Mixed Martial Arts

Guest Cruise

Guest Cruise

www.mmafacts.com

Check out and sign up on the above web-sight. UFC is leading the charge to bring MMA back to NY. New York is one of the key markets where MMA still remains unsanctioned. Certain to be a economic generator for the state, there no plausible reason to keep it out.

Time to get on board Senator Libous. ;)

Guest Just a matter of time

It's going to be allowed in NYS very soon. The current guys at the top aren't huge fans, but being that it now works with quality athletic commission guidelines, it's certainly pointless to not allow it.

Funny how boxing is allowed when it's way more dangerous and punsihing......

Lets get it in NY.. Write your officials!!!!

Guest Cruise
It's going to be allowed in NYS very soon. The current guys at the top aren't huge fans, but being that it now works with quality athletic commission guidelines, it's certainly pointless to not allow it.

Funny how boxing is allowed when it's way more dangerous and punsihing......

Lets get it in NY.. Write your officials!!!!

Polls done in Albany with officials/legislators revealed very little opposition. The biggest opposition seems to be with with the New York State Athletic Commission which is of course is beholden to Boxing.

Guest Guest

The Athletic Commission would want MMA as that is more work for them and more money. Boxing and MMA can generate a ton, but for whatever the reason, those with the vote to open it up are failing to do so.

McCain is not opposed to MMA in its present form. He was against it in the early days when it was essentially No Holds Barred fighting. With unified rules and Athletic Commission oversite there is Much, Much less Opposition. Hopefully the NY legislature will see the light and the $$$ that can made here.

Guest MMA Fan

Who cares what McCain thinks, not his state.

The issue now is, what does Paterson think? He is a sports/athletics fan so this may happen pretty quickly, I hope so...

Guest Guest
Who cares what McCain thinks, not his state.

The issue now is, what does Paterson think? He is a sports/athletics fan so this may happen pretty quickly, I hope so...

You'll care when he's president and bans it.And by the way he still hates it look it up.

Guest Guest
You'll care when he's president and bans it.And by the way he still hates it look it up.
'

LOL, this sport will never be banned. It generates huge amounts of revenue, and when it comes down to it, thats what makes the world go round. He has in fact backed off of his hatred for the sport due to the new uniform rules and sanctioning. Look it up.

Guest MMA Fan
'

LOL, this sport will never be banned. It generates huge amounts of revenue, and when it comes down to it, thats what makes the world go round. He has in fact backed off of his hatred for the sport due to the new uniform rules and sanctioning. Look it up.

No doubt. Fastest growing professional sport in the world, largest grossing pay per view in history, I just don't see this getting banned. In fact it is growing at an explosive rate with more states are coming on board, New York is just a little slow on the uptake (what a shocker).

Guest Guest

Lets hear it for Bruce Buffer or Jimmy Lennin Jr. saying "Coming to you Live from Madison Square Garden"!

We've waited long enough for MMA in New York. Come on Libous and Crouch, Make it happen! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Let's not exxagerate
No doubt. Fastest growing professional sport in the world, largest grossing pay per view in history, I just don't see this getting banned. In fact it is growing at an explosive rate with more states are coming on board, New York is just a little slow on the uptake (what a shocker).

While I too want it in MMA and it should be as it's far safer than boxing, but lets not get carried away with the PPV #'s as it was nowhere near the highest grossing event. It needs to be in NY as it's teh mecca of sports and I will bet by teh end of 08 it will be.

Guest Get a clue NY
While I too want it in MMA and it should be as it's far safer than boxing, but lets not get carried away with the PPV #'s as it was nowhere near the highest grossing event. It needs to be in NY as it's teh mecca of sports and I will bet by teh end of 08 it will be.

It's THE....J/K!! However, we are in the final months with Mixed Martial arts not being allowed in our state and it is laughable that they currently are against this. The brutality of boxing is light years ahead of the abuse the fighters in MMA take and the medical reports back this.

The MMA world is at it's peak interest and losing money is all our state is accomplishing with it being banned.

@

Guest Guest
Be sure to check out The Ultimate Fighter TV show tonight on Spike. Erik Charles of CNYMMA will be one of the competitors.

Lead Teacher at THESHAAC too

Guest Guest
And he loses.

so?

i'm assuming you have made it to an extremely high level in your sport and lost then, correct?

or are you a HS hero playin pickup softball at Otsinengo Park on the weekend

Typical of this area....a local kid gets some national exposure because he is great at what he does and everyone wants to bring him down.

Guest Guest
so?

i'm assuming you have made it to an extremely high level in your sport and lost then, correct?

or are you a HS hero playin pickup softball at Otsinengo Park on the weekend

Typical of this area....a local kid gets some national exposure because he is great at what he does and everyone wants to bring him down.

JUST TO TRY AND PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE, THOUSANDS OF FIGHTERS TRY OUT FOR THIS SHOW EACH SEASON. TO MAKE IT ONTO THE SHOW IS A HUGE VICTORY IN IT'S OWN RIGHT.

Archived