average household income NY state 70,000 in yr 2000

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Did you know that in the year 2000 the average household income in NY state was over $70,000. That is a statistic you do not see publicized in Broome County by those espousing how well the area is doing and arguing that it is not an economic and toxic pit. Was the average income in Broome even half that? Broome County -land of NO opportunity but lots of chemicals and polluted air, water, soil and homes.

Guest Guest
Did you know that in the year 2000 the average household income in NY state was over $70,000. That is a statistic you do not see publicized in Broome County by those espousing how well the area is doing and arguing that it is not an economic and toxic pit. Was the average income in Broome even half that? Broome County -land of NO opportunity but lots of chemicals and polluted air, water, soil and homes.

Because you fall below the norm you persecute those that achieve that level?????

Oh wait your a liberal NEVER MIND.

Guest Guest
Because you fall below the norm you persecute those that achieve that level?????

Missed the point totally didn't you. Achieving above that level is desirable. I wish more people in Broome achieved that level. The community falls so way below acceptable levels that it is sad. Liberal. What are you talking about? Maybe the income matches the local intellect.

Guest too ft putt
Damn.

Most household incomes don't make it to the average.

The southern states are looking more and more desirable every day.

Guest poor guy

grammar is your friend.

Guest Guest
Damn.

Most household incomes don't make it to the average.

The southern states are looking more and more desirable every day.

I don't recommend the Dirty South to anyone!!!

Try to get a pack of gum at a gas station, a burger at drive-thru, or worse yet a grocery store. Most of the people move slow, think slow, and are slow. It get's on a northerner's nerves pretty quick. You'd think it's no big deal, but it wears on you after a while. You get a yes sir or ma'am, and then your meal comes an hour later! I'd rather have a jerk get my meal in 15 minutes!

You complain about the schools here, I wouldn't hire a southern kid to count his own fingers!

Forget about one or two experiences you had on vacation, you have to live there and visit around to get a good feel for the incomprehensible level of stupidity and incompetence!!!

Guest Guest

Those results are probably skewed by the higher salaries in NYC and its suburbs. The cost of living is astronomical down there, so they need to make $70K a year just to live. In Broome County, a single person can live off half that easily. Companies will often adjust salaries based on local cost of living. If I were living in NYC, I would probably be making twice as much doing the same thing. But it would cost twice as much to live there, so it evens out. You need to look at these stats with a grain of salt.

Archived