Birthday party ideas

Guest Mom

Anyone know a good place for my daughter's birthday party. She is turning 3 and only has a couple of friends but there would be approx. 15 adults attending. We want a place where the kids could have fun but it would not be weird to have all the grandmas, aunts, etc there as well. Any ideas?

Guest Guest
Anyone know a good place for my daughter's birthday party. She is turning 3 and only has a couple of friends but there would be approx. 15 adults attending. We want a place where the kids could have fun but it would not be weird to have all the grandmas, aunts, etc there as well. Any ideas?

Chucky Cheese. Kids have a ball.

Chucky Cheese. Kids have a ball.

But it's seizure inducing.

Try something everyone might enjoy....

*bowling alley

*pottery place on the vestal pkwy

*YMCA pool party

Stuff that the adults might get into also.

Most Bowling Centers do pretty good birthday parties that all ages can enjoy. I know both Midway Lanes and Laurel Bowl do well.. Laurel has great pizza too, but Midway has a nice private room for the party while Laurel's is out in the main lanes part.

The Reptile Company on Washington Ave (see the thread about squirrels) does kids b-day parties, but it may scare 3 year olds and elderly folks as they let you hold a tarantula, pet large snales (they have a 10' long albino python)... my 7 year old loved it though....

Game-it fun center is good for the kids (down where Phila Sales used to be in Endicott)

Rexer's Karate Academy does a wonderful job at Kids parties and does a lot of fun stuff with them.

Also try Gymnastic places like Aero, Southern Tier or Owego, they all do well with the kids, and often just watching the kids get engulfed in things is entertaining for the older party goers.

Guest slowpoke

Trap shooting at the local rod and gun club? i have always thought it would be fun, but i dont know how to field dress traps.

Guest Guest

I'm not affiliated with any of these places but have been to parties at all of them.

Chuck E Cheese is not a good place for three year olds or for family members. It has almost nothing for those age groups to do and is pretty expensive. Same thing with Family Fun Center unless you want your three year old girl shooting people with paint ball guns.

Southern Tier Gymnastics in Endwell does a great party with huge inflatable bounce houses including one filled with balloons and they get to do gymnastic like tumbling which is spot on for three year olds. It's not cheap but was a blast for everyone.

The discovery center is for scenario play and many of their areas are a little above the three year old set. They give you a room to eat in and then you get to roam around the play areas.

Aero did a good party but was less fun than Southern Tier Gymnastics because they didn't have bounce houses and the staff at Southern Tier was better with the younger kids.

McDonalds Playland does a nice party and the kids always seem to enjoy the food and the little gym area.

Pool parties aren't realistic with three year olds. They get cold in most public pools in three minutes, most of the kids can't swim, and the parents all have to wear swim suits (do you want to see other parents in swim suits?? Ick!). It's not much fun for anyone.

Similarly, bowling doesn't work well with young kids. They can't really understand the game and don't have the capacity to engage in the sport. It'd be like making you go to a party where you'll be expected to take part in a ballet.

Clay is an option but most three year olds don't yet have the capacity to do much more than play with it. Young kids will get bored quickly.

You can get haircuts at Kidoozies but that's not really something for young kids or relatives.

Guest EFA7E0

Tea Party!

With dress up for the munchkins.

Easy to do at home, or check out someplace like La Tazza, or the Hand of Man in Owego, or the Rose Garden (is that the name of it?) in Endicott.

Guest Guest

Why not just do a party at home, with the child in their own surroundings ?

Hire a clown

Have a Big Cake

Put some cartoons on the set (even if not watching just let them play)

Use some imagination

It's a nice idea to want to give your child a big party, but at 3 years old, I doubt they will remember it in 6 months.

The plus side to doing this at home is after a while the child will get tired. Hey your home, nite-nite. No worrying about "potty" trips in a public restroom. Security of being at home.

After the child hits the sack, hey the adults can sit around and make for some good chat.

When the child get to be about 6, and in school full time, making friends, then plan a big party.

Why not just do a party at home, with the child in their own surroundings ?

Hire a clown

Have a Big Cake

Put some cartoons on the set (even if not watching just let them play)

Use some imagination

It's a nice idea to want to give your child a big party, but at 3 years old, I doubt they will remember it in 6 months.

The plus side to doing this at home is after a while the child will get tired. Hey your home, nite-nite. No worrying about "potty" trips in a public restroom. Security of being at home.

After the child hits the sack, hey the adults can sit around and make for some good chat.

When the child get to be about 6, and in school full time, making friends, then plan a big party.

you are a wonderful parent!

Guest Inconsiderate

Strippers for the adults and pin the tail on the donkey for the kiddies :D

Strippers for the adults and pin the tail on the donkey for the kiddies :D

Yeah why don't you pass out drinks too while you're at it too asshole :angry:

Archived