WALNUTS FOR BAKING

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I just came from WalMart where the walnuts were $6.18/for a lb.!!! I WAS MORE THAN SHOCKED-ASKED AND WAS TOLD THIS WAS THE CORRECT PRICE!

I will have to limit my baking for Easter! WHY SO MUCH? :unsure::unsure::mellow::mellow:

Guest Guest
Bush has some friends in the walnut business.

You can get a fairly large sized bag for not more than that at Sams Club...buy in bulk when doing baking..you'll save money.

We always buy for Easter around Christmas time when the Nut Harvest is Plentiful..and freeze the bags for Easter..same with butter..we buy it when it's

on sale then Freeze it.

All of the gorceries will be more expensive-everything has to get shipped via trucks who may be paying even more than we are (california $4 gallon) for gas. I agree with buy on sale and freeze. Hopefully there will be a farmer's market open on the weekend somewhere closer than Ithaca this summer so those of us who work during the day will get the chance to buy local!

Guest susi2858

Marianna Brand shelled walnuts are $3.89 per pound at the Giant. The price of flour skyrocketed when wheat futures rose 4fold, dont expect to see lower flour prices until we get some crop reports in June. Happy Baking!

Guest Guest
You can get a fairly large sized bag for not more than that at Sams Club...buy in bulk when doing baking..you'll save money.

We always buy for Easter around Christmas time when the Nut Harvest is Plentiful..and freeze the bags for Easter..same with butter..we buy it when it's

on sale then Freeze it.

Many thanks for the tip of Sams Club-I will stock up at Christmas! Happy baking to everyone!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived