Binghamton Water Rate Hike

The Mad Russian

Guest Water Consumer

Yes, it's absolutely true. Tried to question some of the elected City officials (Council) and they say they know nothing about it. But read today's legal section in the paper - advertising for a Public Hearing on increasing the rates. The Council has to vote on it!!

Call the Mayor's office or City water Dept. to get some answers. I will be!

Guest Guest

Are you DELETED kidding me??

AGAIN?????

My rate went up 282% in the last 3 years.

WTF?? Are they always stoned down there at city Hall???

Guest Private Well

Fortunately I am on my own well. For those who are not and are in the water district I can only suggest that you get involved for Crying out loud!. Make the calls, write the letters and above all, attend the meetings. It is much more difficult for those who would put the stones to you, to do it when they have to look you in the eyeball!

Yes, it's absolutely true. Tried to question some of the elected City officials (Council) and they say they know nothing about it. But read today's legal section in the paper - advertising for a Public Hearing on increasing the rates. The Council has to vote on it!!

Gee, you sound just like what i heard on TWT, word for word! Yes, like it or not, like him or not, I sometimes do listen to him. That's not the point here.

Guest Guest

You expect this RUBBER STAMP CITY COUNCIL to know anything!!!!! Matt Ryan will send a 42% increase in water and who knows how high sewer rates will go and council who said "We know nothing about it" will RUBBER STAMP IT!!!

Guest Guest

When I bought my house in Binghamton 20 years ago....my water bill was around 15-20 dollars PER QUARTER...at most 100 dollars per year.

When I sold my house last year...I was paying 250 dollars PER QUARTER...for two people.

In my new home in another county...I pay 120 dollars PER YEAR.

Bye...bye!

Archived