Gov. Paterson.?>

Guest Askwhutthefudge

Guest Askwhutthefudge

<_<

Anyone care to venture a guess as to whether or not anything is going to get done in Albany over the next 2 1/2 years?

Is Paterson going to last out the term or will we see a Governor Bruno at some point?

I predict Paterson is DOA and neither house is going to allow anything to get through. I hope I am very wrong...

Guest Guest

He is legally blind.

He was a former representative of Harlem, so he is African-American.

He is a superdelegate pledged to Obama.

That's all I know.

Guest Guest
He is legally blind.

That's all I know.

"Tell me again what exactly I am signing."

Guest Trump
He is legally blind.

That's all I know.

I believe he's pledged to Hillary.

Guest Guest

They say he gets along well with people... But don't be fooled they say is is very tough!! He is tagged as being liberal. He insisted on going to mainline public schools even though he was blind from 3 months old. He could have had a guide dog but choose not to. Very intelligent. Some problems from former resume... was listed as Queens Assistant District Attorney but never passed bar exam because of time restraint on Bar exam is almost impossible for blind person to pass! Stated that he gets along with leading Republicans like Bruno in NY Government. Was being consdered to run for Hillary's Senate seat if she was elected president. Actually he does not sound so bad.

Found this on a website:

David A Paterson was elected New York's 74th Lieutenant Governor on Nov. 7, 2006.

• Paterson was the youngest senator in Albany when he was elected at age 35 in 1985.

• He is a graduate of Columbia University and Hofstra University School of Law.

• David Paterson is the first African-American lieutenant governor.

• David Paterson is also the first legally blind person to hold the job.

• Paterson is married with two children.

• His father, Basil Paterson, once represented the Harlem district he won in the 1980s.

• The elder Paterson became the first non-white secretary of state in New York, an appointed post. In 1970, he was the Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor, but lost.

Guest Guest

I thought I read somewhere that if Paterson becomes Governor - Republican Majority leader Joseph Bruno would automatically become Lieutenant Governor and thus become a Democratic SUPERDELEGATE!! But speculation is the Republican would turn down the SUPERDELEGATE part because of being a Republican!!!

Guest Guest

Will there be a special election in November of 08?

Found this on a website:

David A Paterson was elected New York's 74th Lieutenant Governor on Nov. 7, 2006.

• Paterson was the youngest senator in Albany when he was elected at age 35 in 1985.

• He is a graduate of Columbia University and Hofstra University School of Law.

• David Paterson is the first African-American lieutenant governor.

• David Paterson is also the first legally blind person to hold the job.

• Paterson is married with two children.

• His father, Basil Paterson, once represented the Harlem district he won in the 1980s.

• The elder Paterson became the first non-white secretary of state in New York, an appointed post. In 1970, he was the Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor, but lost.

Guest Guest
Will there be a special election in November of 08?

No! If Leiutennant Gov. Paterson accepts the Gov's position he fills out the remainder of Spitzers full term. If for whatever reason Paterson turns down the Gov. position it goes to Majority leader Republican Joseph Bruno.

Guest Guest

I knew it went to Bruno if Paterson does not take it but why no special election?

Then who gets Bruno's seat? Tedesco or Libous???????

No! If Leiutennant Gov. Paterson accepts the Gov's position he fills out the remainder of Spitzers full term. If for whatever reason Paterson turns down the Gov. position it goes to Majority leader Republican Joseph Bruno.

Guest Guest
I thought I read somewhere that if Paterson becomes Governor - Republican Majority leader Joseph Bruno would automatically become Lieutenant Governor and thus become a Democratic SUPERDELEGATE!! But speculation is the Republican would turn down the SUPERDELEGATE part because of being a Republican!!!

Are you dumb or just plain stupid? Superdelegates are DEMOCRATIC Party Insiders. Bruno, as a republican, wouldn't be a Democratic party insider entitled to Superdelegate status.

Guest Guest
I knew it went to Bruno if Paterson does not take it but why no special election?

Then who gets Bruno's seat? Tedesco or Libous???????

Would Bruono want to be Patersons Lieutennant Gov???? He may actually have more power in current position as Majority leader.

Guest Guest
Would Bruono want to be Patersons Lieutennant Gov???? He may actually have more power in current position as Majority leader.

Bruno becomes "acting" lt. gov. and cannot cast two votes in that position. He is still Majority Leader as well.

Guest Guest

IF HILLARY CLINTON BECOMES PRESIDENT - THE GOVERNOR OF NEW YORK STATE PICKS HER REPLACEMENT TO THE U.S. SENATE!! SEEING THAT LT. GOV. PATERSON WAS THE FRONTRUNNER TO BE HER REPLACEMENT - SO GOV. PATERSON COULD VERY WELL APPOINT HIMSELF TO TAKE HER SENATE SPOT!! (PATERSON CAN STAY ON AS NEW YORK GOVERNOR OR APPOINT HIMSELF TO THE US SENATE IF HILLARY IS ELECTED PRESIDENT!!!

Guest Leroy Jamal Jenkem
They say he gets along well with people... But don't be fooled they say is is very tough!! He is tagged as being liberal. He insisted on going to mainline public schools even though he was blind from 3 months old. He could have had a guide dog but choose not to. Very intelligent. Some problems from former resume... was listed as Queens Assistant District Attorney but never passed bar exam because of time restraint on Bar exam is almost impossible for blind person to pass! Stated that he gets along with leading Republicans like Bruno in NY Government. Was being consdered to run for Hillary's Senate seat if she was elected president. Actually he does not sound so bad.

His failure to pass the bar exam has nothing to do wirh his blindness It has everyyhing to do with his Affirmative Action degree. For a long time in this country, despite efforts by educators, politicians and the testing companies themselves, Blacks have and still do consistently score 15 points lower than Whites on standardized IQ tests. At learning tasks which require only memory - for example, simple arithmetical operations and spelling - properly motivated Blacks can do nearly as well as Whites.That's why the fill postal jobs--look aaround Binghamton. But at tasks which require abstraction, or inference of a general rule from a series of instances - and this includes virtually all problem-solving operations - Black performance falls fall below that of Whites. The evidence that racial differences in IQ are at least partly genetic is overwhelming, despite the yells of negroes that greet anyone who points this out.

Guest Trump
Does this mean that Libous becomes Hillary's running mate? Or is he automatically Lt. Governor? Who will replace him as the Newmans' boy?

Hahahah! That's great.

His failure to pass the bar exam has nothing to do wirh his blindness It has everyyhing to do with his Affirmative Action degree. For a long time in this country, despite efforts by educators, politicians and the testing companies themselves, Blacks have and still do consistently score 15 points lower than Whites on standardized IQ tests. At learning tasks which require only memory - for example, simple arithmetical operations and spelling - properly motivated Blacks can do nearly as well as Whites.That's why the fill postal jobs--look aaround Binghamton. But at tasks which require abstraction, or inference of a general rule from a series of instances - and this includes virtually all problem-solving operations - Black performance falls fall below that of Whites. The evidence that racial differences in IQ are at least partly genetic is overwhelming, despite the yells of negroes that greet anyone who points this out.

http://www.cpsimoes.net/artigos/bell_mainstr.html

Archived