Binghamton City watter going up?

Guest ????????/

Guest ????????/

Talk with Tony read an email from a town supervisor stating that Binghamtons watter my increase 43%. Sounds a little like the JC increase. I also didnt kow that the local towns sold watter.

Talk with Tony read an email from a town supervisor stating that Binghamtons watter my increase 43%. Sounds a little like the JC increase. I also didnt kow that the local towns sold watter.

Watter? Three times? You kidding me?

Watter is not going up, but water is :blink:

Guest Dane Cook

Why would you punch a baby? :blink:

Binghanton isn't the only one increasing their water rates.

Endicott and the Town of Union rates are going up also.

It dosent look good to raise taxes, so they raise water rates!!

Guest Guest
Binghanton isn't the only one increasing their water rates.

Endicott and the Town of Union rates are going up also.

It dosent look good to raise taxes, so they raise water rates!!

I would like to see the water bills for the Akels, Maines, Matthews, and BMets Stadium!!!

Anyone dare to wager that they don't pay their fare share???

Guest Guest

Once again the rates go up. Did you ever consider what it takes to make the water you drink. I know Vestal, Endicott and JC have wells along with a number of other towns. Binghamton takes the water out of that moving sludge pit called the Susquehanna and has to clean it up. It's pretty costly to do that. Remember that chlorine accident that happened not too long ago? That stuff gets trucked in and what is going up??? Fuel prices. Just look at what is going up in your household and apply it to the water. They have to clean the water, pump, store and test it before it even gets to your tap. I'm not really upset with the rate increase. The entire area pays little for water compared to other areas of the country. Take your water bill and break it down on a daily basis and you'll be pretty amazed at how cheap it is. Get your cable bill out. How much do you pay in one month? How about your cell phone??? How much do you pay there? Consider what you use in 3 or four months in water and what you pay. I've had to cut back and install a new toilet and sink. Sure it's going up but so is everything else. You can drive by the water plant and see how big it is. Does any other community nearby have that setup to clean the water? No. They have wells. They pump it out of the ground, hit it with some chemicals, store it and pump it to your house. How many of you even drink the water in your communities??? I know lots of people that drink bottled water only. How much do you pay per bottle? By the way... What about the environmental impact of those empty plastic bottles?? Aren't they made of a product that uses petroleum?? I could go on and on but hey, I need my water and it's still pretty cheap coming out of my tap.

Guest Water Consumer

I believe that the Town of Dickinson buys its water from Binghamton, JC & Chenango. When rates are raised, they can't do much except raise the rates that they charge residents. If it's true that Bing. is raising the water rate 42%, then a similar rate hike will follow in the surrounding towns that buy water from Bing.

I'd like to know the reason for the huge increase from Bing.? What are they doing wrong??

Archived