Career Changes

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am thinking of changing to a new career. I hear lots about real estate as a great way of making money, meeting new people and the freedom to work whatever hours you want.

Is all this true? Do real estate agents make alot of money? Some of them I see around here seem to drive very nice cars and are happier than most other people around here.

first my knowledge of real estate wouldn't fill a bottle cap. but my buddy's wife is a real estate agent, and a good one. even she might go 2 months without a check. closings take time so if you could go with out steady income for a time then go for it. when she does get paid it's usally a windfall of cash all at once. i don't think i could do it.

Guest Guest

Your weekends are constantly tied up. Nothing is like it seems. Good luck on your career change. There is so much exploitation of workers, get ready for a rough time. I speak from experience.

Guest Pierre

There are over 400 active RE agents and brokers in the BC area. (public listings)

There are under 1000 properties for sale in the same area (mls realty listings)

The BPSB has a db with all of the home sales for the last decade or so

Less than 12% of The agents and brokers collect commissions on over 80% of the sales (verified trade journals)

So, 7 out of every 8 (over 350) share less than 20% of the sales.

Plan to keep your day job for several years if you want a smooth transition

Guest Guest

If you have the time, energy and motivation needed to invest in a real estate career I highly encourage you to do so! Don't expect any big checks right away... and don't expect to have a steady income; it is a comission based income. But, in the long run it can be very prosperous if you stick with it! And yes you only work the hours you want to, but you need to have the discipline to make yourself put in the hours to get the clients to in turn get the comission. Good luck!!

Guest Guest
There are over 400 active RE agents and brokers in the BC area. (public listings)

There are under 1000 properties for sale in the same area (mls realty listings)

The BPSB has a db with all of the home sales for the last decade or so

Less than 12% of The agents and brokers collect commissions on over 80% of the sales (verified trade journals)

So, 7 out of every 8 (over 350) share less than 20% of the sales.

Plan to keep your day job for several years if you want a smooth transition

Visit some open houses today and talk to the real estate agents running them about starting a career in real estate.

Guest Guest
I am thinking of changing to a new career. I hear lots about real estate as a great way of making money, meeting new people and the freedom to work whatever hours you want.

Is all this true? Do real estate agents make alot of money? Some of them I see around here seem to drive very nice cars and are happier than most other people around here.

Which real estae company should I talk to? Which should I stay away from?

Archived