drinking and driving getting hurt is very likely anyone can rape or be raped but you don’t choose it!!! people choose to drink and then get behind the wheel of a car

wow, what a deep concept. rape and drunk driving aren't the same. i've been laboring under the false assumption they were the same my whole life. i feel real stupid. thanks. what would society do without women to show us the way?

Archived